Ashley Furniture Reviews

Show reviews that mention
furniture customer service store customer service delivery ashley money manager order
Filter review

Ashely diningroom table cracked

I bought an Ashley country dining room table and 6chairs from JR furniture 1month ago. The table was missing some stain, so a technician came out and fixed it within a week. Then a week later the table developed a crack and the finish started peeling off. Again I called JR furniture and said I wanted a new table. They said they would send out the technician. A week later I still hadn't heard anything , so I called again and spoke to the sales person who sold me that table. No problem....we'll order a new table for you. Then 3days later the manager called an said ..no..they have to send a technician out to evaluate the table. The technician came and 'fixed' the table. Needless to say it is not fixed to my satisfaction and now we have noticed that the table does not come together tightly in the middle.The wood has obviously expanded. I'm still fighting with JR furniture for a replacement table.

If you signed anything when the table was delivered, they have you. The HomeStores are horrible at customer service.

They are so huge that one customer complaint won't be a big deal to them. Small town stores are the way to go when buying this stuff.

If you can find one, they are way better then the HomeStores, they bend over backwards to help the customer. And besides, their prices aren't really all that different from the HomeStores, do some price comparing, you just might be surprised.

The HomeStores and authorized dealers that sell Ashley Furniture are independently owned and operated. We request that you consider contacting the store directly for assistance, if you are unable to get assistance from the store, please feel free to contact the Ashley Furniture Consumer Affairs Department, so we can assist you by contacting the store on your behalf.

Our contact information is as follows:Email: consumeraffairs@***.comFax: 1-60*-***-****Phone: 1-80*-***-****, ext. 5013Mail: Ashley Furniture Industries, Inc.

Attn: Consumer Affairs One Ashley Way Arcadia, WI 54612You may also consider visiting our website, www.ashleyfurniture.com. Click on “Contact Us” at the bottom of the homepage.We are here to help!

Vancouver, British Columbia
Ashley Furniture Table

ASHLEY FURNITURE= TERRIBLE FURNITURE AND TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE

I was a happy customer until my latest purchase of a Allison Hall bedroom set. We purchased the matching Armoire and the first one was USED and bought at NEW FURNITURE PRICE so that one went back, they have delivered 3 more since then and all are JUNK!!!! I now have a broken Armoire in my bedroom waiting to hear from Ashley to schedule another delivery of more JUNK. I called them to see when another piece was going to be delivered. The lady i spoke with was like we can come Tuesday, i explained to her this was the 4th piece and i worked during the week and could only do a Saturday delivery so now i have to wait another week. When u tell them the complaints its like they know they sell JUNK FURNITURE AT EXPENSIVE PRICES. I am very disappointed with the quality since 4 Armoire's that were brought for delivery were JUNK. I could have went to Big Lots and got the same quality of furniture and saved ALOT, sad to say but probably better quality!!! ASHLEY FURNITURE ***!!!

Tammy i have contacted several people in reference to this matter and everyone has the same attitude at your company,NOONE CARES!!!! but i will eventually get a decent looking armoire and chalk it up, but you better belive my husband and I both have jobs were we interact with ALOT of people on a daily basis and when furniture is mention WE ARE THE FIRST ONES TO ADD OUR COMMENTS ON WHERE NOT TO GO!!!! and to guy 900.00 for a Armoire to me and alot of other hardworking americans is ALOT OF MONEY,and I am not a *** i do know how expensive Armoires can get!!!!!!

Apparently the store you went to are idiots if they are delivering the pieces to you in bad shape. The stuff should be looked at before it even gets into your home.

It should never have been delivered to you in the first place.

The prices for Ashley furniture have never been "expensive" So if you think paying $799 or somewhere in that price range is too expensive, go look at other stores and you will see how much these armoires can really be priced at. Ashley Furniture is PROMOTIONAL FURNITURE!!!!!

View more comments (2)
Athens, Georgia

Credit Card through Ashley Furniture Retail

I made a purchase from Ashley Furniture but ended up returning it on paper the very next day as this was not what my wife wanted. 1 1/2 years later I got a notice that my citi credit card had been charged with over $2500 which was the return. I caled them and told them it was a mistake and I had to file a dispute. Come to findout they had actually delivered 2 pcs. of the canceled order and my under age daughter had signed for it but I talked to the driver and it was returned. Now they are ruining my credit over merchandise I never got because the driver siad there was no problem and took the order back. They are now after 2 years trying to collect $1652 from me and ruining my credit over stuff I never got.
Goodlettsville, Tennessee
Loss

No straight answers, do they think were ***

i purchased a bed and mattress set from ashley furniture on april 2 2008. i was told it would be delivered in two weeks. well two weeks later i called them only to be told it will be instead of two weeks, two months. customer service was very rude and the store of purchase did not seem to realize there was a problem or anything else for that matter. the store manager and sales ***. had different information and the customer service person told me something else. i would not recommend buying anything from ashley furniture, i wont be. mad in mississippi.

We are here to help!

hi i know what you mean i would not refer anyone to ashley. i had the same experience with them , it took over 3 months to get my stuff, and i was told 2-3 weeks

Southaven, Mississippi
Ashley Furniture Bed

Ashley Furniture

We purchased a brand new loveseat and sofa with recliners on them both. They are supposed to be leather but they're not! The loveseat arrived with a rub (burn) mark, I refused a repair and demanded a replacement! The couch has very weak fabric and the slightest pressure causes damage. I have had my furniture less than a week and I am ready to give it back! I had looked for a certain style, color, material, and comfort for my new furniture and thought I had found it with Ashley furniture but I am ready to send it back. I had my old couch and loveseat, black leather sofa and loveseat, from Rooms To Go, and they lasted for years. It is sad that a more expensive company makes cheaper furniture than a generic, low budget store. Stay away from Ashley furniture if you're looking for quality!

Stone Mountain, Georgia

Bought warrenty service plan...fixed 2 times...still broke

We bought LANE reclining sofa and matching loveseat @ Ashley Store w/ the 5 yr. extended warrenty. Came ripped on back of sofa...took them 1 yr. to come fix it only after reclining mech. failed....then 6 mo. later had to fix again. After 3 mo. of numerous phone calls they have agreed to give us STORE credit for new matching set. Only thing is...I can't find nor do I want another set from Ashley....now what do I do? I have a 1 1/2 yr. old set that is lopsided and looks like ***...out $2,500

The HomeStores and authorized dealers that sell Ashley Furniture are independently owned and operated. If a Lane product was purchased, you will need to either contact the original place of purchase or the Lane company.

Reston, Virginia
Ashley Furniture Sofa

Ashley furniture save your money stay AWAY!

Purchased a sectional in 3/07 by 3/08 part of the recliner is broken, called in on the extended warrenty they declined stated still under manufacture warrenty, called ASHLEY customer service reps are rude, ignorant and place you on hold for ever.........they dont want to fix the couch stating couch under extended warrenty......we almost bought a whole house full of their furniture....we didn't!!!! Dont waste you hard earrned $$$$$. Better to pay more with a better brand than deal with thieves.......now they are refusing to fix the couch.......These people are horrible to deal with...
Bradenton, Florida
Ashley Furniture Recliner

Replacement table finally arrived— broken!

Five months ago we ordered a Merlot lift-top table from Ashley Furniture in Evansville, Indiana. I got home just after the delivery guys left. When I moved the table, it came apart. Upon examination of the table, I discovered the wheels one the bottom of the table are attached to the bottom shelf, not to the main supports. This puts the whole weight of the table on the tiny wood screws connecting the shelf to the supports rather than on the supports themselves. The small wood screws had ripped free of the shelf, and with this lateral support gone, the cam bolts let go the first time the table was moved. During the examination, I also noticed one of the caster wheels was broken. Today, the replacement table arrived. Remembering the caster wheel, I turned the table over onto its front to examine these wheels, and I found the bottom shelf had separated from the main supports in the same manner as the first table. Luckily I found this while the delivery guys were standing right there, so there was no question of the damage occurring after delivery. I told the delivery guys that since this was obviously a design flaw, any identical replacement would also be flawed, and therefore I would really rather have a refund than another replacement. They said they understood and made a call to their warehouse manager. Meanwhile I called the local customer service number. I explained to "Courtney" what happened, she took down my information and asked that I let the warehouse manager call me back. I agreed. About 30 seconds later I got his call. He asked if I wouldn't be willing to "try one more time" and I said no, I would rather have my money back. He asked if I would like to go through the showroom and pick out a different table altogether — again I said no. He was understanding and told me "Paige" would handle the refund process for me. I have to say, the table was beautiful in the showroom and I had hopes that the first table was just an unfortunate fluke. Now I have to hope the refund process goes smoothly.

I see where you are both coming from. On the one hand they should have got it right on the second attempt.

On the other hand I work for an ashleys in florida and the ashley policy is absolutely no returns. They inspect it before leaving the warehouse, you inspect it in your house and then you sign for it. My store would have made you keep the table. But they got a new one for you and gave you your money back when you signed an agreement saying you couldn't have your money back.

(trust me you did) I think you are a little out of line.

Not everyone is perfect and they went out of there way for you. Buisness or not, they tried to satisfy you and when they couldn't they let you walk out of you legally binding agreement.

Dan C. — You are obviously referring to yourself when you say "pathetic loser".

My complaints are valid. The first table arrived busted; I was not home at the time, and my wife did not inspect it closely. An unacceptable amount of time elapsed before the replacement table arrived, and it, too, was broken. Had I not discovered the damage immediately, I would have had to endure another round of waiting for replacement / repair.

The fact I did indeed get my money returned does not change the fact that both tables were ***. Regardless of how I may have been treated, *** merchandise warrants a complaint.

Lets get this straight. You had a damaged table, they ordered you a new one.

After that one was broken they gave you your money back and you are on the internet complaining about them??? What a pathetic loser.

I can't believe some people. Yeah, you were treated so poorly.

KL —

I can't imagine anyone charging a restocking fee for a broken item.

I once asked an electronics store rep if there was a restocking fee if I returned an item that didn't work, and he said they only charge restocking fees on items that are rented.

I said I was unaware they rented items at this store.

He smiled and said some people buy an item on Thursday, use it for the weekend, then return it Monday. This usually happened to items like camcorders, VCRs, and entertainment systems.

JM You are very lucky!!! For me I was charged a 30% restocking fee.

And then was told I could use the fee towards the purchase of another item in the store. This after going to the store two days in a row to speak with a manager.

I checked my credit card activity online yesterday and there is a $240 credit to my account from Ashley Furniture — my refund, including tax.

So unless something else happens it appears my saga ends here.

View more comments (5)
Evansville, Indiana

I Will Never Buy Anything From Ashley Furniture

I ordered two bedroom sets from ashley furniture in february and in recieved the two..but without my headboard because it was damaged at the warehouse and it is now April and i still havent recieved my headboard it was suppose to delivered on 04/09/08 between the hours of 930 and 1230 but they called and said it was damaged again..i will never order anything from these people again....i thought because you hear their names so much and see them advertised on the television..You would of thought that they were some trustworthy people..but i see now and this is just ridiculous forreal..
Syracuse, New York

Livingroom furniture falling apart-under 1 year

I purchased full livingroom furniture and had a broken frame on my sofa months later.Two years later my sofa and loveseat frames are both broken & Ashley will cover parts only!If a company can't make sturdy furnitue they should not be allowed to sell as if you are buying a good, reliable product.They are getting away with ripping people of.At least they should be made to stand by their products.Both sofa and loveseat are on the *** of falling apart and I spent over $3000 getting this.Worse yet the 1st six months it wasn't used as I was having work done on my house.I don't recommend this company.

I wish I had seen this before we bought our sofa last year. Our frame is broken and the sofa is completely falling apart. Sucks to know we aren't likely go get any help from the company.

The HomeStores and authorized dealers that sell Ashley Furniture are independently owned and operated. All warranties are handled on the retail level.

Syracuse, New York
Ashley Furniture Sofa

Ashley Home Furniture mislead us!

Less than a year ago, my husband and I went to the local Ashley Home Furniture Store searching for new couches for our living room. We shared with our sales associate that we were planning to get a puppy in the next month and wanted to be sure that our furniture would stand up to the potential challenges presented by our new puppy. We were assured that leather would stand up to our puppy and that if our puppy, or any animal, for that matter damaged our furniture, it would be either mended or fully replaced within a year of sale. Armed with this "expert" advice, we purchased the more expensive leather couches and a five year warranty. Unfortunately, this weekend our cats (not our puppy) damaged our couches. We went to the store to discuss it and were told that we must have "misunderstood" the policy and that they were sorry. We were further "reassured" by the manager that our saleswoman would not have misrepresented this policy for the meager $129.00 that our sale provided her. Now, I fully admit that I am a "half full" kind of person and may hear what I want, but my husband has never been accused of this. He does not buy with his heart and is extremely rational. There is absolutely no way that we both "misheard" or "misunderstood" the line that was being fed to us. We are very disappointed and feel taken advantage of. We did not enter into this substantial purchase lightly. We spent over $2,000 in their store. We certainly will not be patronizing their store again and we will make sure to share our story with all our friends and family.

Due to the fact that the person who submitted this post on this site did not use their real name, Ashley Furniture Industries, Inc has no way of knowing if this consumer actually contacted AFI for assistance. Therefore, if we do not hear from a consumer, we are unable to assist.

Fairfield, California
Service
Ashley Furniture Sales Manager

Are You Kidding Me!!!!

I purchased a sofa, 2 chairs, coffee table, and 2 end tables from ASHLEY FURNITURE. The delivery guys brought in the coffee, and end tables first. All 3 tables WOBBLED with the touch of a finger!!! The delivery guy disasembled my "brand new" tables right in front of me. The screws/bolts had all been stripped. A report was sent to customer service on the spot... no one called me after 1.5wks. I called them! A "tech" came out, and the report was that they would NOT REPLACE the tables.... but only patch them with new legs!!!! I WILL NEVER BUY FROM THEM AGAIN!!!!

Did you ever think about tightening the legs, Bam! problem solved.

#19273

I am deeply grieved that I trusted that Ashley Furniture Store. My couch is terrible.

The leather is flawed, my floor has been scratched due to the poor workmanship and the couch squeeks. I have called customer service several times. The rep came out with no results. The couch is extremely uncomfortable.

This has been a nightmare.

I hate Ashley Furniture and will never ever purchase anything from them again. They are crooks!

Did they tell you that you have seven days to bring the furniture back when they delivered it, or when you bought it? I currently work at a Ashley Homestore, and while I'm not saying that you, or Ashley was wrong, there are things you can do to avoid problems like this.

Like Tengotodo said, inspect the furniture while the delivery guy is there. If they leave, and then you notice a problem, call imediatly. Otherwise, company policy, you may be too late to bring it back. If this was the first, and last time you deal with Ashley, then that's unfortunate.

Though all furniture companies have this same problem.

Not everything comes perfectly. There are problems with some things.

If you or someone you know are in need of additional assistance, please feel free to contact our Consumer Affairs department; we would be happy to contact the store on your behalf.

We are here to help!

I heard many similar stories about ahsley furniture. Inspect first and REFUSE delivery if anything wrong at all.

Do not allow future repairs if you buy it new! Tell them to shove it and put it back on the truck!

View more comments (5)
Calgary, Alberta
Ashley Furniture Table
Loss

Ashley furniture. Don't waste your time/money.

I placed an order with Ashley's over a month ago and paid cash. I was supposed to get a pub table, 4 barstools, dresser/mirror, headboard/footboard, and nightstand. " It will be in in two weeks. " Three weeks later I am calling to complain and they offer free delivery. Ok. The delivery men show up and break the table and one barstool in the process of putting it together. The the bed rails don't fit in the headboard and footboard, so no bed to sleep in. They'll put a 'rush' on my next delivery. The delivery man shows up while I am still at work so he gets to sit there an hour. He puts the table together and it looks okay. After inspecting underneath I learn that it was once in someone else's home, the delivery men broke it, a part got replaced and now it's mine. So much for having new furniture. As he is leaving I mention that he is also supposed to have a new bed for me. He knows nothing of it but manages to find it in his truck. It still doesn't fit together. Sarah, the manager, doesn't care. But she's really sorry and will put a 'rush' on my new bed. I can have the one off of the floor if I want it. No thank you. I managed to get the name of her boss and his phone number. He happens to never be in the office. I can't imagine why. Pending.

Due to the fact that the person who submitted a post on this site did not use their real name, we have no way of knowing if they actually contacted AFI for assistance. Therefore, if we do not hear from a consumer, we are unable to assist.

See....I told you so !

We are here to help!

Sure the Corporate Croney will give you her standard answer "about how the Stores are Indepently owned".

However, I think your message is clear...the furniture was bad that was delivered...that's not a HomeStore problem !!

Spend your money with a Company that "really" cares about the consumer and understands that quality is the way to "long-term" success !

View more comments (3)
Montgomery, Alabama
Ashley Furniture Bed

Ashley Furniture Company

Ashley discontinues groups of furniture with very little notice to the dealers. Unless you plan on buying the entire group at one time DO NOT expect to add to your group. This has happened to us twice, once with a bedroom group and once with a dining set and in addition they would not even tell us what dealers the missing pieces were shipped to so we could find them ourselves. We also got the "sorry bout your bad luck ***" Poor marketing and customer service at the consumers expense. I would not buy from them again for any reason.

Their furniture is *** !

Company wants to blame HomeStores for their problems.

However, the problems start with the product.

Very cheap product that is marketed well.

Don't waste your time with them !!

Weatherford, Oklahoma
Loss

Bad customer service, bad furniture

I guess I am lucky compaired to other reviewers. I bought 1 cabinet from Ashley. Like everyone else, I signed the purchase agreement which states buyer agrees to pay a 30% restocking fee for cancellation. I ordered my small cabinet and 2 weeks later it came in. However, it was scratched on the front and side. I called the customer service number on my sales slip. They told me my only recourse was to see if their "very good" technitians could fix it. So, I buy new furniture and have to take it how ever it comes? I told the warehouse no. Miraculously, despite the fact that this was a "special order", they had another one, not in a box. They cleaned it up and it was in better shape, only a scatch on the side where it would not be too visible. I agreed to take it. Here is where I made my next mistake, I signed the form indicating I was accepting the cabinet, essentially that I had picked it up. Small as it was, it would not fit in my car. So, I returned the next day in a van I had rented, during the stated hours of operation on my sales slip. They were not open. I called both Customer Service and the store I purchased from and they could not tell me why the warehouse was closed. Now I was just too angry to accept the damaged cabinet at all and indicated I wanted my money back. The store manager said that he could do that but there would be a 30% restocking fee. When I explained that both pieces I looked at were damaged he didn't care, and he also couldn't explain why there was an other cabinet in the warehouse on a piece that was supposed to be ordered. He said he would offer me free delivery as compensation for the van rental. I said that would be fine, but I wanted to speak to his manager. He told me that would be a regional manager, not in Las Vegas, and he would relay my information. Well, 4 months later, no call, no delivery, no money back. Currently I am in disputing with my credit card since I don't have posesstion of the furniture, which will be hard to prove since I signed for it as the warehouse. If VISA refuses my claim then I will have to either take the cabinet or lose 30% of the cost of the damaged furniture. I too wish I had read this site before I purchased from this very disreputable company.

Las Vegas, Nevada