Ashley Furniture is TOXIC
Sectional was delivered 1.5 weeks ago.Since then I have experienced nausea, headaches, muscle pain, respiratory distress, and even skin reaction when being in the same room as the sofa.
The sofa initially had a funny smell, it reminded me of a high school science lab. I looked up "formaldehyde sofa" on google and learned that formaldehyde can be used in flame retardants, upholstery, and engineered wood. I looked up symptoms of exposure to formaldehyde and my symptoms are spot on. When I leave the house everything clears up in about 20 minutes and I feel normal.
When I come home I get sick again and feel muddle brained and weak. When I called Ashley they said "it meets government standards", but I'm not sure how that can be since it is making me so terribly sick. Now we are in a pickle because the couch has no return policy unless it is defective. Ashley said it could be considered defective if it is emitting too many fumes, but how could I ever prove that.
The lady on the phone said "you're just having an allergic reaction- if you have an allergic reaction to a cat it doesn't make the cat defective." But I have NEVER had a reaction to any piece of furniture like this EVER IN MY LIFE!!!
And I actually am allergic to cats and I know what that feels like, itchy eyes, runny nose.This is not like an allergy, this is like a toxic shock to my entire system.115f9ce9 review #344534
You may also like
- "In 2012 my husband and I paid cash for over $7,000 in living room and dinning room furniture from the Ashley store in Jackson Tn. We also purchased a 5..."
- "I bought a bed in December. Its been delivered in 3 shipments & still not assembled. Now I have parts of it on the floor & leaned up..."
- "Purchased the piece of furniture in 2008 in the Jacksonville Florida store. We were told that it would last us a lifetime. We were also told that the extended 5..."
- "I FILED RETURNS WITH JACKSON HEWETT, SINE 2008, GOT MY FIRST TIME HOME BUYERS CREDIT. I FILED A RETURN FOR 2011 AND NEVER GOT IT. WAS THIS THE PRECURSOR..."
- "I have graduated from this school and I have decided to go back and get the pastry chef completed. Perfect attendance 4.0 GPA before I was done I've told Nancy..."
- "I just bought 6 new refills for my wall flowers air freshner plug ins. They do not work, they do not pull up the scent from the glass bottles...My wall..."
- "Received my alternator from partsgeek in a timely fashion. I purchased the lowest cost rebuilt alternator to save on cash and Parts geek had it. I was a..."
- "These people delivered (2) new leather couches 1-1/2 months late in July, 2008. Tore a hole in (1) couch when bringing in to the room. Since then, they have moved..."
- "I ordered 4 month small kitten advantage from Vitasupply and received 4 month medium dog advantage on the 29th. 5 unreturned messages and a number of unresponsive emails later it..."