Ashley Furniture - Leather Couch Smells Terrible -- Causing nausea

We just purchased a leather sofa sectional from Ashley Furniture and cannot tell you how disappointed we are.First they delievered the wrong sectional pieces, then said we had to wait a month to get the right pieces (I even drew a floor plan so the sales man could see where the pieces would go) and now, we are dealing with this smell that is causing nausea and headaches.

I have no idea what the smell is, or why it is so strong, but I feel like it is something they put on the couch to perserve it. I have never, ever experienced a smell this strong with any couches I have purchased in the past -- nor have any of my family members.

We spent nearly 3,000 on the sectional and now can't enjoy it without feeling miserable.I wish wish wish I never went to Ashely!

review #469115
0 3 Helpful?
Had the same issue0 Comments3
Had an experience with Ashley Furniture?  Submit review about this company
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Login
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
annie

Jun 29, 2014 #833621 Newark, New Jersey

This is amazing! Dont new clothes smell>doesnt a new car smell....

asthmalady

Jan 26, 2014 #778419 Camanche, Iowa

use febreeze. wipe it down. it is off gassing

urrepairman

Jan 07, 2014 #769654 Winter Park, Florida

I have been repairing furniture for 17 years inside customers homes approximately 5 or 6 times a year i get a call about smelly furniture its always the same situation the customers home either has a different smell or down right stinks,it takes time for your new furniture to smell like the rest of your home :p

0 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Ashley Furniture.
Filing a new complaint about
×