Ashley Furniture Reviews

Show reviews that mention
furniture customer service store customer service delivery ashley money manager order
Filter review

Ashley Furniture

I have read alot of the comments and conserns that people have wrote about the furniture they purchased at Ashley Furniture. Very few are independantly owned, most are home stores which means they are company owned. All I can say is Customer Beware. If you pick-up or have it delivered, make sure you check it over completely, make sure that you are getting a brand new piece, and no repairs done to it. Be carefull of the statement of it meets MFG spec's when it's being repaired, because Ashley is the Manufacture of the upholstery furniture. They build in steps the upholstery furniture, and most of there wood furniture is from over seas.

I'm not sure where you got your information. I work for a company that owns the right to several Ashley Home Stores which is not tied to the Ashley Companies.

I also work with other vendors such as Natuzzi, Lane, Trademaster and other furniture companies. They all have issues with their product being damaged from transportation. Almost all case good products need some touch up work done to it to make it perfect. I will say that it is not perfect furniture but you are not paying for perfection.

It is a well-valued furniture. I'm sick of people trying to get the best quality for a little price. I'm not saying that you should accept damage furniture, but if they have repaired it to company standards that should be acceptable.

You get a scratch on your car you can't return it. Think about it!!!!!!!!!

Reston, Virginia

Cushions flat in 3 mos, useless warranty.!!!DO NOT BUY ASHLEY FURNITURE!!!

Do not waste your money on poor quality furniture at ASHLEY FURNITURE Our cushions on the love seat and the couch went flat in 3 months. The table top was scratched, and Montage said they would replace it. A year later, we are still waiting. The Montage rep ("Laura") says she has phone numbers for the manufacturer that does not work, and that is the end of that. I called the manufacturer direct, and Faviola said we should bring the warranty letter to the store and scream at them Is this the way to run a business? Just to help Laura at Montage out, I gave her the phone numbers that DO work. I am doing her job for her. Time is money. Do not waste both your money and your time.
#20406

Agreed with the comment they look 10 years old. Our sofa, loveseat and chair are barely 2 years old and they look awful.

I FINALLY got a technician out to clean them through our warranty with Montage (which took way too long!!!)....

BUT the furniture still looks bad so yes back to the phone on Monday to call them again to wait forever again and so on... I can see this process going on forever.

Due to the fact that the person who submitted a post on this site did not use their real name, we have no way of knowing if they actually contacted AFI for assistance. Therefore, if we do not hear from a consumer, we are unable to assist.

The HomeStores and authorized dealers that sell Ashley Furniture are independently owned and operated. We request that you consider contacting the store directly for assistance, if you are unable to get assistance from the store, please feel free to contact the Ashley Furniture Consumer Affairs Department, so we can assist you by contacting the store on your behalf.

Arcadia, WI 54612

You may also consider visiting our website, www.ashleyfurniture.com. Click on “Contact Us” at the bottom of the homepage.

We are here to help!

I agree with you on the cushioning of ashley furniture. I have never been so upset with my sofa and recliners.

I haven't owed them very long and they already look 10 yrs. old.

View more comments (3)
San Jose, California
Ashley Furniture Table

Do not buy from Ashley Furniture

We purchased $5,000 worth of furniture from Ashley. The reclining couch turned out to be a lemon. It is falling apart after six months.Repair guy could not fix. We went to the manager, and simply asked that we be able to pick something else out. He said he would look into it,and get back with us the next day. We had to track him down after two weeks. He said no re select! He said that our couch was apparently fine for five months, so we had to keep it. We still owe $1800.00 on this piece of ***. I get pissed off every time I look at this couch, as well as the grouping we bought to match it. I have never been treated this way. Pretty *** way to run a business.

Reston, Virginia

Took 1,000.00 that was not theirs, they claim we orded a table which we never did and took our money

My husband and I went to Ashley because they were having a sale. We were buying a new house and needed two tables. Breakfast and Formal Dinning Tables. We saw a Breakfast and the formal table we liked so we decied to take the breafast table, our salesman said we had to put down 1,000.00 and they would put the table in the back. So that it would not get sold, as for the Formal table they said we had to qulif before they would order the table. And we could come tomorrow to see if we could finance the Formal table. So we said okay well we came back the next day we were not able to finance. They kept our money and the tables, because they said we had to pay for storage. I just can't belive a company like Ashley's do this to a family. Steal their money

:roll I just purchased a breakfast table set made by Ashley furniture and I am quite happy with the purchase. I wil be careful in the future thanks to the reviews I've read.

I am highly surprised . I own an Ashley Bedroom Suite and have for 10 years and have only had one problem that was resolved in a very timely and professional manner .

On our tall boy the drawer sliders broke and when we called Ashley we found out that our bedroom suite was not made any more but they didnt stop there .

They called around to different wharehouses and found the drawer gliders for us and we had them in just a few days . We will definitely buy Ashley furniture in the future .

We are here to help!

I hope you took them to small claims court and let the Judge decide if they can rightfully keep your money or not. That's not right and i hope they know they have a lot of complaints from their store. I wont buy a single thing from them because of the many complaints!!Thx for the heads up!

That is akin to "flim-flam", and I hope you reported them to the Better Business Burea. Just because of what happened to you, I will not go there and I have been looking at leather sectionals in their sale papers and thought that would be the place to shop. They will not see me or my money!

View more comments (5)
Phoenix, Arizona

North Shore Dresser and Mirror too tall

I don't have a actual complaint at this time. I purchased the North Shore Millenium night stands, dresser, and mirror. When my husband tried to put the mirror on top of the dresser, it is about 2 inches too tall. I just wanted information from Ashley concerning where would be the best place to try and cut the legs of the dresser (how far do screws go in), the base of the dresser, or the base of the mirror? I was told by a young woman employee that this furniture is made overseas, and Ashley didn't know anything about it?!!!!!!!!!!!!
Asheville, North Carolina

Lied about bedroom set being available in the future

I purchased a canopy bed and dresser thinking I would be able to add to the set later. I specifically asked about this, and was told that it was a new set and would be available. I put 30% down and when I returned 30 days later to pay the balance notice that the complete floor model set was on sale for the same price I paid for just the bed and dresser. I inquired about this and was told that it was on sale because it was being discontinued.....I was totally shocked and asked to buy the complete set instead of the one I ordered. The complet set was only 400 dollars more than what i was going to pay for just 2 pieces. I was told there was nothing they could do as my furniture had already been ordered. I feel like I was lied to and cheated because cancelling my order caused me to have to forfeit my original 30% deposit of $1424.00 I will never ever do business with Ashley Furniture again.

We are here to help!

ASK ABOUT CHAIRS TWICE AND WAS TOLD THEY WERE ON BACKORDER, SENT MY WHITE FREIND THERE AND SHE PURCHASED THE SAME CHAIRS THEY SAME DAY!

ASHLEY OUTLET STORE MEMPHIS IS PREJUDICE

View more comments (2)
Dallas, Texas
Ashley Furniture Furniture Set

Ashley furniture imports furniture with footprints on it

Ashley furniture is one of the worst companies world wide. They are a multi billion dollar company and still dont provide shows for there workers in china. I know this for a fact because I work for the company, many of the case goods we receive from china and vietnam have dirty bare footprints on them, many of which were under 7 inches long. Please do not support a company that not only has most of its products made out of the country so it can be made cheaper somewhere else but doesn't even try to improve working conditions there. Ashley furniture is a huge part of the problem dont support them.

Thanks for letting us know this. Shame on them.

Fountain City, Wisconsin

Incorrect Co. Info My Fault?

We contacted the Ashley Furniture Store we bought our product from after not hearing if it was ready for pick up at the warehouse. (We were told it would take less than two weeks for it to arrive.) After checking on our order, the person on the phone told us our product was indeed in the warehouse. The lady stated she didn't know why someone had not already contacted us so we could have picked it up. I was given the hours of the warehouse. Because the warehouse closed at the same time we got off work each day, we decided to go on Saturday. We arrived at the warehouse at 3 p.m. The place was closed. Called the store. Three employees, in their own way, said I was lying. No one at Ashley Furniture would give me incorrect info is what we were told. I was placed on hold three times, then not allowed speak with my salesperson. My sales receipt clearly stated pick up times which is in direct conflict with what was stated to me both times. After extremely authoratative talk from the general manager to my husband, the call ended. She spoke more like a mother than a manager. She answered the phone with, "You have a challenge for me?" She answered the phone in fighting mode without even speaking to me about the situation. After being told we would be charged 20% restocking fee, we could not afford the loss to purchase elsewhere. In addition, we learned we magically didn't live within their delivery area anymore. Funny. When we handed over our payment of almost $2500 we lived in the area. That is with an extra charge of $79.99. We waited for awhile and called back, got our salesperson. She says they will deliver now. I think we will end up taking time off from work to pick it up anyway. I don't see anything good coming from this experience. No more of our $$$ goes to Ashley.

Columbia, South Carolina
Ashley Furniture Sales Manager

Ashley Keeps giving the run around

At first, I admit I was in love with ashley's furniture when i walked into the store. We ended up having to pick up our on furniture. Then of course, the legs wouldn't stay put. The warranty we bought was never sent to us!! Our cushions went flat within two months time and it just went down hill from there on. When I tried to use my warranty they gave me the run around for 3 months until they finally sent me the package. We were denied our warranty status due to the fact that it had to be called in by 10 days and they were not affiliated with Ashley..what the??? In the end, they both said there was nothing that either place could do!?! What a Waste of my MONEY!!!

Plano, Texas
Ashley Furniture Sofa

Never Buy Furniture from Ashley's AGAIN!!!- Midland , TX

I ordered furniture around the beginning of Nov 07, received everything really fast but one item I ordered was damaged and they said they would order it for me and it would take no more than 4 weeks. Well December passed and nothing…January passed and nothing so we started calling and complaining and still nothing…February came and we got tired of waiting so I called and they said that they would see what they can do. Well that whole week I called and bugged them and still nothing…We finally got tired and went up to the store and talked to the store manager and he promised us we would get the table that day if not the next day. Well we received it the next day. Happy I was to have gotten it that I didn’t look at the table until the delivery guys left and the table was damaged so bad that I couldn’t believe they were bringing me a table so damaged so I called them back to come pick it up and still nothing…that took 2 weeks until they finally picked it up. Well now I am still waiting to get reimbursed and after all the trouble I had to go with they are trying to take 25% after it was their entire fault. Well now today the trouble I am having is that the service tech was suppose to go and fix my couch that had a scratch. Had scheduled this appointment since the beginning of February and today they were going to fix it. Well received a call that he didn’t have the tools when this appointment was already scheduled and they knew what needed to be fixed so tell me do I have bad luck or what!! I wish I had checked out this website sooner but from now on before I buy furniture from any other stores I will check to see if they have any complaints because that is it for us never buying furniture from this place ever again!!

I purchase sets of furniture on may 2016 now in is september 2016 and I don't have my stufff... My purchase was almosts $5k.

They refuse to give me my money back...

They still clients money...

Our order took over 21 days and delivery took two days and two trys, never again! :(

NEVER BUY FROM ASHLEY!!! I bought 10,000.00 worth of furniture.

Took 2 months to get it. And, now I am still waiting for my linens.

It's not the wait of the delivery its the quality of the furniture and their service!! You keep on shopping there I'm going someplace else.

okay first of all i love shopping at Ashley furniture and it takes two to six weeks in order to receive your furniture ppl gosh do y'all not have anything better to do than to post bad comments u have the furniture right? okay shut the *** up and get over

I’ve bought furniture from Ashley’s in Mechanicsburg PA in October 2010; it was a North Shore Living Room set (close to $5000.00). Every piece of furniture was scratched, chipped, pealed or falling through. My husband and I worked really hard not to return all the furniture and have the technician come out and look at it since I didn’t want to go through the hassle of returns and exchanges. Also, it didn’t help that the delivery man was very rude and wasn’t patient because I wanted to inspect the furniture outside before it goes in, he didn’t want to write down all the damages and just wanted to leave me with *** pretty much. It took a good month or two to have the tech come out, he touched up all the furniture, and even with that you can see where the scratches were. One table leg was scratched so much you can see the bare wood. Had them send me another leg for the table that one came to my house in pieces, it was cracked in half and the lady at the warehouse didn’t believe it. I was done dealing with her went to the store numerous times and the manager order us new leg. The leather is mismatched and the chaise was falling through, they ordered us a new one and we went to the warehouse to check it out before we exchanged them. Came in and the back of the new chaise had faded leather in the back of it, they told us that’s natural from the leather….BS…we wanted a new one, so we had them order another one which was finally FINE with few scratches on the legs but I can deal with that.

SO FAR, I’m not happy since our table pilled off and we called the tech to come out, he looked at it and said he can’t fix it. We are still trying to get that table replaced, but no one wants to help. And plus the lady at the warehouse said that we did the damage, which really got me mad. I wish I had bought something cheaper because the service I’ve been getting is horrible.

My in-laws returned their furniture FOUR TIMES!! NOW THAT'S INSANE. We don't have money to buy furniture everyday, we need something that's going to last.

I did see the email on this page and I will email them maybe they can help! Let's Hope

#219300

I will never buy from Ashley's in Midland, TX! I ordered some furniture in Oct.

they keep setting up delivery days and I make arrangements to be here only to get a phone call to let me know there is "hardware" missing they have done this several times. I don't understand why they can't just order me a new one! Not one they keep tryin to fix! I asked for "in-store" credit and she said that was fine but I had to pay the 25% restocking fee which is about $300 and that would be fine if it was my fault and I didn't want the furniture but its there fault for not being able to deliver in 6 weeks because it's broken..

I'm going in 2day and just gonna try to get my money back!

I'm to the point that i don't care if they keep 25% but i will make sure everyone i know never buys anything from them! Now We'll see how long it takes to refund me back!

I used the Ashley furnitire store in Midland and after repeated delays on orders and screw ups, I talked to the manager to complain. He said 'So what'.

This store has a disgraceful reputation based on incompetance and a total lack of customer service.

Will never use Ashely again.

I really don't know how Ashley Furniture is still in business and I hope they aren't much longer. They sell bad furniture and their customer service is even worse. I am telling everyone I know to NEVER buy from Ashley Furniture!!

View more comments (13)
Edison, California
Ashley Furniture Delivery Service

Incomplete delivery

I was told I would receive cocktail table and 2 end tables between 12-6 on 3/6. The truck arrived at 7 pm(rainy weather). After waiting all day,I received only the cocktail table as the end tables are "back ordered". I had already given away my old tables. I certainly would have waited for all the tables to be delivered at once had I been informed ahead of time. So now I have to wait another 6-7 hrs for another delivery? I am very unhappy (understatement) and at this point would not recommend Ashley Furniture. I, too wish I had read reviews first. I am awaiting customer service for resolution.

Ashley Furniture Table

I will not ever buy from Ashley

I go to Ashley (Wolfchase-Germantown,Tn) Saturday looking at bedroom suites. I find one I like,the salesman gives me such a good price (with the sale, coupons and rebate )$2,310.00 only good thru Sunday. I think to myself, hey I need to go ahead and buy this it will save me about $1,000.00. I tell him I want to look elsewhere, think about it and come back Sunday. I come back and sudenly the price is $2,800.00. I left.Now that I read these other reviews, I will never go back again.

Think Twice Before You Buy From Ashley

First let me say that we have purchased many furniture items from Ashley Furniture - kitchen table, bedroom furniture, couches, etc. As long as you don't have an issue with your furniture, everything is GREAT! However, the most recent purchase of a youth bedroom group brought us more headache than we ever imagined. Upon delivery and inspection of the furniture, we found that all pieces had damage. The dresser and nightstand drawers were warped and would not shut properly, they were not symmetrical in alignment, and a portion of the dresser was left unpainted. The bed bad slats that were uneven. We called Customer Service immediately to inform them of the damage and they said no problem and they would pick up the pieces and replace them all. Great - so I thought. The driver returned to our house 3 times and never left with the furniture. There was some miscommunication between Customer Service, the driver's manager, and the driver. The end result was that the driver acted rude, arrogant, and refused to take the furniture. My husband and I made several calls to Customer Service and complained. Upon being given the run-around with the agents, we asked to speak with managers and supervisors. Our requests for this were denied. After being treated this way, we didn't even want the furniture anymore. Well, just try getting a refund from Ashley. After hours of debating with them on the phone and getting denied, we finally called our bank. We used our bank card to purchase the furniture. Luckily, the bank is on our side. They also called Ashley and pretty much got the same treatment as we did. So my husband and I loaded up the furniture and took it back ourselves. At first they refused to take anything back. Their policy is to charge a 30% restocking fee for cancellations - not considering that the damaged furniture wouldn't be re-stocked!!! After an hour waiting and arguing, we finally had a conclusion. Ashley gave us our credit for the damaged furniture without charging a restocking fee. Bottom line is, if you get a perfect piece of furniture, all is well and everyone is happy. If not, brace yourself for a knock-down drag-out fight to get what you want. For us, we will NEVER purchase from Ashley again. RTG has great furniture and prices and they have a 100% return within 48 hours policy if you purchase on-line.

Smart choice. They'll even stick it to a Granny !!

They don't care

I have never bought from Ashley, but was considering! After reading the reviews here, I have changed my mind. what is RTG?

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Ashley Furniture Bed

Ashley Furniture worthless customer service

We purchased furniture knowing the quality was lacking (staging a house to sell), and set a delivery date for the next week. A couple of days later, we received a call saying a few items are not in stock (although the salesperson said it was) but they would deliver for free. Everything seemed fine until the delivery department calls and leaves a message saying I have to call back by 12:00 the next day or the delivery would be cancelled. I called the number and it had been disconnected (seems they were moving and didn't have any phone service - but I'm suppose to call THEM!), then I called what I thought was the store and held for a lengthy amount of time and was given another number to call. Yep - out of order. I then called the "store" back and she said "that phone number won't be working until tomorrow afternoon." Now how am I suppose to confirm delivery? I told her to handle it. The next week, once again the delivery dept called and I was to call back to confirm the date. Why??? Haven't we already discussed this? I'm already pissed for wasting my time, but what choice did I have but to call? So I did and I held for 10 minutes, and then.....cut off. I called again and held for 20 minutes. During my "hold" time, I got on the Ashley website and noticed - NO PHONE NUMBERS! That to me is a problem. There is no way to contact the corporate office by phone. I wish I had done my homework before buying from a company that has such rotten customer service. Although they wasted my time and I get angry everytime I think about it - I consider myself lucky that each pc. of furniture did arrive in good condition (unlike many other complaints I've read). Last words.......DON'T SHOP ASHLEY FURNITURE.

I've had to learn my lesson TWICE from these incompetent buffoons. They delivered the wrong piece, then proceeded to tell me they couldn't do anything about it for 72 hours.

Here I am, SIX DAYS LATER waiting for them to do bring the right item! They won't even allow me to return the *** thing for my money back!!! WARNING!!!

NEVER SHOP ASHLEY FURNITURE!!! They should have gone out of business, not Wickes!

AshelyTammy...stop joking...really...stop it..you are killing me....Consumer Affairs doesnt do *** They just refer you back to the store or back to the 866 number and then say, oh we will have a tech come out and look. Bottom line, once you buy this ***, you are stuck with it.

The truth is Ashley Furniture does have a horrible customer services, and the "promotions" they offer are to laugh for. The other day i received a call from a sales person there, and offered me a 5% off.

I mean, is this ajoke or what?? Now, Im going to buy in Rooms to Go, or in Star Furniture.

I am very sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience you have encountered with the delivery of your Ashley Furniture. Should you, for some reason, have problems in the future, please attempt to contact your independently owned and operated authorized Ashley dealer.

Or feel free to contact the Consumer Affairs department at Ashley Furniture Industries, Inc.

in Arcadia, WI at 1-80*-***-**** ext 5013. ~Thank you~

View more comments (3)
Raleigh, North Carolina
Ashley Furniture Delivery Service

Poor Quaility and bad customer service

We purchased sofa, chair and dining set. Had to return table and sofa twice now. After reading all the complaints I may just *** the bullet and lose the 30% at least I will still have something left to by new furniture somewhere else. I have recommended to everyone I know not to ever ever purchase from Ashleys. We were told to take out the insurance and any problems would be taken care of and if not used the money would be refunded on the cost of the policy well thats a lie they will give you a store credit...after al the problems who would want to buy anything else from them....People dont be like me and not do your homework believe what you read here They are a company that sells poor quality furniture and even worse poor moral business practices.

The HomeStores and authorized dealers that sell Ashley Furniture are independently owned and operated. We request that you consider contacting the Ashley Furniture Consumer Affairs Department, so we can assist you and the store in reaching an acceptable resolution.

Ashley Furniture Sofa