Ashley Furniture Reviews

Show reviews that mention
furniture customer service store customer service delivery ashley money manager order
Filter review

Terrible Service

Purchased living room furniture with 5 yr "protection plan" in 2005. Veneer peeling from one end table. Cannot get response from "protection plan" provider or from Ashley's. Have been calling 2 weeks and noone will contact me. Denied my request to speak to manager of store, after 3 calls to "protection plan" provider have received no call back. "Protection Plan" was purchased at Ashley's along with furniture but Ashley's says they are not responsible for them. Am now going to do my best to give them as much negative publicity as I can. (BBB)(Atty General) Consumer Advocates nzja

Due to the fact that the person who submitted a post on this site did not use their real name, we have no way of knowing if they actually contacted AFI for assistance. Therefore, if we do not hear from a consumer, we are unable to assist.

The HomeStores and authorized dealers that sell Ashley Furniture are independently owned and operated. If a store is unable or unwilling to assist with a warranty claim, Ashley’s corporate office can assist by notifying the store of their warranty obligations. We request that you consider contacting the Ashley Furniture Consumer Affairs Department. We are here to help!

Dallas, Texas
Ashley Furniture Manager

Ashley furniture "never again"

WOW, I bought 3 couches one came crushed. They came looked at it and said "We will build you a new one" Two months later we called and they said " You have two choices. Take 15% off off the crushed couch and keep it. Or, Return all three couches and pick out new couches. Now the last one is some-what fair. However, they dont have couches i want. So i asked them for my money back. They said "You have 2 choices" I asked to speek to her manager.she said "we dont have managers" Stay Away from ashley furniture!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arcadia, WI 54612

Here's a tip. If you ever order furniture and part of a "set" is damaged, refuse delivery of the whole thing.

The delivery guys will fight you tooth and nail to make you accept the items and talk to someone at the store, but don't fall for it. The delivery guys (which many times are outside contractors) just don't want to put the stuff back in their truck and have it in the way of the rest of their deliveries that day. How do we help you fix your problem now? Squeaky wheel gets the grease right?

If there really isn't anything else that you want there demand I higher percentage refund for the damaged one (like at least 50%) depending on the damage. I wish I could help you more, but that's a tough one. If it's any consolation, most furniture companies run like this, not just Ashley. Although Ashley is one of the worst that I have seen.

As far as "managers" are concerned, they aren't real managers. They are pretty much there to micro-manage the salespeople and open and close the store. They won't usually be any help to you because they usually aren't given and decision making authority from the higher ups (corporate). Find a creative way to find out who the regional manager or owners are and call them.

That will get the "manager's" attention.

Best of luck to you. :grin

Phoenix, Arizona

Ashely Furnitue

I purchased a leather recliner that the tanning started to come off the back in just 2 months and Ashley took 4 months to replace back panel. Now I have had the chair 8 months and the tanning is coming of the arms and the leather on 1 arm is starting to disintegrate. This chair from Ashely furniture is the biggest piece of *** that i have ever purchased and I will never purchese from Ashely furniture again. so Buyers be Ware also if you are going to buy Ashley Furniture buy it from K-Mart they will at least exchange it. Ashley warranty sucks to.
#2035248

Terrible customer service I’m still waiting for my order it Ben 3 months already I will not recommend to go to ashely furniture

San Francisco, California
Ashley Furniture Recliner

Never again

My wife and I went shopping at Ashley in Arlinton Heights, Il. We saw somefurniture we liked and decied to go home and do some measuring and thinking. A week later my mother in-law called and said that they were having a sale for this one day. She ordered the furniture and was told by the sales person Jennifer that if the furniture id not fit that we could return it. My mother in-law ordered the furniture and the furniture came to the house the day after Christmas. We had a death in the family so we really did not have to much time to check things out. Six days later we were able to look at things,start cleaning the dust off. We found that the chair and a half was slightly to big We also found that the china cabinet was a mess. Drawers did not work, doors way out of alignment. We called. They gave us a really hard time about returning the chair, and that they would have to send a repair man out to the house to fix the china cabinet. Today is the third week and the chair just got picked-up. i called to get the credit card credited and now they would only credit a portion of the warranty because now it is after 30 days. i work in the car business and customer service and customer retneton is what it is all about. Let me tell you that Ashley does not know this. I repeat that I will never buy another piece of furniture again from Ashley, sf I am going to spread the word to as many people as I can.
Chicago, Illinois
Ashley Furniture Repair

I cant believe a store would do this

I bought approx. 5 grand in furniture from the Daytona ashleys furniture store. All was delivered except the entertainment center which ended up being backordered 3 or 4 times. The first month after buying it i recieved no bill. then on Jan. 10, 2008 i got a phone call asking why i hadnt paid my bill on time to which i replied , thank god you called i was about to call you to enquire whats going on. I ended up making a good faith payment of 800 dollars . Then that afternoon i recieved the bill in the mail . The original agreement that i signed was on the first bill with the price correct. However there was a second bill from the 2nd month and it showed an increase of one thousand dollars above the original agreement. Much to my surprise i called the finance company and they informed me that I had obviously went back into the store and bought something extra. Well, I know i havent been back there . So i called the store and they wouldnt answer any of my questions. The manager wouldnt come to the phone and i was given a phony excuse that hes not allowed off the show room floor. Ha Ha Ha.what a bunch of bunk. So i called corporate head quarters in Jax. Fla. and was informed that it showed that i had went back in and purchased another piece of furniture. The corp. manager was quite curtious and helpful in tracking down the descrepency. They had not included the cost of the dining table and chairs in the original bill. They said I went back into the store and purchased it later. Not so. So someone must have forged my name on a second bill and sent it off to the finance co. If im not mistaking forgery is a federal offense and their little arbitration clause on the back of the bill of sale means nothing in that case. Im now contesting the increase with the finance co. and that will freeze the overage.and I will call the bbb and the city manager and get a lawyer. seems the stores are all owned by the same person so it wont help to call corporate cause your gonna get the same brown bag full of you know what thing handed down to you again.

Orlando, Florida
Ashley Furniture Table

BEWARE

I went to Ashley in Palm Desert in response to an ad for a leather sectional, regularly priced $1069, sale priced $959. Additionally, there was a 10 per cent discount for items STOREWIDE if you did not take advantage of certain financing plans. The salesman confirmed to us, therefore, that the price would be $959 minus the ten per cent. However, the computer came up with some other price apparently, and the sales manager claimed that the $959 already represented the ten percent discount. This did not make sense. First, $1069 minus 10 per cent does not equal $959. The manager felt that we should be happy, therefore, since it was to our advantage, and Ashley just rounded it or something. Blah, blah, blah. The usual baloney. The ten percent discount was tied to a financing package--it had nothing to do with the items on sale. Then they tried to "deal" with me by making some fifty per cent arrangement on the shipping, but it still would have been more than $24.00 from what I should have paid with the ten per cent off for immediate payment. They also want you to initial the back of a paper which states that you must cancel an order IN PERSON forty-eight hours prior to delivery or risk a fifteen per cent restocking fee. The salesman told me that I could cancel at any time prior to acceptance of delivery. No mention was made of a restocking fee. Also, the salesman did not at any time give a complete total for the transaction but rather that would be done at the service counter. It felt like dealing with the used car salesman who will never tell you the actual price of the car--just the monthly payments! I did not buy the item because the ultimate bargain was not the one advertised. I had considered contacting Ashley to complain with the naive idea that perhaps this was the practice of an unscrupulous independent owner/franchisee, but I see that Ashley's questionable practices are nationwide. From the complaints I see concerning the product, it may well be that what I saw on display, which seemed nice enough, would not be what I would have gotten at delivery, so I consider myself lucky. I believe that this is a scam operation.IF YOU DO SEE SOMETHING YOU MUST HAVE, CALCULATE WHAT YOU SHOULD PAY, INCLUDING ANY DISCOUNTS AND SHIPPING AND TAX, BEFORE YOU GET TO THE SERVICE COUNTER. Also, check the shipping charges. It might be shipped from a location closer to your home than the store where you actually bought the item. The charges may be different. Last, but not least, READ WHAT YOU'RE SIGNING ON THE BACK OF THAT PAPER!

We request that you consider contacting the Ashley Furniture Consumer Affairs Department. We are here to help! Our contact information is as follows:Email: consumeraffairs@***.comFax: 1-60*-***-****Phone: 1-80*-***-****, ext.

5013Mail: Ashley Furniture Industries, Inc. Attn: Consumer Affairs One Ashley Way Arcadia, WI 54612

Los Angeles, California

PATHETIC!!!!

16 WEEKS! STILL WAITING FOR THE REST OF MY FURNTURE FROM ASHLEY FURNITURE STORE. DID YOU KNOW THAT THEY ARE CHANGING THERE NAME TO CLAIRES. PLEASE DO NOT EVER BY FROM THEM UNLESS YOU WANT YOUR FURNITURE IN 2009. OCTOBER 3 2007 IS THE DAY I ORDERED $2700.00 WORTH OF FURNITURE FROM THEM.STILL WAITING ON BED. ANYBODY KNOWS OF A GOOD ATTORNEY? THE STORE I AM TALKING ABOUT IT IN OCALA, FLORIDA ON SILVER SPRINGS BLVD. THE MANAGER WILL NEVER CALL YOU BACK AND THE OFFICE STAFF NEVER KNOWS WHAT IS GOING ON, THEY JUST COVER FOR HIM

i know just how you feel they have a furniture store called universal down here in new orleans and i'm going through the same thing since 07/07/07

which is really odd the 3 sevens are suposed to be good luck but in my case irt was bad luck

Portland, Oregon

Worst mistake ever this is why

I purchased the living room set from ashleys the marble on the coffee table was put on crooked the marble was sent to us crooked. 2 years later purchased a matress from them. We never recieved our matress the matress was 6 days late so i called they said, Oh, sorry that matresss was discontinued. They said they would call us back never did. Gave us the run around made me upset. This was a 3 grand matress. Then I went to the store myself had to.Only for them to tell me they dont know. Then we said we need to speak to a manager they gave us a matress salesmen pretending it was a manager.Finally, they got the manager and after five days.... he gave us the floor matress for 15 percent off . That was nice but it was like pulling teeth..... then i wanted to get the pait color from them and they couldnt tell me the colors....

Neither can you Matthew :roll

seems as though they ghad every right to treat you badly--as you can't seem to type, spell, or even speak coherently

Jacksonville, Florida
Ashley Furniture Furniture Set
Loss

AshleyFurniture does not stand behind their product

Their furniture is absolute ***. Our couch and large ottoman had a main support of ra 2x2 PINE rod which of course shattered somewhere around 6 months of ownership. They said they would replace the "stick" and will not replaced the furniture. I have gone through 4 people and all no longer work there. Each time I try to get resolution there is no documentation of the issue or who i spoke with. They are condescending and do not have a policy that is not subjective regarding furniture breaking. Its all up to the service tech that comes to your house. Ours actually said that ottomans are not meant to be sat on!!!! My son is only 90lbs and this ottoman is huge.. The whole experience stinks and would not recommend them to anyone

Lincoln, Nebraska

Ashley Furniture - IMPORTANT INFO

Looking for furniture? Don't go to Ashley. Their customer service is terrible. I encourage all who have a bad experience to file a BBB report and not just talk about it on blogs. To enlighten some people and stir them up a little more - if you happen to cancel your order - and if they want to charge you the restocking fee - be sure they only do so on MERCHANDISE and not any warranty, delivery, or sales tax. They are being fraudulant when they do this and they will try to to get the 20% on the order total!! BE AWARE!! Also, did you know they have to restocking fees - one of 20% and now one of 12% - look at your contract. Any financing they do (at least in NY) is through CitiFinancial - who is also terrible to work with - but that is for another time. If you have issues - write everything down - every call, every person you talked to, dates. It will help save you in the long run. Due to my experience - I am giving out advice and word of mouth to all - but somewhere else. Granted, you may pay a little more but the furniture is of better quality than what Ashley throws together. Just say NO TO ASHLEY FURNITURE!!!

Olean, New York

The Worst!!!!

I had bought nice furniture for my house I had rented, and payed over $1500. Well, after 6 weeks the furniture came. AFTER I threatened them with a lawsuit. They come up with the most laughable excuses. "Our trucks got stuck. Its now leaving our warehouse. We started to deliver it and realized we had the wrong furniture. etc." The customer service reps were so rude. Never buy from these clowns because they will just steal all your money!!! The delivery charge I had to shell out was a joke. I finally had it all returned when it came ripped!!!

Reno, Nevada

Extremely poor quality of Ashley Furniture

In October of '06 we bought all new furniture from Ashley to include a bedroom suite, two queen sized beds, a couch, a chair, coffee table and two end tables, TV stand, entertainment cabinet, dining table and china cabinet. During only a month of use the cushions on the sofa started to rip, the chair was literally only hold together with staples and the sides began to become loose and start falling off after 2 months. Staples are coming through the top of the headboard. The finish on all pieces has proven to come off at the slightest bump. The door to our china cabinet broke after 1 week from not having the hinges properly installed. Our dresser was delivered missing the majority of it's finish on the drawers which we had to send back. The legs on the dining table became extremely wobbly after 3 months of use. Customer services has proven to be a major headache and no repairs have ever been made despite the promise our salesman and our alleged warranties gave us. Although I am please with the matteress but that's because it's a Sealy. Ashley furniture is not worth the $$$

I feel your pain. Ditto

Fairfax, Virginia
Ashley Furniture Table

Poor delivery and customer service

i purchased$2700.00 worth of furniture on october 3 2007 . they gave me a time of 3-8 weeks i got my couch in the 7th week i got my mattress set in the 11th week,now it's the 14th week and i'm still waiting on the rest of my bed set.if you call them nobody seems to know anything about anything.the last time i went in there the lady i spoke to gave me a $100.00 card to spend in the store.i ripped it up.they will never get a dime of my money again.if this complaint only changes the mind of one person who was planning on shopping there than i am satisfied

OMG I am having the same problem, I still am sitting without my furniture that I paid cash for, it keeps getting "bumped" from the truck! What the ***?!

I was also offered a $100 gift card as IF they will EVER get another penny out of me! LOSERS, stay away from ASHLEYS

I think my purchase is turning into a nightmare like yours! I bought a loveseat, chair and ottoman delivery date was set for Jan 22, received a phone call from Ashley date baked up to Jan 24, received another call, partial items on backorder now....looks like they take your money and dont deliver! I'm worried now after reading all these complaints....

Portland, Oregon
Ashley Furniture Bed

Ashley Furniture Home Store Tyler, Texas

I am having TROUBLE with pillows that came with the sofa and over sized chair purchased from Ashley Furniture Home Store in Tyler, Texas. Owners, Louis and Pat Mellius. One week after delivery, which by the way took 2 1/2 months after ordered to receive, I called and talked to the manager (owner's son) that the loop fringe on the pillows was pulling out. That was Nov.23, 07. I was told by the manager that a technician would come out to check the pillows and if they could not be repaired, they would be replaced. Dec 11, 07 a technician FINALLY comes out after numerous phone calls to the store by myself and husband. The technician took pictures and said someone would be calling me. Dec. 29, 2007 I called the store to find out WHAT they were going to do about these pillows. I was told new pillows would be ordered. On 12/31/07 I received a phone call from the woman who places orders for the store and she informed me that the owner wanted me to bring the pillows to the store BEFORE they could order new ones. I took the pillows in on 12/31/07 (all 8 of them) and the owner, Pat Mellius, insisted I leave them there so the Millenium Furniture Marketing Rep could inspect them. I get a call the next day from the Millenium marketing rep, Mark, who informs me he did not find anything wrong with the pillows. He stated, They are in show room quality condition. Iasked him specific questions about the pillows and it turns out the owner Pat Mellius made a switch. The marketing rep was shown a set of pillows that were not the ones I left there. I called the next day and talked with Pat Mellius. She stated, the marketing rep has inspected these pillows and he agrees with me that there is nothing wrong with them. I through a fit. I told Pat Mellius that I would be returning the two pieces of furniture and eat the 30% restocking fee. Mrs. Mellius stated that returning the items was not an option because there is nothing wrong with the set. Mrs. Mellius refused to set up another inspection with the millenium marketing rep while I was present for the inspection. BOY do these owners of this furniture store have a BIG surprsie in store for them. I am filing every complaint possible and reporting these owner's and this franchise to the State Attorney General's Office for fraud. I purchased these items WITH the EXTRA protection plan on each piece. I have pictures of the pillows, they have been filmed on my video recorder, and I WILL not allow these people to maneuver us this way. It is WRONG on so many different levels. So, BEWARE, because Ashley Furniture Home Store's may be the number one retailer of furniture today, but at the rate these franchises are going, I'll dare say, 10 years from now they won't be. What gets people in the door are the finance options. That marketing strategy only goes so far. If this particular Ashley Furniture location here in Tyler Texas were having a buy anything you want in our store for $1.00 and get the second item free sale, I would not buy from them EVER again.

If that's the only problem with your furniture you are lucky.There is a thread that is sewn around the frilly loop fringe on your throw pillows that is installed for shipping purposes only.It is meant to be removed.About 2% of the people know this.Once the thread is removed,the loop threads can be trimmed evenly with your scissors.

I had a totaly great experiance with the Ashley Furniture store in Tyler,Tx. I was able to puruchase a kids bedroom set in great condition in the rear discounted room for less than half price it sold for on the showroom floor and had it assembled and loaded onto my trailer after the dock staff had carefully wrapped it for transportation. Thanks Ashley Furniture Home Store here in Tyler,Tx.

Wow, that is shocking and unbelievable of them!

Longview, Texas

Delivery

Iordered a computer desk from the Ocala. Fl, Silversprings Blvd.store Sept 1. 2007. Delivery came Nov. 4 but the base was broken so they didn't even bring it from the wharehouse. I was told there would be a rush order put on it and I would have it within a week or two. It is now Jan 4. 2008 and no furniture. I have called the store many times only to be told it should be on the next truck. I have asked to speak with the manager no matter what day I call, it is always his "day off"!!!!! The staff says there is no way to check on the status of my order! If I don't hear from someone I am filing a law suit and calling Fox TV for a report done on Ashley Furniture. I have never not been told the exact day of delivery at the time of purchase anywhere else!

I have recently purchased a sofa from Ashley furniture and had it delivered on time (i got lucky). That being said, I have worked at a couple of furniture stores in the past (one being Ashley) and I'll tell ya that the problems aren't just with Ashley.

Notice that Levitz is going out of business now. They pretty much all suck and have problems. The salespeople have no control over delays in your furniture, but you should try to get them to be honest with you with the time it may take to get your stuff (before you buy). However, what ever happens most of these places have horrible "customer service departments" that you have to call to check on your order.

I guess my point of all of this is that many furniture places seems to have problems, damaged or delayed furniture and are very difficult to deal with. Be careful and buy with your credit card so you have some protection.

Good Luck. :zzz

I totally agree!! I have never seen a business have delivery issues like this.

How can they NOT guarantee their own delivery??? Very bad business. I will be filing suit myself.

My attorney told me on Friday you can file for mental anguish :x which is also what this is!!!!!!!! STAY AWAY FROM ASHLEYS

Ocala, Florida