Ashley Furniture is TOXIC
Sectional was delivered 1.5 weeks ago.Since then I have experienced nausea, headaches, muscle pain, respiratory distress, and even skin reaction when being in the same room as the sofa.
The sofa initially had a funny smell, it reminded me of a high school science lab. I looked up "formaldehyde sofa" on google and learned that formaldehyde can be used in flame retardants, upholstery, and engineered wood. I looked up symptoms of exposure to formaldehyde and my symptoms are spot on. When I leave the house everything clears up in about 20 minutes and I feel normal.
When I come home I get sick again and feel muddle brained and weak. When I called Ashley they said "it meets government standards", but I'm not sure how that can be since it is making me so terribly sick. Now we are in a pickle because the couch has no return policy unless it is defective. Ashley said it could be considered defective if it is emitting too many fumes, but how could I ever prove that.
The lady on the phone said "you're just having an allergic reaction- if you have an allergic reaction to a cat it doesn't make the cat defective." But I have NEVER had a reaction to any piece of furniture like this EVER IN MY LIFE!!!
And I actually am allergic to cats and I know what that feels like, itchy eyes, runny nose.This is not like an allergy, this is like a toxic shock to my entire system.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "Tables are delivered and assembled on April 18 everything at first looked fine. Then when I started cleaning the dusty tables I noticed these black straps on the bottom. No..."
- "I bought this couch in 2013 for my winter condo in Pompano. The couch is hardly in use, as I am here only 2 months a year. The couch has..."
- "Bad experience In Poughkeepsie, Ny Ashley HomeStore. This was our first and last time we will deal with Ashley Furniture ever. We have told friends and family not to Shop..."
- "I run an E-Commerce store targeting US demographic. Surprisingly in January my website got a Manual Penalty from Google (i got an email from Google regarding this) and in an..."
- "These types of operations routinely make unsubstantiated demands. They don't even know if it's the right person or if they even owe money. This office is connected to..."
- "My Name is Maryann I am a real person. I am hear to defend Johnny The Healer! After seeing these horrible lies about Johnny the Healer i had to..."
- "If anyone is out there looking for a way to add a layer of engagement to your wordpress theme that will require users to enter data, email capture, and form,..."
- "Do not order from this sight, their clothing is garbage. Clothing is cheap and poorly made. The skirt I received does not look anything like the picture. All items a..."
- "Testimony Of How I Got Financial Help From firstname.lastname@example.org Hello everyone i could not hold this any longer am overarmed with joy so i am here to testify how i got..."