Saint Louis, Missouri
3.1

*** CUSTOMER SERVICE ALERT: On 1/5/15 I purchased over $5000 worth of furniture from Ashley Furniture HomeStore St. Louis in South County for my business offices in St. Louis City, consisting of 2 couches, 2 arm chairs, 4 end tables, 1 coffee table, 1 sofa table, 1 area rug, and 8 padded kitchen chairs to be used in our waiting room. I was told at that time that it would be the last week of January before deliveries could be made because of something about factory wait time. The week of 1/30/15, I had to go through the rigmarole with their automated system making phone calls to confirm service delivery dates/times -- it calls you, and when you call back, you wait on hold for literally 20 minutes each time (even when you return the call immediately after receiving a message). In fact, one night I waited 25 minutes and finally hung up because I had several back to back appointments to tend to. When I came out of them and called them back around 8:15pm, they were closed.

After finally getting through the following day and confirming delivery date/time, I received a second message just 1 day before delivery advising me that 3 of the 8 waiting room chairs would not be delivered because they simply did not have them, and there was no ETA on their arrival. This is a major inconvenience for my business because, in addition to actually having to schedule with them all over again, in preparation for delivery of new items, our waiting room was vacated of the furniture that previously occupied it, so we have been shy of a full waiting room suite since that point.

A few days after the initial delivery, I went through the automated service issue again twice: first to schedule a delivery date over which I had no control, unless I wanted to move it backward (i.e., even though they called on 2/2/15, they couldn't deliver my remaining 3 chairs for over 1 full week until 2/11/15 between 9am-12pm) -- and second to confirm that date/time. I waited on hold 3 times again (once hanging up) for literally 20 minutes each time, ultimately just to speak with a representative for what amounted to a 30 second conversation where I said, "Yes, that date/time still works."

On 2/10/15, again 1 day before delivery, I received a phone call from Ashley advising that although all 3 chairs had come in for delivery, 1 of them was damaged, so they would only be delivering 2. SHEESH.

To make matters very much worse, this morning, on 2/11/15, at 8:14am, I received an automated phone call from Ashley which I answered, which advised that my furniture was to be delivered in 10 minutes (which would've been 8:24am). Because I had arranged my schedule that day to be at the office by 9am, I was not yet there and/or ready to fly right out the door, so when the actual delivery man ("Wayne") called 8 minutes later (8:22am) asking afresh for my address and confirming identifying features of the building (they were right outside), I said, "I'm not there yet, however, and you're not supposed to be either. You're supposed to be there at 9am, and I will be be there by then as well. Actually, I'll be there in the next 10 minutes or so." He said, "Okay, no problem," and we hung up.

At 8:35am on the dot, I pulled up to my building and the delivery truck is nowhere in sight. I called Wayne's cell phone twice -- once at 8:35a (and left a message) and once at 8:49a (and did not leave a message). It's now after 9am and I have customers coming shortly, still don't have the chairs, and haven't heard from them.

Long story short -- every time this stuff happens, it causes a fairly major inconvenience for me and my business. And all of that to say -- even if "Wayne" shows up today to deliver, I still won't be finished dealing with them, because I'll have to go through this entire process again for one lousy chair, which will end up getting delivered to me over a month and a half after I bought it. If this is the customer experience you'd like to have, I encourage you to buy furniture from Ashley.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ashley Furniture Table.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Comments