Ashley Furniture - Leather Couch Smells Terrible -- Causing nausea

We just purchased a leather sofa sectional from Ashley Furniture and cannot tell you how disappointed we are.First they delievered the wrong sectional pieces, then said we had to wait a month to get the right pieces (I even drew a floor plan so the sales man could see where the pieces would go) and now, we are dealing with this smell that is causing nausea and headaches.

I have no idea what the smell is, or why it is so strong, but I feel like it is something they put on the couch to perserve it. I have never, ever experienced a smell this strong with any couches I have purchased in the past -- nor have any of my family members.

We spent nearly 3,000 on the sectional and now can't enjoy it without feeling miserable.I wish wish wish I never went to Ashely!

More Review Details

Furniture and Decor
Review rating
4 out of 5
review #469115

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Ashley Furniture? Submit review ›
Helpful? 3 Yes 3 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jun 29, 2014 #833621 Newark, New Jersey

This is amazing! Dont new clothes smell>doesnt a new car smell....

Jan 26, 2014 #778419 Camanche, Iowa

use febreeze. wipe it down. it is off gassing

Jan 07, 2014 #769654 Winter Park, Florida

I have been repairing furniture for 17 years inside customers homes approximately 5 or 6 times a year i get a call about smelly furniture its always the same situation the customers home either has a different smell or down right stinks,it takes time for your new furniture to smell like the rest of your home :p

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.