Ashley Furniture Reviews

Show reviews that mention
furniture customer service store customer service delivery ashley money manager order
Filter review

Shoddy Workmanship and Mechanical Design

1 12 years ago we purchased a full set: 2 full size sofas, recliner, 2 end tables and a coffee table. While the ends and coffee table seem fine, I need to comment on the very poor quality of the sofas and recliner. Within 2 weeks we needed to have a rep come out and retack fabric back on to the sofas. The retack job was little more than to tap in the bare showing staples in the back and within months had begun to pull out again. Now the recliner no longer reclines be cause the poor design of the reclining mech puts too much strain on a thin piece of metal where there should be a hardier piece. Being a well read person, I was aware from the start that the handle does not recline the chair but unlocks the mech. And of course, the warranty covers only a year so I'm out of luck but, I need to tell you how disappointed I am in the quality of furniture you produce. These pieces should last 20 years, not 2 weeks and 1 1/2 years respectively.

Due to the fact that the person who submitted a post on this site did not use their real name, we have no way of knowing if they actually contacted AFI for assistance. Therefore, if we do not hear from a consumer, we are unable to assist.

The HomeStores and authorized dealers that sell Ashley Furniture are independently owned and operated. We request that you consider contacting the store directly for assistance, if you are unable to get assistance from the store, please feel free to contact the Ashley Furniture Consumer Affairs Department, so we can assist you by contacting the store on your behalf.

We are here to help!

We purchased a full living room set 2 years ago. The sofa has felt “off” for sometime.

My boyfriend opened the bottom of the sofa to see what was wrong and found broken 1x2 boards. We also found a parking permit receipt from a young man in NYC from 2003.

Obviously this sofa was previously owned by student in a different part of the state, returned to the store because something was wrong with it, sent to upstate NY and resold to us. I am seriously dissatisfied.

Chicago, Illinois
Ashley Furniture Recliner

Wrong info

i purchased furniture from here about a year ago. the delivery got pushed to different dates b/c of some issue and when the guys got to my house they had everything except the entertainment center for my bedroom set(which i wasnt aware of until after the furniture was set up). i was told to contact them which i did and was told that the piece that matched my bedroom set was no longer available b/c the one they intended on sending to me was damaged & they just so happened they were no longer making them. they had one other entertainment center that went w/ my bedroom set that i really didnt want but b/c everything was already in their i decided to take it instead of go through the hassel of taking everything back out. 3 weeks later when i got the delivery which again was rescheduled, it was the original piece i had ordered in the first place. then i had an issue w/ my account being charged another $2000 for someone elses furniture a month later, which i had to fight w/ the really rude people in the store to have adjusted. i do not plan on doing business w/ them again

We are here to help!

Just an every day occurance for them. They've been successful...however, it won't last.

Business will flatten out and it won't take long for them to go out of business with the level of talent they have running the Company.

Owner's inspirational message "leettts go kick some ***

WOW !!!

Corpus Christi, Texas

Leesport,pa;; management mistreat workers

management does not know how to talk to employees. the way they refer to you is by cursing [what the ***, what is this *** ***, let this pass this is good etc, when the furniture is wrong. they want qc to pass every piece no matter what, it can be wrong. especially the new management on motion line. could you do something about this, everyone wants to quit motion. we've been yelled at, mistreated, offended by the words of one person, and noone wants to listen to us. we love our job, please do something about this situation

I will pass your request to our local in these areas !

Thanks for your recommendation.

Wish you guys would send some folks to Arcadia.

These jokers think they own the world up here...and I've about had it with their arrogance...

Also hear they are having problems in Mississippi too....

Hang on Brother we'll be there next week !!

We'll be working through our insiders...however, look for us.

Keep the faith !!

Don't waste your time with the HR group....HR and management at this Company is a joke !!

Think we need to bring in our Union brothers to straighten this place out...keep the faith !!!

View more comments (3)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Ashley Furniture Customer Service

I am very upset with Ashley. First of all I purchased a whole house of furniture. I asked the sales lady if the furniture was made of all wood and she said yes. I received all my furniture and one of the bedroom suites is not at all wood and the other I think is half would or no wood at all. I feel like I was mis lead and I paid good money for both. Then, I recommended them to my brother and his wife. She purchased a dining set for over $3000 and had to wait a month for delivery. Then when it arrived they were short 2 chairs. They live 2 hours away they were told when they were in they were told they had to pick them up. That is not service.

I Purchased a three piece sectional coach with a autumn, along with a bunk bed. This was done mid way through February.

I was told my due to over whelming orders, I would not be receiving my items till the 16th of march. The 14th of march comes, and I receive this phone call saying that my furniture will not be ready till the 25th of April. Who waits nearly a quarter of a year to receive purchased items? I ask what can the provide for compensation for my wait.

They said free delivery. What the ***! I told her to take the coach turn it side ways and stick it between her but cheeks!

This will be the last time I do business with Ashley's furniture. 8)

Macon, Georgia
Loss

Sucky furniture and sucky warranty

I will not spend another dime on Ashley Furniture. 4 1/2 years ago I bought a couch, loveseat, and recliner. All 3 pieces have been restuffed at least 3 times with in the first 6 months at the expense of the furniture store. Then, after that, our recliner kept going through 4 rip cords within the 1st year. After that, the back support on our couch went out. This is the worst quality furniture we ever owned. To make things better, they don't honor their warranty. So, much of the thing that went wrong we had to pay for out of our pocket. Next time, I will buy from Broyhill or Lane.

Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Ashley Furniture Recliner

Poor Workmanship/Customer service

I purchased a 42" dining table with 3 chairs. Two of the chairs were damaged. Ashley attempted to tounch them up. They looked like seconds. I refused them. They have been to my home 9 times and counting with replacement chairs. The chairs have a film on them and have come with chips on blk. paint, varnish missing, roughness, smudge marks that won't remove and wht streaks on chair legs. They came two Sundays without notice. They tell me when they are coming. Supervisor will not notify me. They offered a 10% discount & void warranty! No! What Mission Statement?

We are here to help!

Please contact me. I think I have some information that may help you out.

Tampa, Florida

THEY MUST TRAIN THEM ON BEING LAIRS

I have told everyone I know not to shop at Ashley's - that is the best revenge - they hound you as soon as you walk through the door, I spent 6K & the customer service was horrible, I was told they never have a sale, 3 days later they did - @ $800 cheaper - I asked for a price adj & from the top down they would not do anything, as a matter of fact wanted to charge me a 30% restocking fee - when it had never been pulled for delivery. They also screwed up the delivery - it was like too bad we have your money so ***. We just have to spread the word & eventually put them out of business. They won't last long treating customers this way

The problem with Ashley Homestore is that all the sales people are commissioned. Just like a car sales rep, all they care about is to sale that *** thing and get their commission.

But Ashley Products are great. They are not made in some Chinese factory, so you depend on quality. As for shopping, the best thing to do is buy from a small Mom and Pop store in your area. You will get personal service, if anything wrong with product, you know EXACTLY who to contact.

We have a small business in N. California and also sale online.

We sell lots of Ashley products and I am happy to say that 80% of our customers are repeat business. We do have some problem with Ashley warehouse, but our customers don't feel that discomfort.

I know what you are all going through... I work at Ashley Furniture. I have been for almost 2 years. I work behind the counter taking the money and doing financing. The reason they hound you at the door is because the sales people only work on 4% commision and work 10 hour days. They have to make a quota. It's hard.

Personally... I wouldn't buy the furniture there. That sounds bad since I work there. The stuff is nice but I just don't trust the delivery process. It is always late and things are broken or damaged. I know you all want to call the store and complain to us but we can't do anything about it in the showroom. The showroom is only where you make the purchase. After that it gets ordered and shipped to the closest warehouse. It's all them now. The showroom does nothing beyond the purchase. We can't because we don't see the furniture. I get calls after calls after calls of people yelling and cussing at me because I am a "selfish ***" because I am not helping them. Trust me... I do what I can. I can't do EVERYTHING. I take down your name and number and I can call the warehouse for you. We can call the managers there but, really, there's nothing we can do. It's all up to the warehouse. We can give you the number to there.

I want a new job. They don't pay me enough to deal with everything. I make $9 an hour doing so much and I hate it. I need a new job but it's so hard. I know I am complaining.... I just don't like it. :P

I hope everyone gets what they want. I won't shop there and I work there!

Our contact information is as follows:Email: consumeraffairs@***.comFax: 1-60*-***-****Phone: 1-80*-***-****, ext. 5013Mail: Ashley Furniture Industries, Inc.

Attn: Consumer Affairs One Ashley Way Arcadia, WI 54612You may also consider visiting our website, www.ashleyfurniture.com. Click on “Contact Us” at the bottom of the homepage.We are here to help!

We spent 5500 and got the same terrible treatment. Several complaints about purchases.

Main one recliner leans to one side. Owner of the store I bought it at told me it was probably just not assembled correctly and if he ordered us another one it may not be any better.

That should tell us something about quality. When we sat in it the first night it got worse, we called and they was very rude and said they would have somebody come look at it (could be three or four weeks) to see IF it would be covered under warranty.

View more comments (4)
Marietta, Georgia
Service
Ashley Furniture Delivery Service

Store repaired table leaf instead of replacing it.

We bought an Ashley dining table, 6 chairs and a protective table pad. The table leaf looked as if it had been dropped on its end corner causing a raised corner. It also had the finished scraped on the end. The pad had glue oozing out between the layers and lots of air bubbles between the layers. The clasp which holds the pieces of pad together wouldn't stay secure. The store picked up the defective pieces and said they'd see what could be done. They repaired the corner of the leaf, but you could still see where it had been dropped. The finish on the edge was still scraped. The pad had been cleaned of excess glue and they bent the clasp so it would stay in place. The air had been pressed out of the sections. Granted, the dropped leaf is minor, but when you pay good money for supposedly new furniture, you expect good quality. I guess I'm better off then someother complaints, but still, I'm not happy. I'll never buy or recommend anyone to Ashley Furniture.

Trumansburg, New York

Ashley Furniture, N Charleston SC

I bought a Queen Bed on February 19, 2008 after being told it is in stock and should arrive in 7-10 business days. I called on the 10th business day only to be told, it should be here next week. I have since called 2-3 times a week only to be given the run around. The latest phone call was March 19, to be told that it is in Lexington SC and should be on the truck next week. They offered to have it delivered to me, saying it would be quicker. I bought the bed wanting to pick it up at the store, not delivered!!!! This seems like another stall tactic. I plan on writing an editorial in the Local Newspaper explaining my situation in detail. What is the problem???? This is unacceptable, what ever happened to being honest with someone??? I will never buy at Ashley again..that is a fact!!! Meanwhile, I am still waiting for my BED!!!!
#197489

I went into the Ashley Home Furniture Store in the Inland Empire in California and ordered a sofa and chase lounge and was told that the furniture will be in warehouse in 6 weeks and it wasn't. I called and told them that I wanted to get a refund and they told me I had to come and get refunded, so I did.

There was no problem in returning the fees back on my debit card. So, I don't understand that if you all are not satisfied, you should request your money back and go some where else. It was a set that I really wanted but it just took to long to get and I was moving out of town and could not wait any longer.

So, I am not at all upset with Ashley because after not receiving they still gave me my refund. I actually want to know if the set finally came in store because I can purchase for my mother in California.

#197488

#197486

Nice Furniture

Peter,

www.spacify.com

I am also still waiting on my coffee table and end table.....three weeks and counting!

I find it interesting that you were told the furniture was in stock. I've purchased from Ashley Furniture several times, and the salesperson has always said that it had to be ordered.

The offered to delivery it to you and for FREE and you thought this was a stall tacktic. It seems to me that you are the unreasonable one.

I ordered an expensive desk from them (ashley furniture homestore, N. Charleston) and now im getting the run around about when it will come in.

I paid CASH and they have given every excuse in the book from a delay from the manufacture to gas prices being high and it is being shipped from their home site out of state every three weeks. I bought a house full of furniture at The Room Store and they had all of it delivered and set-up within 4 days.

I paid extra for they're fuel charge and delivery charge and still can get it here. I wish I had found out about the store before I made this purchase.

Wait a minute, the store offered to deliver the bed for you at no cost instead of you having to pick up the furniture yourself. Sounds like they went out of their way to satisfy you.

View more comments (11)
Columbia, South Carolina
Ashley Furniture Bed

Nasty add-a-tude

I live in NC I brought over 12,000 worth of furniture. On the day of deliver all furnture was not there, there were damges items, so I had to wait another month. On the day of deliver still damage things, I ask to get another coffee table, table no good even delivery person told them it was damage, do you know they did not want to chang it. so I took all three tables back. The mangement stink, the warehouse people stink, oh they will love you when you buy, something wrong, they don't want to here from you, even the delivery people told me how nasty they are, and many people complain, much I can say, but people do not buy from this company you will be sorry.

Raleigh, North Carolina
$12000

They won't honnor warranty

I wish I had found this sight before buying a mattress from Ashley. My second mattress has failed. They now say that there is no warranty since they have replaced the mattress once. I am now dealing with Simmons Mattress Co direct. I hope I have better luck with the manfacture. Simmons Mattress explained, my replacement mattress warranty starts from date of purchase on the original mattress. I would think since my seconds mattress was a new?? mattress warranty would start on date of delivery. I have looked at their furniture previously and found the workman ship to be shoddy.
#52009

Your Warranty does start from the date of purchase of the first mattress that is standard in the industry. If it was on every replacement mattress than that would be a "lifetime warranty" and unfortunately no mattress has a lifetime warranty.

Goddard, Kansas
Ashley Furniture Mattress

Ashley Furniture stood behind their product

I recently purchased Ashley Furniture which I had a problem with. Well the store I purchased it at closed. I contacted Ashley Furniture direct explained my situation and they were very professional in helping me. Within two weeks after they sent a gentleman into my home I had new furniture. Everyone must remember that there is a manufacters warranty for one year on the product they buy and Ashley stood behind their product 100 percent. Their staff was very pleasant towards me and not once did they ever treat me unprofessional. I am very pleased how they treated myself and my situation. My new furniture so far is great!!! Thank you Ashley Furniture.

"Glinolive"

Thank you for taking the time to post your positive experience! The HomeStores and authorized dealers that sell Ashley Furniture are independently owned and operated. Unfortunately, I do not know why this particular store decided to close.

If the Company's products are so good....why did the Store close?

Thought they were suppose to be #1....

Surely came out of Arcadia !

I wonder where you work?

View more comments (3)
Providence, Rhode Island
Ashley Furniture Sofa
$2000

Ashley Furniture is not a Texas product!

Ashley Furniture in Katy sold me a cocktail table and end table that was poorly assembled (wobbled with staples sticking out), and it was of poor craftmanship. The tables were not assembled properly. I did not accept the product and asked for an exchange. A month later, they delivered the same tables, in the same poor condition. They agreed to give me back my delivery charges, and nothing else. Ashley Furniture, I'm a Texan! Your product does not meet Texas standards. Buyer beware!! Don't spend your savings on something that will fall apart in less than a year.

Houston, Texas

Worthless mattress in just 3 weeks

we purchased a king size bed set for over 1000.00 after buying about 50000.00 in furniture at ashley and after 3 weeks the mattress is sagging so badly that we cannot sleep on it and ashley will not do a thing to help. I'm going back to Sealy for help but it remains to be seen what if any the resolution will be. Ashley furniture does not care about their customers!!.. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM. I think the mattress was used. It had to be. It is not the mattress we sampled in the store. Worthless mattress and company that does not care at all about the consumer.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Ashley Furniture Bed
Loss

Ashley Furniture: Where is it? I'm getting the runaround.

On February 26, 2008, I ordered a nightstand to match the bedroom set I bought from Ashley Furniture in North Charleston, SC. several months ago. At the time of the purchase, I was told it was in stock and it would arrive at the store on the next truck, which would be March 3rd. On March 3rd. I called and was told it would be there on the 11th. On the 13th I called and was told it would be there next week. Everytime I call, I'm told it will be there "next week". Of what year? I contacted the main office but have not gotten a response. Never again, Ashley Furniture! I should have read some reviews before shopping there.
Charleston, South Carolina