I have purchased from Ashley for over 15 years and over 10K in purchases , so when it came to buy a new bedroom set and mattress, I knew where to go. After spending some time from laying on one bed and another we were able to find just the right bed for us.

We picked out the suite and showed the clerk which mattress we wanted. We specifically asked if the mattress was good to put on the bed frame we picked out which was a platform with drawers and the clerk said it would be no problem. We sampled the queen size mattress but purchased a king. I had no idea that there would be such a difference.

We set the purchase up and it was delivered. We showed the delivery men where the bed was going. After a half hour we peeked into the room to see how far they were done. Sadly, they had the wrong bed and it was already up.

They had to take it apart and get the right one. So finally when they left we were so excited. It looked great. Then came the sadness.

We wake up with back and shoulder pain. If we even try to sleep close to each other, we fall into this pit. 6' 190 pounds and 5'4 160 pound people should not be causing a sinking pit in a new mattress. I called the store and talked to a manager and asked if I could pick out a different mattress.

He said that the mattress we picked out doesn't qualify for the restful sleep guarantee. That right there let me know that this was not a good mattress. I called a second time and spoke to another manager and he said that they would send out a tech to measure the sinking pit and if it wasn't more then an inch and a half there was nothing they were going to do. Remember this is a 1 month old mattress.

We set up an appointment and waited for the tech. The tech couldn't find our house so didn't come. So now I'm STUCK with a king size bed that the only way you can get any rest is to get as far over to the edge of each side. Our spooning days are gone.

I do sleep on the couch alot.

I also had written to the corporate office and didn't get any response from them.

Ashley Furniture - you have lost a customer and I hope that anyone that needs a mattress reads this before buying. I recommend going to the many other mattress retailers that offer a 100 sleep test on ALL their matresses.

Product or Service Mentioned: Mattress.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jun 15.

Comments