Ashley Furniture - Not made in USA

Aug 10, 2010

Ashley furniture advertises that their furniture is made in USA.This is not true.

In fact their furniture is made in China then shipped to USA. Shipped to a warehouse then assembled. But the woods, and fabrics are from China not USA. This furniture is made so poorly.Staples sticking out, glue ozzing out.

Legs snapping off.You could not give me this furniture for free. The company should be ashamed of them selfs. The company also treats there employees like ***. I had a friend that worked for the company at a store level.This person worked hard,worked over time when needed, never late, never written up.

Never a Thank you, a bonis or even a raise after being employeed for nearly 3 years.This person could not take the negitave admisfier and left.

603ecde
Review #193215
0.9
I had the same issue 6
Had an experience with Ashley Furniture?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
CAPTCHA
tkdavid

Feb 08 Haslet, Texas

I was lied too by ashley furniture & they will here about it tomorrow. I was told that their furniture was made in Wisconsin. This was a bold face lie & I will be contacting the BBB about truth in advertising. I made a 80 mile round trip to pick up this furniture and when I got it back home, there it was in big bold letters as if they were proud of it "Made In China". This is unacceptable, I'm an American Veteran & I support American Companies & I will use every means possible to let people know that these people are liars & crooks!

Sandra Kelly

Dec 29, 2013

I am glad to see that you are checking to see where your furniture is made and searching for USA products. It is my goal to buy as frequently as possible from USA companies. The deception with Ashley Furniture is they ARE an American based company and started out many years ago buying and selling USA products but now their largest manufacturing companies are in the Pacific Rim - China. I am also looking for USA made furniture and have found that the Furniture Mart stores in New Orleans, LA have a large selection of furniture that was made in Pontotoc, MS. I will be making most of my furniture purchases from them for now.

Support america

Jul 11, 2013 San Francisco, California

I bought an Ashley bed. Huge queen four post. And it was ok for a little bit. Then it all went down hill.. The brackets stripped themselves out... Though the rails still "hang" on the foot and headboard, the whole bed rocks, the posts look like fancy wood but they screw onto the head and foot boards, wood was weak. Barely taught and they still stripped out... CAlled the concord store, and lazy Robert ( bob) couldn't order brackets without me bringing in a picture... When they stated they could order them from an emailed picture.. I can take dimensions if need be but they don't even know their products.. The corporate office is just a big of a joke.. They are all idiots and their furniture is infant manufactured in china and shipped over for assembly.will never by this cheap overpriced *** again. Spread the word.

Josie

Dec 22, 2012 Halifax, Nova Scotia

I went into a furniture store to buy a sofa & coffee tables..I always ask where it is made, I will not buy from China..was about to buy an Ashley coffee table & end tables at a big price tag,,,when I ask where is it manufactured, now I know Ashley is an American company, but I found out alot of their products are manufactured in China.SO needless to say I walked away without buying the product!!! There is no way I am helping to power a Communist country with Nuclear capacity with no regard for human rights! A country that supports leadership in countries like Syria & North Korea. China is fast becoming a super power because we are supporting their economy by buying their products!! I do believe there is alot of potential for trouble in the future with China. There is NO WAY I am supporting that country with my hard earned dollars!!!!!

Brandi

Oct 13, 2012

My bed arrived with splinteted wood and bent drawer rails and rather than simply re-order the broken pieces, I have to wait until Monday to schedule an appointment with a technician so they can tell me my bed is broken. Never shopping there again!

Mansfred

Aug 01, 2012

Did you know that Rick Gorka is the Quality Ops director for thsi company and that he is also Mitt Romney's campaign skokesperson? Yeah, the same guy who told the reporters in Poland durning a Rmoney visit to "shove it".

Bridget Stone

May 16, 2012

I purchased a trundle bed for my granddaughter. I was shocked by the quality. It didn't fit together correctly and the support for the main bed was 5 one inch slats. One jump on the bed and it would break. We had to build our own support

Bridget Stone

May 16, 2012

Phobia

May 05, 2012

You guys must be morons if you think big corporations make there product in the US. A lot of the items are assembled here.

sar

Jun 03, 2013

there are a few companies that do make THEIR (not there, you must be a ***) products in the U.S.A. I give these consumers credit for checking to see where items are made, not cut them down....

repairman

May 01, 2012

I have been working on furniture for many years now. One thing that I have noticed is that most companies quality has gone down hill. American made or not. I cannot blame them. They have to make money. The fabric and mechanisms differ by company, but most things now are all staples and plywood. At least at the lower price points. I totally agree with "you get what you pay for" its a 3-5 year life span on Most upholstery now a days. The days of "we had our last sofa 15 years and it still looks great" are gone! There are some very good American made companies out there, but you are not going to get them at the same price you can buy ashley for.

Matt

Apr 05, 2012

Ashley Upholstry is US made. Wood products are mostly imported (laminated stuff is domestic). Ashley is among the lowest price stuff on my floor but I haven't found anybody who makes anything better at their price point. It is the old addage, "you get what you paid for." There is plenty of better furniture out there, but you'll pay more too.

Mike Schooley

Feb 29, 2012

junk,Junk, Junk I will neve buy anything from Ashley the past experience all cheap furniture Made In China. Americans Buy U,S,A.

judy

Dec 24, 2011

I bought a sofa and loveseat made by Ashley......the legs fell off upon delivery....and after two weeks the cushions compressed...therefore I was sitting on springs.....the store credited the costs....and I am waiting for delivery today for my new, made in USA couch and loveseat.....Ashley products are cheap and inferior....buyer beware....

Lou

Nov 30, 2011

I just had 3 pieces of Ashley Furniture delivered, i purchased from an Ashley authorized reseller and 3 boxes had Made In China stamped on the boxes. So definitely not made in USA. Maybe some stuff is, but not the TV console, end tables and coffee table i purchased.

JC

Nov 17, 2011

I bought a reclining couch and loveseat. It's not even 3 years old and it's so uncomfortable! Ashley is total junk! The only reason this product survives is their financing. That's how we got lured in. The padding on the footrest is flattened and our calves are resting on solid wood. The metal under the footrest broke away. A seam came apart with the first year. They did send someone out to repair it. But it continues to come apart. If you are going to buy furniture from Ashley, make sure you buy all the warranties you can. You'll need it.

JC

Nov 17, 2011

ken scott

Nov 09, 2011

I can relate.Bought a $1200 desk from furniture fair,cincinnati. Did not think to check on where it was made, as i thought ashley was USA. Got it home only to find made in china stamped on it.I was extremly dissapointed to think ihad spent that much money on someting made in china.really should have taken it back but reloading it and returning it just was too much trouble. Lesson learned!Iwill always find out where something is made when making a major purchase in the future.

joel

Sep 05, 2011

i think toot is the one being paid and is misinformed. i bought ashley furniture and have never seen anything crafted so poorly.
mar is right on the money,i had to install wood and supports so the sleeper sofa did not fall on the floor!Junk junk junk!
I would never buy another thing from Ashley!

Showing 1-20 of 22 comments

×
You were reading a complaint about Ashley Furniture.
Filing a new complaint about
×