Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show
We ordered our bedroom furniture June 21st and still have not received it. The store changes the delivery date on a regular basis. They cannot tell us when we will get our furniture. I called the store in Columbia, SC and was told it would be in August 30, then went in...

The HomeStores and authorized dealers that sell Ashley Furniture are independently owned and operated. We request that you consider contacting the store directly for assistance, if you are unable to get assistance from the store, please feel free to contact the Ashley Furniture Consumer Affairs Department, so we can assist you by contacting the store on your behalf.

Arcadia, WI 54612

You may also consider visiting our website, www.ashleyfurniture.com. Click on “Contact Us” at the bottom of the homepage.

Loss

Ashley Furniture review in Chicago, Illinois: Very unprofessional Peter!

As a business owner not related to Ashley - I'm appalled to see that Peter has responded to Tialand with such an unprofessional remark. Tialand is merely stating a problem/opinion and such a rude comment from Peter merely solidifies that there must be an issue with a particular Ashley Furniture owner and Peter should merely be reading Tialands issue and be a mature person and do something to correct the problem. Peter has made Ashley Furniture and himself look disrespectful, immature, and very unprofessional! A respectible business person would take this situation and correct it not make it worse
smartbusinessperson

You are so correct...maybe Peter should take some business classes

Review

Ashley Furniture review in Washington, District Of Columbia: Not perfect but still the best

I have been on both sides of these situations. I am not employed by Ashley furniture. But I have over 9 years experience in the retail furniture business. I have delivered, sold, and managed at different stores. I have also dealt with over 35 different vendors ranging from high end to low end. Furniture breaks sometimes and it can be from a variety of things. Some of it is because of misuse or abuse. Sometimes the climate causes wood to swell or bow. Some knots in wood can cause frames to break. I have seen obvious manufactures defects. And I have seen customer neglect. And I have seen damage caused because of delivery people not doing their job correctly. Ashley furniture corp. provides retail stores with resources that are unheard of in many companies. They do the best job of providing replacement parts, shipping them as quickly as possible and even in some cases, replacing the product completely. As Tammy keeps saying, each store is independently owned and operated. Each store owner writes the policies and is responsible for taking care of their customers. AS consumers is it important that we are knowledgeable about what we are purchasing even if its a small purchase. We should ask questions, do our homework and make sure we know what we are getting in to. As salespeople we should also make sure we provide the customer with all the right answers. We should know the product we sell anyone and make sure not to mislead anyone. If you don't know, find out. Don't lie to the customer! Or tell them what they want to hear. We should be honest in our business and do all we can to make sure they are satisfied. Ashley strives to be the best furniture company! and compared to the other vendors, they are. No manufacturing company is perfect. Because they are human beings working in them. All anyone can do is read the fine print, ask questions, and save the receipt!!!!!!!!
Review

Ashley Furniture review in Miami, Florida: They fired me because I was pregnant!

I was terminated from Ashley Furniture 8 weeks before my son was born......the excuse being I was not a "team player." I was only given part time hours and begged for full time to have a little more money when my son was born. I was employed as a cashier and would always look and ask to help and perform duties that weren't part of my job! None of the other cashiers did half of what I did and probably made more money too. One coworker told me that when the manager found out I was pregnant that I was going to get fired b/c they don't like babys born out of wedlock! Sure enough about two weeks after I anounced my pregnancy (I was @ 4 months along) I started getting written up for *** things like going to the bathroom too much(hello I was pregnant with gestational diabetes), sending a customer to another cashier that wasn't busy at the time b/c my computer was froze up, and drinking Ashley water!! The day after thanksgiving sale they had me work from 5:30am to 12:00am with only a 10 min break!!!Isn't that against the law? Did I mention I was 6 months pregnant at the time and had developed gestational diabetes that they knew about!! I told them several times that I needed to sit down and take a break but I was ignored. Everyone else got a break but the pregnant lady and I ended up being the last name pulled out of the hat to leave a little earlier! I asked to speak with the manager several times about harrassment from my coworkers and other ongoing issues but the only time she made herself available was to fire me! After all this my baby was born 5 weeks early due to stress most likely. They are lucky he was born healthy! I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR FROM ANYONE WITH SIMILAR ISSUES. SOMETHING IS GOT TO BE DONE ABOUT THESE PEOPLE!

ARE U A HOT MILF?

Mafiagodfather, this woman is putting down the other cashiers saying that they did not go out of their way to do things. She is saying that the other cashiers did not do half the work she did.

What kind of "team player" puts other co-workers down to make her self look better than them.

She does not know how to work as a team it is all about her. Even as a parent she and the father have to work as a team.

Sorry that emphasis of the word IS ILLEGAL was directed at Jason not at Lee/Liz because Jason does not get the concept that it is illegal. Just one thing, Lee/Liz you don't know your baby was born early due to stress, there could be lots of reasons, some unexplained.

I don't think five weeks early is damaging. I also expect that when you are pregnant you face lots of stress anyway, however you can't hold them accountable for the baby being born early.

Wow Jason, I sure don't hope you get jury duty or become a judge because you already judge someone without hearing the full facts, without the evidence. We don't know if Liz/Lee is being honest or not, that is up to the courts to decide.

Lee/Liz on the day that they gave you a ten minute break for 17 hours of work you should have just walked off and taken your break.

What they are doing IS ILLEGAL. Sometimes big companies push people around because they think they can.

Like I said LEE you need to grow up and tell THE WHOLE STORY. You are a mother now and need to GROW UP and act like one.

I fell sorry for your son. Stop acting like a child. I bet if you were not pregnant you would use something else as a reason you got fired. (Skin colour, religion, ect) Go submit your case to court.

Don't come crying when you lose. In court both sides of the story will be heard. They will provide all the evidence that you are not a team player. You are a parent, start acting more mature.

Your child depands on you to act your age. I don't work for Ashley Furniture. However you are a disgrunted an ex employee would make such childish claims just because she was a bad team player. There is lots of things you need to learn kiddo before you raise that child.

Also as a parent you have a responsibility to watch out and do what is best for your child and that includes things like taking care of yourself when you are pregnant. I doubt very much you only got a ten minute break. The other employees would notice the awful treatment you were getting.

You just want people to feel sorry for you. Good luck in parenting you need it.

Apparently Jason Tillo is one of those kiss *** employees of Ashley Furniture. I enjoyed my job and worked to my highest potential pregnant or not.

But have you ever heard of a little term called "reasonable accomodation"? And what about the day I worked 18 hours with one 10 minute break? Thats against the law in case you weren't aware. Pregnant or not I did everything I was supposed to do and more and was wrongfully terminated.

As to the comment about how I could have left if I were so unhappy.....who is going to employ a woman who is 6 to 7 months pregnant?? Ashley has a terrible reputation as well as furniture.

My story above is honest and I have evidence to prove it! I'd like to see you Jason Tillo when I submit my case in court!

For goodness sakes you are not a mother, isn't it about time you grew up and started acting like an adult. You have responsibilities to take.

If you were not pregnant and got fired what excuse would you have used then. If it was really that bad before you quit than why did you stay why not find another job. I doubt the whole story is true there must be things you are not telling us. If this was really stressing you out and you were concerned about the health of your unborn child you should have quit.

Also you say they are lucky the baby was born healthy. It is not their fault he was born five weeks early.

Why not grow up and take responsibility for your actions, tell the whole truth. You are a mother you son depends on you to act like an adult.

View more comments (6)
Review

Ashley Furniture review in Aliquippa, Pennsylvania: Debunked our bunks.

my wife and i bought a set of bunk beds at the Johnstown pa store on July 9 08. we received delivery on July 22. when the service men tried to put them together parts were missing. also in trying to assemble it they damaged and broke several wood panels. they (Ashley's) told us they had to send a tech to check it out.when the tech got here he didn't even know what he was suppose to do. after checking it out he said he was going to recommend all new hardware and new panels be sent. this was on Aug 6Th on Aug 18 after not hearing from them i called them i was told all parts were shipped and would come directly to me.some of the parts showed up on the 22ND. on the 25Th i called again. i was then told it could be 4 weeks before i would received all the parts. they than offered 100.00 in store credit. i told them i would never shop at Ashley's again. and to solve the problem they could come get them and give me my money back. to which i was told i would be charged a 30% restocking fee. i told them i would send this letter to consumer protection and see what they had to say. all of these calls were to customer care at 1 888 822 2444. i just talked to the Johnstown store and was told it would be 2 weeks before all the parts would be here. in the mean time my wife is 37 weeks pregnant.my sons toys and stuff are in the hall and sun room and our life is a shambles. what do we do? Robert n weimer 912 north Broadway st Berlin pa 15530.

11 17 STILL DEBUNKED

9-19 08 still debunked

Should have payed by store credit!!!!

To assist Mr. Weimer, I have forwarded his concerns directly to the head of Customer Care for the Johnstown, PA HomeStore.

If you or anyone you know is having an issue, please refer to the following.

View more comments (3)
Ashley Furniture Furniture Set

Ashley Furniture

We were so happy to have a new furniture store in town. Ashley Furniture opened early in July (2008). As soon as we had the chance, we went to check the store out. We liked the furniture, so purchased a bedroom set for our daughter. Later in the day, we had to cancel one piece as it wouldn't fit in the room. A new total was given to us, so we wrote a new check. A week later, we changed our mind, so canceled the rest of the order. We were told that a refund would take up to two weeks to process. Here it is, more than a month later, and we still haven't seen a refund, yet they claimed we would have it several days ago. What a joke! I am trying to get a report filed with the Better Business Bureau as I called today (August 25, 2008)to check on the refund and was told I'd have it by the end of the week. I doubt it will be here! My advice to anyone buying furniture is to not buy from Ashley Furniture.

Ashley Furniture review in Wichita Falls, Texas: Ashley furnishing

I purchased a combo pkg of a loveseat ,sofa,end tables,coffee table.And I was assured it was leather but guess what its not because its peeling and the warranty company said it was not covered under their terms.I will not ever step foot in that store again here in Wichita Falls,Texas This is a letter of warning for all consumers and I hope they will go out of business if not they should I would like to turn them over to the better business bureau and anyone else that could help!!! Thank You Signed Pissed off Consumer

Ashley Furniture Warranty
Loss
My wife and I spent a considerable amount of money at Ashley Furniture located at Jensen Beach Florida on October 2005. After 1 year and two months into ownership of our sectional leather sofa the leather began to peel off of the sofa and the springs in the back of...

I would recommend for you to get a complaint form readily available at your state's consumer protection dept at Attorney General's office and fill it out. They will set up an inspection of your product as well as other products at their store and their business practices and customer care polices.

They can not guarantee that you will get your money back or a replacement, but for the store management it will be a drag!

Dealing with all that paperwork and inspectors is not a pleasant expirience! Trust me, I'm speaking from my own expirience :zzz

View more comments
Ashley Furniture Sofa

Ashley Furniture= A Headache

I recently purchased a dining room set from Ashley Furniture. After that experience you would think I was a glutton for punishment. But, I saw a sette that matched it exactly. So, I purchased the piece, the deliverymen walked 3 steps into my house and it was in place. The deliveryman handed me the invoice and I signed it. Big mistake! I had to wait 2 months for my furniture before due to defects. Now, I have a deeply scratched sette, and they don't want to replace it. I have to wait over 2 weeks for a "tech" to come and fix it. After paying a ridiculous amount of money for a small bench. I would think it would be replaced immediately, with no questions asked. Especially when I notified them of the damaged less than an hour from when the deliverymen left!
Review
#132004 Review #132004 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Ashley Furniture Furniture Set

Ashley Furniture 13.000 dollars falling apart.

I purchased about 13000 dollars worth of junk from Ashley Furniture in Pineville, NC. Sept 06. From day one when the assembly screws on the dining room table came through the top of the table, I have had nothing but problems. I purchased the 5 yr protection plan. What the salesperson said was everything from accidents to Manufacturers defects were covered. Shame on me for not reading the fine print. I was lied to by the sales person Mike DiTomasso. Now the veneer is lifting on my kitchen table, the kitchen chairs are falling apart , the leather couch is coming apart, and none of this is covered by guardian since they are all manufacturers defects. I called the store and complained, since the furniture is out of Ashley's "see ya later" warranty, they gave me the number of a local furniture repair guy. Anyone reading this. If you are thinking of buying furniture from Ashley, please do not. It may look good on the showroom floor, however, when you get it delivered it will fall apart from day one. The pricing and financing are attractive. In this case you do not even get what you pay for. It is only my wife and I, so i fiquered "how bad could it be?" Man was I wrong.....

Review
#131997 Review #131997 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Ashley Furniture Table