Peeling Leather Sofa from Ashley Furniture

Issue not resolved

We purchased a leather sofa and love seat from Ashley Furniture,Springdale, OH in November 2008.I have paid around $1000 for these.It has not been 3 years since our purchase and the leather has started peeling off.

We called up the customer service and were told that the warranty has expired and hence they cannot do anything about it.They told that I need to get it repaired at my own cost. When we bought the furniture, we selected Ashley because they claim to have excellent quality.

They were not even bothered about getting it repaired even when I told that I would take care of the repair costs.I must say that their quality is worse and I would not recommend anyone to buy furniture from their store.I have never seen a good quality leather sofa getting ripped off within 3 years of purchase.It is really frustrating!

106995e0 review #261630
7 40 Helpful?
Had the same issue36 Comments21 Report
Had an experience with Ashley Furniture?  Submit review about this company
Jo

Dec 17, 2014

Same with mine and it's only been a year!!
I am so disappointed!

pissedthefukoff

Dec 16, 2014 Mountain View, California

From what i see in one of the photos thats damage that was obviously done by tge owner of the funiture. That one spot is obviously a slash from a sharp edged object. How is that the furniture companys fault?

2 2 Reply
p.o.s durablend

Jan 31 Atlanta, Georgia

I have the what looks to be the same couch, in a room that is hardly used. Our couch is worse than this and is app. 4 years old! Will never by from Ashley again!

Oct 11, 2014

I agree with you about having horrible quality!!! And the WORST customer service I've ever seen!

Frankie B

Oct 05, 2014 Grand Rapids, Michigan

Its your fault for only spending 1k on a leather couch. of course its not made of real genuine leather! What did you expect to happen in a few years?

4 1 Reply
Realist

Nov 17, 2014 Raleigh, North Carolina

Correction: she paid $1000 for the couch AND love seat. I love it when people buy cheap *** and expect it to last forever. I buy cheap furniture because I have kids and I know that whatever I buy will be stained and very worn within a few years, so I don't need or expect it to last a long time. But when my parenting sentence is finally up, I will buy furniture that is made to last. And I know there's no way that a one-thousand-dollar set of ANY kind will suit my needs when that time comes.

3 1 Reply
Pessimist

Nov 26, 2014 Little Rock, Arkansas

Yall have got so used to being charged *** amounts for things, that you have begun to believe that paying ridiculous sums for furniture is the only way? a 100sq foot of actual cowhide's somewhere in the range of 250USD (retail). The only reason ppl are willing to pay 1000s more for real leather is the bragging rights which is what companies bank on. This kind of bad quality IS a ripoff and only justified because ppl condone it.

0 2 Reply
Cali

Feb 13, 2014

We have the exact couch and the exact problem, only our peeling areas are a lot worse. Wish there was a way to repair it but now we're going to have to figure out how to get rid of it. Never buying from Ashley again.

3 0 Reply
Fake Leather

Feb 11, 2014

My Ashley POS couch lasted about a year and a half...had to pay someone to haul it away. Screw Ashley.

Heather J

Jul 01, 2013 Joelton, Tennessee

This is happening to our sofa and loveseat...it's so gross, like little pieces of skin falling off of it. I called customer service and was told I obviously kept the couch over a heat register and didn't take care of it like I was supposed to. Very very rude! We will never buy from Ashley again! :(

ysl

Dec 28, 2012 Glendale, California

has anyone gotten any help on this matter? Mine just started peeling after exactly 3 years! so annoying!

Scammed Customer

Nov 22, 2012

Yep, our Ashley sofa and love seats are falling apart too. Had other furniture recovered at the exact same time we purchased the Ashley couches. Our other sofa and chair look like new....Ashley *** is peeling, peeling, peeling!!!

Deb, Grand Junction, Co store

Sep 27, 2012

We bought 3 pieces of leather furniture during their sale. Big mistake! Even though it was a good price, furniture should last longer then 3 yrs. I am ready to put a free sign on it at the end of my drive or have the junk man haul it away. The color has come off with a lot of cracking. Spend the extra to get better quality. I might buy a lamp or rug from them but no more furniture. Very disappointed.

Dan

Sep 22, 2012

Same here bought recliner and sectional just over a year (leather) is peeling they just give your a runaround I have heard if you go to small claims court you get some action!

HERE COME THE JUDGE

0 1 Reply
Tiffany

Apr 18, 2012

I bought a leather sectional sofa from Ashley approx 2 years ago, even bought the extended warranty. About 4 months ago the leather started cracking. I filed a claim with the warranty company (Ashley doesn't do their own warranty claims) and after several rounds with them the claim was denied. I was told this is normal wear and tear. Won't ever buy from Ashley again.

1 2 Reply
Karl

Mar 17, 2012

Same with me

Tony

Oct 26, 2011

Durablend is polyurethane for your information. There is chunks of leather on the back side. Allows them to call it "blended leather."

Jean

Oct 25, 2011

We purchased our "Leather" sofa & loveseat in 2009 and the same thing is happening, the arm rest on the sofa is peeling. I submitted pictures to the complaint department. I'll let you know what the result is. I don't want money, I want this repaired.

Braden

Oct 17, 2011

Same thing with my leather recliner. It's part of a set with sofa & loveseat and they are fine. We did nothing different with the recliner and yet it looks like ***. My whole room was decorated based on this furniture - paint, carpet, wood blinds, etc. One piece now looks like *** and ruins the whole scheme.

JR

Oct 05, 2011

It has happened to my sectioal also.Spent a grand last year on Durablend cafe colored.It's now ***. I don't have dogs or kids, but still pealed.
Material Leather
Color CafeDimensions

Product Description
DuraBlend/Match upholstery features DuraBlend upholstery in the seating areas with skillfully matched Polyurethane everywhere else. The rich contemporary design of the "DuraBlend-Café" upholstery collection features a stylishly curved design with warm finished tapered block feet that create a refreshing look that is sure to enhance any living room decor. With the plush pillow top arms and supportive seating and back cushioning, this furniture collection adds a deep comfort perfect for any living environment. Create the living room you have been dreaming about with the inviting comfort of the "DuraBlend-Café" upholstery collection.

1-20 of 21 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.