Ashley furniture Dura/blend

Update added by user Nov 27, 2011

correction purchase date 10 24 10

Original review posted by user Nov 13, 2011

On the date of 10/24/11

I purchased a living room set from Ashley Furniture .The set consisted of ,A couch and love seat, 2 end tables ,one soft table.I thought I was buying a quality product

The couch and love seat of made of a material called DURA/BLEND. This material was said to be a leather,synthetic blend. I was told by Ashley that this was more durable then leather,and not as hot in the summer,Also better than leather .I was lead to believe .Well today's date 11/12/11. The couch is peeling every ware you sit .I bought an extended warranty .Guess what the warranty dose not cover PEELING ,What a joke. So now I am stuck with a couch and love seat that s ready for the garbage man.Two of the end tables , paint is coming off.What did they use Water paint ?? As for the local the local ,this is not there fault .I am not blaming them.The local store is forced to buy there furniture from Ashley Warehouse.All of there furniture come from here

Ashley Home Stores, Ltd. | One Ashley Way | Arcadia, WI 54612

The local store was kind enough to offer me 30 percent a new set.The ASHLEY CORPORATION has not helped me ,and I suspect well to continue to run and hide.Any body looking for furniture??

Well maybe you now know, where not to make your purchase.

Johnny L. Droid bionic

Helpful? 89 Yes 89 290 No 290
Had the same issue 44 Yes 44
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Login
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Aug 17 #1020858 Minneapolis, Minnesota

No need to buy new furniture. Just buy a nice throw to cover the peeling. Their furniture is super comfortable. My couch is peeling and we still love it.

0 1 Reply
smart shopper

Jul 26 #1012125

That's what you get for not buying genuine leather. I don't feel sorry for you. Do your homework

0 1 Reply

Jul 02 #1002880

Same thing happened to us. Went to Ashley's Furniture. We bought a Sofa, Love Seat and Chair. All Dura/blend and we were told this is better than leather. Will last longer. We bought the extended warranty. We've had the furniture about 2 years. They came out when the furniture was 1 1/2 old, looked at it and said when did you notice this problem and I said a couple of weeks ago. They said sorry, you need to report this with in 7 days. Warranty no good for you. We spent almost 3,000. Never again. Our Dura blend chips, peels and looks disgusting. We will have to buy all new furniture.

Jan 26 #936334 Bryant, Arkansas

I too fell for the shpeel about durablend do being " better than leather ". Bought recliner, gave to charity shop 4 months later. Ashley was very testy when asked about this "fabric" and said their salespeople would not tell anyone " duracrap " was better than anything! I also asked what type of animal was a " durablend " as I've always believed leather was the hide off a critter, the Ashley rep then hung up on me. I feel fortunate to have learned this lesson after just one purchase. I've since learned much of their sales are through rent to own outlets.

Jan 20 #933756 Des Plaines, Illinois

I bought a sofa, loveseat, recliner, 2 end tables and a coffee table. I also purchased the extended warranty but my sofa just starting cracking like this and I'm sure they're not going to cover it with the warranty. I have called the warranty company three times and was put on hold for over 30 minutes. They said you can submit a claim online but what joke. You actually have to take pictures of the item close up and submit it with your claim online. These warranties I think are a joke. I doubt if Ashley will take any responsibility. I would definitely shop around before purchasing furniture from them again.

Jun 28, 2014 #833322 Tallahassee, Florida

I have a Ashley Durablend living room set that my husband and I purchased about 3 years ago. It is peeling so ridiculously that I am embarrassed to have company over at this point. I just said to my husband today, we are going to have to buy new furniture. I decided to look up the issue to see if anyone else was experiencing something similar. "More durable than leather." Wish I'd known they were lying. Also wish there was an emoticon that showed money being flushed down the toilet...because I'd input it {here}.

7 0 Reply

Jun 29, 2014 #833805

Yep this all sounds so familiar. Ours started peeling about 14 months after buying it. So frustrating because it's embarrassing for company to look at. This wasn't a cheap purchase by any means and at this point we couldn't even sell it on craigslist for $20! We can't justify buying something new since we bought this one less than 3 years ago! We'd have been better off buying something cheap at least it would be replaceable.

3 0 Reply

May 14, 2014 #815389

Please contact me if you would like to join a class action lawsuit! I am collecting people's DuraBlend stories and will provide to my friend who is a class action attorney. These things are junk! DuraBle, yeah right.

5 0 Reply

Jun 24, 2014 #831404 Anaheim, California

I too bought a Durablend love seat and sofa. My less than 2 years and my love seat is peeling all over and looks terrible. I have to cover it with a sheet. I am very disappointed as I though couches were supposed to last more than 2 years. Especially coming from Ashley. I have emailed a complaint to the company and am waiting for a response. I didn't purchase a warranty, but still my couch should last longer than 2 years. It's not like they can't afford to replace it. I know I can't. Very Disappointed!

Nov 07, 2014 #896746

I'd be interested...

Nov 15, 2014 #900644 Phenix City, Alabama

Had same experience couch and loveseat look like its made with trash bags 1500 for it it is ridiculous

Dec 30, 2014 #923039 Mcminnville, Tennessee

Im interested! I bought my Durabland as well as the insurance (which was a joke)...Salesman told me it would cover anything up to 5 years...holes, stains, normal wear and tear (since this material was very durable we shouldn't have any issues). We have had our furniture about 2 years and its peeling horribly! We spoke to a local furniture store and explained a few things to us. The point where we sit mostly has our body oils and products on them is breaking down the material. Also, i use my laptop on the arm rest and the heat from it causes separation....the air vent is behind my couch...same peeling...crazy! We paid right at $1500 for couch, loveseat and recliner...sick!

Dec 31, 2014 #923558 Aurora, Ontario

I have too bought a Dura Blend couch and after not event two years the couch started peeling. I had to cover it with a couch cover and now it looks horrible. I would like to get a new couch but these things cost money. I thought I was investing in a product that would last. Yeah right!

Jul 25 #1011971

Hi Mervin,
Ashley Furniture gave us the run around also about our durablend couches...the warranty we bought was 5 years and ends in November 2015. They refused to replace them saying there's no serial# but they do have our purchase info in the system as proof we bought it from them. Pissed because they refuse to help ,after spending thousands of dollars...customers should not be lied to and treated bad. They make it look like it was our fault when in fact their product is ***!

Aug 12 #1018772

That is interesting, we complained about ours, they asked for the serial number, but the sticker with the serial number is mysteriously missing from both the sofa and love seat. You can even see where a sticker once was and all of the other stickers are still there, makes you wonder.

Aug 25 #1024838

My email

Apr 07, 2014 #803022 Culpeper, Virginia

I bought a love seat and sofa from Ashley and like mentioned above, my cushions are peeling. But besides the cushions everything else looks good no wear or tear. I have a light cream tile and I constantly have to sweep after guest come over because the paint peels sooooo much :-( looking for a new cushions with the similar color

Mar 01, 2014 #790079 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

I guess I am a very fortunate person. I have a DuraBlend blended leather sofa and Love seat with 4 recliner's total the past 3 years now. I don't have any young children. I often thought, this sofa will last forever. My sofa cushions are more firm then most. I know now to be careful with it after reading all your posts. But, I'm looking at it right now. It looks like new. I curl up on it with my down comforter watch TV even sleep on in off and on. The sofa wears like iron. I got it at a discount furniture store...Darro's they have since went out of business. I do believe this sofa will last for many years to come. Perhaps it's not made by Ashly. Warranty information ....Signature Design The warranty on materials only 1 year anyhow. I paid 1,300 for mine. As is product on the floor due to close out sale. I lucked I suppose.

Feb 28, 2014 #789593 Tacoma, Washington

Your fault for being a *** and not understanding the difference between fake leather and top grain. Here's an example of your stupidity. A no-name genuine leather wallet costs upwards of $100. So do you think a real leather couch, which uses 1000+ times the material, would only be $1500? Retarded much? Countless people sit on my couches and ask how can they get theirs to be this soft and supple and I tell them to throw their plastic, because it is a plastic coating, couch in the garbage and spend some real money. I bet they told you clearly that this is a bonded or by-cast leather couch. If you are to poor, which you obviously are if you bought this couch, to afford the $10,000 price tag for a top grain leather or full grain leather couch and the $20-25,000 price tag for the set then buy a fabric couch and stop living in a fantasy world. No one to blame but yourself for being a retard.

0 17 Reply

1-20 of 49 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.