Ashley Furniture Reviews

Show reviews that mention
furniture customer service store customer service delivery ashley money manager order
Filter review

Ashley Furniture Complaint

We purchased an entertainment stand for a TV; it had 3 doors on the front that had interchangeable panels: either wood or glass. The sales guy said that the way it looked on the sales floor was the exact way it would look when it was delivered; was told it would be delivered in a week to 10 days. After 2 weeks, I still had no word from them. So I called the store, they had no record of my sale. Three customer service people later, they found my account only to say that it would be in the warehouse end the end of that month. I told them to call me when it came in and I would pick it up. Well, when I got there to claim my furniture, they showed my account under a different "first name" as well as the cabinet was unassembled, in a flat box. I threw a huge fit and the service manager had one of the workers assemble it on the spot. I will never purchase anything from them ever again. And I must add... I paid too much for it also!
Nampa, Idaho
Loss

Ashley Furniture - Where's my furniture?

On Jan.15, 2008 we purchased a bedroom set for over $4,000. (first time bought $4K in Living Room furniture without incident.) We have not received any furniture to date 2/8/08. We were told our CA King box springs & mattress only will be delivered tomorrow. It has been a nightmare trying to get straight answers on where our furniture is. I have called & written the main office in WI to only discover the store I dealt with is privately owned. So....does that mean I do not deserve good customer service? AUCH! I will not buy from Ashley again.

Chance are once you do get your funriture it will be damaged

I was just going to buy a 4,000 bedroom set at Ashley's...no more. I do not need any problems, there is so many furniture stores in the area that I will look around.

There is nothing more important to me than good customer service and those generic e-mails from Tammy02....no thanks. I do not want to be just another statistic.

Due to the fact that the person who submitted a post on this site did not use their real name, we have no way of knowing if they actually contacted AFI for assistance. Therefore, if we do not hear from a consumer, we are unable to assist.

The HomeStores and authorized dealers that sell Ashley Furniture are independently owned and operated. We request that you consider contacting the Ashley Furniture Consumer Affairs Department, so we can assist you and the store in reaching an acceptable resolution.

Arcadia, WI 54612

You may also consider visiting our website, www.ashleyfurniture.com. Click on “Contact Us” at the bottom of the homepage.

We are here to help!

I ordered my furniture (living room set, dining room set & 3 bedroom sets) around the 2nd weekend in August. According to the salesman EVERYTHING I ordered was on back-order and my furniture would take around 4-6 weeks to deliver.

This was not a big deal to me at the time as I was moving the 3rd weekend in August and wouldn't have to move it to my new house. However when I called around the 3rd weekend in September I was told my furniture would not be ready until the 1st week in October. I was told all of my furniture was on hold for one bedroom set that was still on back-order. So the 1st week in October I called and they informed me that my order had been shipped from the manufacturer to the warehouse, but they were still waiting on the back-ordered bedroom set.

By this time I was getting a little annoyed as I host Thanksgiving at my house and I didn't even know if I would have any furniture (I sold my old furniture when I moved). From this point on I called once a week every week and was informed every time that they were still waiting on my back-ordered bedroom set (and speaking with the store manager gets you absolutely no where). Finally sometime around the middle of the 2nd week in November I received all of my furniture. From beginning to end this ordeal lasted 13 1/2 weeks for something I was told would only take 4-6 weeks.

I can guarantee you that I will never again do business with Ashley's furniture. They have absolutely no customer service skills and once they make the sale the customer no longer matters.

View more comments (4)
Chico, California

Home office suite

oct of 06 i purchased a home office suite. upon delivery, the drivers failed to bring in one piece of the wall unit and told me it had been damaged. these drivers set up what they had, called the warehouse they delivered from and got a date of delivery for the missing piece. Couldn't use the suite for 2 additional weeks but they made it right as good as they could. They maintained contact and i felt the company was as honest as they could be. Of course i was dealing with a local affiliate of Ashley and not the main corporation as apparently so many of these compliants are about.

Nice to see a good comment about Ashley Furniture. I'm glad to know there are still some understanding people out there who don't blow up at every little issue and handle things like sane adults.

Ashley is not as bad as people make them out to be. When you sell and deliver as much as they do there is bound to be some problems.

Thank you for posting your positive experience with Ashley Furniture! It is highly recommended that you contact your local authorized Ashley dealer for any questions or concerns that you may have.

However, please feel free to contact Ashley Furniture Industries, Inc. if necessary.

We will do our best to work with the store to obtain a reasonable resolution. You may contact AFI @ 1-80*-***-**** ext 5013.

Washington, District Of Columbia
Ashley Furniture Furniture Set

Lost 2 days' pay waiting for Ashley rep to arrive.

I'm a shift worker, with days off on odd days of the week. When the Ashley representative called and arranged to come by yesterday (Tuesday, the 5th of February) I said sure because it was a normal day off for me. But if I'd worked overtime, it was counted as a double-time day! 2 days wages for 1 day of work! Sure enough, my company contacted me Monday to work Tuesday, but I had to turn it down because the rep said he would be here "between 10 and 1." And he failed to show at all! I called Ashley this morning and told them what happened. They said they would try to get hold of the rep. Then I told them to check out this website, adding that the common thread (even with the complaints about the furniture itself) was poor customer service. When I returned home this afternoon I had a response from the rep on my answering machine stating based on my description of the damage he went ahead and put in an order for a replacement and Ashley would be contacting me regarding a delivery date. He went on to apologize for missing the appointment, and that my paperwork had gotten mixed up with some other stuff on his desk. Dandy. It took them two and a half months to deliver the original, no telling how long to deliver the new one. And yesterday I was reading their warranty (while waiting uselessly) and the warranty starts from the date of purchase of the original item. Not from the date of delivery, certainly not the date of replacement.

We are here to help!

Evansville, Indiana
Service
Ashley Furniture Delivery Service

Ashley Furniture Tigers Promo ! Scam ??????

We went to Ashleys in Southaven MS on Sunday Feb 3rd to get a chance of free mattress win the Memphis Tigers win the National Championship. Well oL Les their sales rep said I credit was denied. We knew better and told him to do it again he did it was the wrong SS number. Needless to say the finance company denied it thinking someone was trying a scam. Well Monday morning after the promo was over and the customer rush was gone Ol' Les called and said we were approved with flying color. If you were denied By Ashley on Feb 3 and then approved Feb 4th let us know.
West Memphis, Arkansas
Ashley Furniture Mattress

Ashley Furniture Tigers Promo ! Scam ??????

We are curious how many people went to Ashley Furniture on Sunday Feb 3rd to get in on the Tiger promo and got turned down on their credit? But miraculous was approved on Monday after the promo. Let us know by way of this site and we all can ban together. We went there to get free Simmons Classic Indigo mattress when the Memphis Tigers win the National Championship. However, Les, Ashley's sales rep had alot of customers and I think if everything was not perfect he was just going on tho the next one. So when he reran our credit on Monday when he didnot have any customers we were approved. Go Figure.

Thanks for advising us about this horrible, and low ethics company. I will never buy form them. NEVER!

West Memphis, Arkansas
Ashley Furniture Mattress

Ashley furniture is the worst ever!!!!

I have never dealt with such a horrible company.My bed I purchased was shipped incomplete on 01/20/08 and as of 02/05/08 we still have only 90% of a bed. They want me to pay 30% return fee for their mistake, Nice!!! Customer service sucks, you dont deal with the individual store, they dont care at all. Once you give them the money, they make you deal with a poor excuse of a customer service department! This is in Utah and its a brand new store in our Area. I would rather shop at ikea (whom I dont like either) Than this rat hole of a store!!!

Anyone out there in Chico (Butte COunty) that has been defrauded by Ashley contact the Butte County District Attorney at (530) 538-****. Jos Van Hout is looking into the matter at my request - I know there are a lot of you out there waiting months for refunds that may not come- this is fran -pure and simple. File a complaint on line and talk to the DA, too.

(530) 538-****

Ashley Furniture stores in Roseville, Chico and REdding are all owned by the same lousy owners who could care less about the customers. I bought my furniture May 2009 and still havent gotten a refund!

They are the worst!

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM ANY OF THESE STORES!! THEY WILL ROB YOU OF YOUR MONEY.

Guess you could say it all depends on the owner of the store.My sister and brother in law bought a living room set and bed room set.They had a problem and the Springfield Missouri store made sure they where taken care asap.The customer service treated them great.It all comes down to the owner.And its sad to see others go through hoops for the rite service. :)

omg!!!! I went online to look at Ashley's living room suits.

I liked the advertisement on tv. I read so many complaints that caused alot of concern. But when I read the way they treat thier employees. DONE DEAL!!!

I will not purchase a thing from Any store that treat thier employees this unfairly. SHAME ON YOU

1st of all you should have paid 1/2 down

and 1/2 on delivery. Now that makes more sense.

also contact Ashley direct they are helpful some stores have poor help.

I am very happy with my Ashley products very good value. They are number 1 in sales in the US

Once they get your money they don't care.

what a lame attempt to try to regain your lost customer base TammyO2! You need to start with good customer service and follow through with these poor people not give them the run around.

Hey Tammy, Your Consumer affairs dept does nothing either but, mimic the response from the store, The whole company needs damage control...I live in chico CA area...it took me from day of purchase 3/29/09 till 7/13/09 to get my money back ridiculous..........i spoke to customer service at least 4 times during that period and they did not help....but comments regarding contacting you is

BS.

If you think that the customer service was bad, you should see how employees get treated by management. I wouldn't be surprised if they have 100% turn over of the entire work force every 6 months.

This comment is in reguards to the Salt Lake Warehouse that services the Salt Lake and Layton stores.

The Management preaches professionalism, and at the same time, crucifies the employees with any personal issues they have arise. Adds offer promotion potential but there is no follow through with any promises, only lures.

Well I also believe Ashley Furniture is the worst ever. I ordered two loft beds on 7/5/08 and still don't have all the parts and its 9/19/08.

They keep ordering the wrong parts even though I specifically go over each part I need every time I speak to them. The manager Craig has screwed up the order twice now. He keeps saying I got a deal better than anyone on these beds. He keeps adding in parts I didn't freakin order.

You can't be serious that these guys are good. And as for contacting their Consumer Affairs dept. I got an individual that couldn't spell or make a complete sentence to tell me I had to deal with the manager after explaining in the email I already had. What a joke.

This store needs some management that cares about the consumer or they should be fined for the abuse I had to go through. I'm reporting this on every blog I can and the BBB.

View more comments (16)
Salt Lake City, Utah
Ashley Furniture Bed

Ashley Furniture of Tyler, Texas treats customers terribly

I wished I had gone on-line to research furniture companies before I bought anything from Ashley Furniture of Tyler, Texas. Apparently, they have a history of screwing their customers. I ordered a chair on 1/15/08 and they said they couldn't get it in until 2/12/08. Like an ***, I went ahead with the order and gave them $50 up front (Don't Do It!). I wound up not needing it because of a health issue and having to moving in with my kids. I called in 3 days later and they said they would get back to me. They never called. I called again and the "manager" said I would lose my $50 because the chair was already in. But they told me earlier I couldn't get the chair until 2/12/08. It's funny how the chair conveniently appeared in stock so much earlier when I canceled my order. They are LIARS. Do not buy from them or you will be sorry.

I agree.In Amarillo i am having a problems with a mattress i was told i could try for 3 months with no charge.Very unprofessional store.

After owning a business for 32 years and dealing with disgruntled customers I can sympathise with Ashleys. However I also doubt very much that responses # 6 was posted by anyone from Ashleys and post 7 looks to be suspicious, # 7 notoiced the problem and never said anything?

but stay for an hour until the customer returned...

Give me a break. If Ashley's were as bad as you people make out they would have been shut down by corparate years ago and the franchisee would be spending his life defending numerous law suits.

Theres one born every minute and from whats written here, we have enough to fill a weeks worth of uneducated kindergarten drop outs.

We treat our customers fair until we get their money..hahahah.. We love taking money from people in Tyler and Longview and where ever else you wanna come from.

they are a bunch of liars they change stuff up everyday i hope they rot

I agree with everyone on here. Ashley in Tyler treats the customer like dirt.

I had an issue with the quality of a chair that I bought. I asked them to just exchange it and they could have cared less that I was unhappy. They do not stand behind their cheap furniture. They owner (some old bitty woman).

Was so rude, didn't want to listen to my issue and even hit my moms hand when she reached for a business card. I had to call the police and file a report on her. Beware of this low-class store. Check out how many complaints they have had with the BBB.

It speaks for itself.

These folks are in the wrong business. They are just trash selling trash!!!

anyway i worked for ashley furniture in longview for awhile... I can honestly say that it was a good place to work for, but at the same time they could careless about the costumer.....we were trained to hide and cover up damaged furniture... kim, the owner is a piece of ***......

the owner of the Tyler, TX and Longview Tx stores is a rude man who will drive away his customers if treats others the same way he treated me!!!

Look you evil bastards! This is my store!

I own it and can run it any way I want! If you don't like it, shop somewhere else! You're all a bunch of white trash red necks! You wouldn't know the difference between a good piece of furniture and a slipperly wet ***!

If you don't want your furniture damaged, then maybe you should look at it before you pay for it! It's our job to hide damages on furniture! It wouldn't look nice in the store! So if you buy something that looks good in the store and you find it has a crack in it when you get home, that's your tough luck!

Not my problem! Why don't you go and shoot yourself on it so it can wind up in a crime lab and get some proper use!

Go to ***!!! All of you!!!!!!

I've seen the home store manager as he spoke to a customer over an issue with damaged furniture. The customers had just bought a table with shelves.

The table was cracked in the back. I saw them leave with the damaged furniture and wondered if they had got a discount for the obviously used look. But I guess they didn't notice it because they came back almost less than an hour and wanted a replacement or a refund. The manager only said his technicians would repair it.

But then the customers said, "Why would we pay top price at Ashley's for used and abused furniture? We could go elsewhere for that! We want a replacement or a refund!" But the manager would give them neither. He tried to imply that the customers damaged it themselves during transport.

I knew better. So I leaved before buying a single thing.

The HomeStores and authorized dealers that sell Ashley Furniture are independently owned and operated. If a store is unable or unwilling to assist with a warranty claim, Ashley’s corporate office can assist by notifying the store of their warranty obligations. We request that you consider contacting the Ashley Furniture Consumer Affairs Department. We are here to help!

View more comments (14)
Dallas, Texas
Ashley Furniture Chair
Beware the garbage these clowns sell and on everyone of these complaints you will notice a response from Tammy. Tammy is one of their employees, they even trying to scam you on this site. She has put that response their because of all the problems they have. Their own...

learn to spell and express yourself without the boyz in the hood lingo. if the store is below standards -give us the information without the idiotic diatribe.

i respect the other complaints. anyone that can't figure out the use of their and they are or they're i don't even consider.

View more comments
Maitland, Florida

Sold Furniture that fell apart in less then three months

We bought a new sofa and love seat nice mauve with the built in recliners on both, Didnt have them even three months and they started to fall apart , contacted the dealers and they did not respond , When they did they said I would have to pay to get them shipped,I really couldent afford to , so I had to get rid of the sofa it was way to bad to keep. You charging $1,800 for a piece of ***!!! We bought this in Meridian Idaho , I will never buy from Ashly Furniture. Thanks Ashly Furniture Dora Perez Of Idaho

I did extensive research on furniture before I bought 4 pieces for my living room. I could not afford all top-of-the-line furniture and knew Ashley was classified as low-end.

Therefore, I purchased one high-quality top-rated American-made piece elsewhere for $2,100 and the other three pieces for the room from Ashley for a total of $1,600 combined. The Ashley pieces are very pretty, but I don't expect them to last due to the fact that it is lower-end quality, which I knew going in.

I plan to furnish the whole room with quality furniture piece-by-piece over the next 5-10 years and to sit on the Ashley pieces as little as possible in the meantime so that they retain their appealing looks before I replace them. I think that's the way to build a room if you don't have $10,000 - $15,000 upfront for all high-end pieces.

ashley furniture is nothing but junk and the montage furniture services insurance is worthless. Very low quality furniture

Hey!! Rick you are a Jack ***

thats why you purchase the montage you dumb ***. it covers all of it, i have two of the couches, for four years now, leather, and no peeling

I have bought living room coffee table and three end tables. Loved them so much I bought a kitchen table to match.

I have had them for five years now. They are all looking just fine. None have falling apart. All tables need to be tighten up once in a while.

I am so pleased with Ashley furniture, that I was looking for a Homestore near me.

I don't like buying things out of a book. In a market for new living sofa.

THIS HAS HAPPEN TO ME ALSO. COFFEE TABLE FELL APART AFTER 1 MONTH.

TOOK 3 MONTHS TO GET ISSUE RESOLVED. SERVICE VERY POOR.

AND TAMMY YOUR Ashley Furniture Consumer Affairs Department IS A JOKE THEY DIDN'T DO NOTHING BUT TELL ME THEY WILL SEND AN E-MAIL FOR SOMEONE TO CONTACT ME. BUT THANKS FOR THE NON HELP JUST MAKE THE COURT CASE SWEETER.

Ususally, people don't buy furniture on impulse. Especially spending $1800.

You either can afford it, or you can't. Sounds like to me that you have a case of buyer's remorse and are looking for a way out of having to pay for it.

Arcadia, WI 54612

Here in Florida many people buy new furniture on credit and soon after sell the furniture in the newspaper. Of course they have committed contractual theft and turned over to the fraud department and collections. Sometimes they use the same complaint...furniture no good sold it.

View more comments (8)
ID
#112064 Review #112064 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Bellevue, Washington

Damaged table and chair

We bought a kitchen table and 8 chairs in late Nov. Was delivered 12-4-07 with the table having chips down the seam for the leaf & one of the chairs had a tear on the front edge. The delivery guys said someone would contact me about trading the table and the chair out. I got the call and a guy came however he wanted to repair not replace! We let him repair chips figuring if it wasn't to our liking we would definitely fight for a new table. Very much to our surprise the tech did a great job of repairing the chips. The tech told us we'd get a new cushion in 2 weeks shipped via UPS and we could remove the 4 screws and put the new cushion ourselves. Unless we wanted to call him back out to do the chair. The sad part to that was we already waited 2 weeks after our delivery to have this tech make the service call and figured we'd get the cushion on the same day we received it rather than waiting yet another 2 weeks for him to have *time* to get to us. (In hind sight, if this furniture company was reputable- why would they have the service techs so busy all the time that it takes 2 weeks before they are able to get to a customer!) Well it's now been 6 weeks and no cushion yet. The kicker is when we bought this set we did the 3 months same as cash thinking we didn't have to pay anything until right before the 3 onths were up...yet today I got a call from the credit card company saying I need to make a payment. I told them that the set was not taken care of to our satisfaction and until it was we would not pay. I've called the warehouse and he is looking into the matter and *suppose* to call me back. Will be interesting to hear what excuse they give me about where the cushion has been for 6 weeks!

We request that you consider contacting the Ashley Furniture Consumer Affairs Department. We are here to help! Our contact information is as follows:Email: consumeraffairs@***.comFax: 1-60*-***-****Phone: 1-80*-***-****, ext.

5013Mail: Ashley Furniture Industries, Inc. Attn: Consumer Affairs One Ashley Way Arcadia, WI 54612

Wow, I can't tell you how many times I've seen this type of situation. Ashley has horrible customer service and there seems to be no near correction to this problem.

I've worked for both Ashley and Levitz and both of them have horrible customer service. Levitz is finally going out of business and I firmly believe that it is largely due to the horrible customer service. Of course items can get damaged being shipped all the way from China or where ever, but it's how the company helps the consumer out after that that counts. Both of them get an "F" in that department.

VERY IMPORTANT!!! Be careful what you do with the monthly payment thing. That is almost always financed through a third party who doesn't care what's happening with you and Ashley (they want their money). I would just pay the minimum, save your credit, and fight Ashley seperately.

Best of luck to you. :grin :eek

View more comments (2)
ID
#112034 Review #112034 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Toledo, Ohio
Ashley Furniture Table
My experience with Ashleys furniture In Avondale az was horrible. I was also charged a 30% restocking fee for a Wood folding screen that did not work but we were told by the sales person that it would work for us. I will never purchase anything from Ashleys again....
ID
#111991 Review #111991 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Gilbert, Arizona

Ashley Furniture

We bought a reclining love seat in July 2007. One side of it is lower than the other side. A tech came out & put some foam in the back side of cushion & 2nd time said he couldn't fix it the couch was not designed to be sat on the way my husband sits. He has a bad back & alternates between sitting all the way back on the couch & sitting on the edge of the couch. Was told they weren't going to do a thing about it so we're stuck with a $1000.00 couch that looks like ***

ID
#111939 Review #111939 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Phoenix, Arizona

Ashley Red Durapella sofa sent to trash, company doesn't stand by their products or customers

My sofa has collapsed and is less then 2 years old. The sofa is touching the ground in the center. It is useless. It slowly started to sink after 6 months and before it hit the floor I contacted the company and extended warranty that I purchased is worthless. Extended warranty company said that my sofa has a manufacture defect and they don't cover that. Well, Ashley will not take responsibility either. I spent a lot of time on the phone, emailing, driving to the store to get relief. Finally someone came and overstuffed my cushions but the problem was not the cushions. The frame was collapsing. Now the cushions don't fit and slide off the sofa along with the broken frame. I can't get a resolution from anyone and customer service said there is nothing they can do because my warranty is up. My extended warranty won't cover. We are throwing out the sofa this week because our new sofa from a competitor is arriving on Friday. Yes, I just love throwing money away. Learned an expensive lesson
ID
#111933 Review #111933 is a subjective opinion of poster.
New York, New York

Ashley Furniture Customer Service

I was blessed by my employer with a generous bonous at the end of 2007, so I went to Ashley Furniture in Conroe, Tx, made a purchased of living room furniture. The furniture was delivered and the nightmare has begun!! The chair has the wrong feet and it looks like large high chair, Customer Svc says we will mail the new feet to your home, or wait I did not receive the sofa pillows either, that will take a mininum of 4 to 6 weeks to receive. No a happy camper!!! No resolution or a date of receiving proper feet.

Houston, Texas