Ashley Furniture is TOXIC
Sectional was delivered 1.5 weeks ago.Since then I have experienced nausea, headaches, muscle pain, respiratory distress, and even skin reaction when being in the same room as the sofa.
The sofa initially had a funny smell, it reminded me of a high school science lab. I looked up "formaldehyde sofa" on google and learned that formaldehyde can be used in flame retardants, upholstery, and engineered wood. I looked up symptoms of exposure to formaldehyde and my symptoms are spot on. When I leave the house everything clears up in about 20 minutes and I feel normal.
When I come home I get sick again and feel muddle brained and weak. When I called Ashley they said "it meets government standards", but I'm not sure how that can be since it is making me so terribly sick. Now we are in a pickle because the couch has no return policy unless it is defective. Ashley said it could be considered defective if it is emitting too many fumes, but how could I ever prove that.
The lady on the phone said "you're just having an allergic reaction- if you have an allergic reaction to a cat it doesn't make the cat defective." But I have NEVER had a reaction to any piece of furniture like this EVER IN MY LIFE!!!
And I actually am allergic to cats and I know what that feels like, itchy eyes, runny nose.This is not like an allergy, this is like a toxic shock to my entire system.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "My husband and I bought this furniture. We have no kids living at home so we thought we would get a nice set. Well a year and a half later..."
- "We purchased the Sonoma Saddle Leather Sectional from Ashley Furniture on 09/02/2009. It was delivered 09/15/2009. The wedge had a "pick" or hole in the leather. On 09/19/2009 one of..."
- "Purchased a table four chairs and a bench from this store on Monday May 25th. The furniture was delivered today Thursday the 28th of May. The pedestal legs are wobble..."
- "It's been one year that I moved in 24 central ave, Ridgefield park, NJ 07660. And I received regularly crumpled letters in my mail box. I never submitted a complain..."
- "I've been a member at Retro for years and have signed up my family members to..I Went to the Retro in Woodbridge cause I was in the area and unknown..."
- "I run an E-Commerce store targeting US demographic. Surprisingly in January my website got a Manual Penalty from Google (i got an email from Google regarding this) and in an..."
- "I took our new 2016 keystone bullet on its first trip and it was great up to the point I went to empty the grey water and saw water dripping..."
- "I bought a TV BOX for Miracast function, It was confirmed twice with the company, whether the products supports miracast, and was told that it supports miracast and already written..."
- "One of our two 2014 Silverado pickups with 6.0 gas engine spun a ros bearing at 27000 miles and ruined engine. without removing a single bolt to see what..."