Ashley furniture Dura/blend

Update added by user Nov 27, 2011

correction purchase date 10 24 10

Original review posted by user Nov 13, 2011

On the date of 10/24/11

I purchased a living room set from Ashley Furniture .The set consisted of ,A couch and love seat, 2 end tables ,one soft table.I thought I was buying a quality product

The couch and love seat of made of a material called DURA/BLEND. This material was said to be a leather,synthetic blend. I was told by Ashley that this was more durable then leather,and not as hot in the summer,Also better than leather .I was lead to believe .Well today's date 11/12/11. The couch is peeling every ware you sit .I bought an extended warranty .Guess what the warranty dose not cover PEELING ,What a joke. So now I am stuck with a couch and love seat that s ready for the garbage man.Two of the end tables , paint is coming off.What did they use Water paint ?? As for the local the local ,this is not there fault .I am not blaming them.The local store is forced to buy there furniture from Ashley Warehouse.All of there furniture come from here

Ashley Home Stores, Ltd. | One Ashley Way | Arcadia, WI 54612

The local store was kind enough to offer me 30 percent a new set.The ASHLEY CORPORATION has not helped me ,and I suspect well to continue to run and hide.Any body looking for furniture??

Well maybe you now know, where not to make your purchase.

Johnny L. Droid bionic

Helpful? 93 Yes 93 290 No 290
Had the same issue 46 Yes 46
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Aug 19 #1201247 Jasper, Alabama

That is why I will never buy Ashley furniture!

May 04 #1153963

my daughter bought one with same material frm big lots and it did the same thing, peeled. It was warrantied, as well, but not for peeling. Buyer beware!!!!!

Jan 29 #1103193

Yep, looks like mine is in that 2 year range where it bubbles and peels.......I don't do extra warranties, its always a gimmick and hassel but a couch delaminating should have a 5 yr at least. This is a defect, they'll prob get sued.

Jan 21 #1098475

I AM VERY UPSET AND HAVE THE VERY SAME EXPERIENCE! THE SALES PERSON WENT ON ON HOW GREAT DURABLEND IS AND THEN TALKED ME ME INTO GETTING THE EXTRA INSURANCE (GUARDSMAN). NO ONE CALLS U BK, U HAVE KEEP AFTER THEM
AND DO NOT EVEN PRETEND TO WANT TO HELP U. WILL NEVER BUY FROM THEM AGAIN

Jan 03 #1087913

We are having the same, HORRIBLE, problem with our peeling "bonded leather" furniture, after being promised by the no-longer-there-saleswoman that the warranty covered "everything". Every time we call the warranty company, they switch the reason WHY it's not a covered item. Heck, the same saleswoman told us it even covered animal claws, which we now know is a complete LIE!!
I called AF customer service yesterday and the girl admitted there WAS a recall of the durabond some years back and perhaps THATS why we have HUGE areas of missing color. The person I need to call is "Diane", who won't be in until tomorrow. She said we will probably need to take pictures of the damage AND the tags under the furniture for proof. No problem.
"Diane" will be told, in no uncertain terms, that if Ashley DOESNT do SOMETHING to rectify this problem , we will be loading up the love-seat in the back of our big, red pick up, along with HUGE signs stating the CRAPPY furniture and customer service Ashley Furniture has, and drive around the TriCities area of VA/TN for months, and hopefully get the local news involved. If THAT doesn't work, then we will drop all of their sh***y furniture at the front door one night, along with more signs, take photos and hopefully get press coverage of THAT too!!
We spent over $2000 on this *** and I had previously stated I would NEVER buy from Ashley, based solely on their cheap, ugly orange/blue/yellow logo...it WREAKS of cheapness and tackiness.
... Show more

Dec 27, 2015 #1084459

We bought a Duro blend couch and live seat ,and it's doing the same thing,..and lost 2,000 dollars. ..they will not get our business again! !!!!!!

2 0 Reply

Nov 04, 2015 #1058589

Thank you so much for all this great info. I was about to purchase a few different couches in the durablend and was worried that the warranty was a scam. I see that I should stay far away from Ashely furniture. Thanks guys :)

2 2 Reply
Tris

Aug 17, 2015 #1020858 Minneapolis, Minnesota

No need to buy new furniture. Just buy a nice throw to cover the peeling. Their furniture is super comfortable. My couch is peeling and we still love it.

2 6 Reply
smart shopper

Jul 26, 2015 #1012125

That's what you get for not buying genuine leather. I don't feel sorry for you. Do your homework

2 10 Reply

Jul 02, 2015 #1002880

Same thing happened to us. Went to Ashley's Furniture. We bought a Sofa, Love Seat and Chair. All Dura/blend and we were told this is better than leather. Will last longer. We bought the extended warranty. We've had the furniture about 2 years. They came out when the furniture was 1 1/2 old, looked at it and said when did you notice this problem and I said a couple of weeks ago. They said sorry, you need to report this with in 7 days. Warranty no good for you. We spent almost 3,000. Never again. Our Dura blend chips, peels and looks disgusting. We will have to buy all new furniture.

2 1 Reply
Dixie

Jan 26, 2015 #936334 Bryant, Arkansas

I too fell for the shpeel about durablend do being " better than leather ". Bought recliner, gave to charity shop 4 months later. Ashley was very testy when asked about this "fabric" and said their salespeople would not tell anyone " duracrap " was better than anything! I also asked what type of animal was a " durablend " as I've always believed leather was the hide off a critter, the Ashley rep then hung up on me. I feel fortunate to have learned this lesson after just one purchase. I've since learned much of their sales are through rent to own outlets.

2 1 Reply
vic

Jan 20, 2015 #933756 Des Plaines, Illinois

I bought a sofa, loveseat, recliner, 2 end tables and a coffee table. I also purchased the extended warranty but my sofa just starting cracking like this and I'm sure they're not going to cover it with the warranty. I have called the warranty company three times and was put on hold for over 30 minutes. They said you can submit a claim online but what joke. You actually have to take pictures of the item close up and submit it with your claim online. These warranties I think are a joke. I doubt if Ashley will take any responsibility. I would definitely shop around before purchasing furniture from them again.

3 1 Reply
KBMoore

Jun 28, 2014 #833322 Tallahassee, Florida

I have a Ashley Durablend living room set that my husband and I purchased about 3 years ago. It is peeling so ridiculously that I am embarrassed to have company over at this point. I just said to my husband today, we are going to have to buy new furniture. I decided to look up the issue to see if anyone else was experiencing something similar. "More durable than leather." Wish I'd known they were lying. Also wish there was an emoticon that showed money being flushed down the toilet...because I'd input it {here}.

10 1 Reply
Grace

Jun 29, 2014 #833805

Yep this all sounds so familiar. Ours started peeling about 14 months after buying it. So frustrating because it's embarrassing for company to look at. This wasn't a cheap purchase by any means and at this point we couldn't even sell it on craigslist for $20! We can't justify buying something new since we bought this one less than 3 years ago! We'd have been better off buying something cheap at least it would be replaceable.

5 0 Reply
Mervin

May 14, 2014 #815389

Please contact me if you would like to join a class action lawsuit! I am collecting people's DuraBlend stories and will provide to my friend who is a class action attorney. These things are junk! DuraBle, yeah right. magrabowski@yahoo.com

7 0 Reply
mhyatt

Jun 24, 2014 #831404 Anaheim, California

I too bought a Durablend love seat and sofa. My less than 2 years and my love seat is peeling all over and looks terrible. I have to cover it with a sheet. I am very disappointed as I though couches were supposed to last more than 2 years. Especially coming from Ashley. I have emailed a complaint to the company and am waiting for a response. I didn't purchase a warranty, but still my couch should last longer than 2 years. It's not like they can't afford to replace it. I know I can't. Very Disappointed!

Dana

Nov 07, 2014 #896746

I'd be interested...

0 0 Reply
serena

Nov 15, 2014 #900644 Phenix City, Alabama

Had same experience couch and loveseat look like its made with trash bags 1500 for it it is ridiculous

Tish

Dec 30, 2014 #923039 Mcminnville, Tennessee

Im interested! I bought my Durabland as well as the insurance (which was a joke)...Salesman told me it would cover anything up to 5 years...holes, stains, normal wear and tear (since this material was very durable we shouldn't have any issues). We have had our furniture about 2 years and its peeling horribly! We spoke to a local furniture store and explained a few things to us. The point where we sit mostly has our body oils and products on them is breaking down the material. Also, i use my laptop on the arm rest and the heat from it causes separation....the air vent is behind my couch...same peeling...crazy! We paid right at $1500 for couch, loveseat and recliner...sick!

Vonnie

Dec 31, 2014 #923558 Aurora, Ontario

I have too bought a Dura Blend couch and after not event two years the couch started peeling. I had to cover it with a couch cover and now it looks horrible. I would like to get a new couch but these things cost money. I thought I was investing in a product that would last. Yeah right!

1-20 of 56 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Ashley Furniture. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Ashley Furniture.
Filing a new complaint about
×