furniture store customer service customer service ashley delivery money manager warranty

Ashley Furniture - Where's my furniture?

On Jan.15, 2008 we purchased a bedroom set for over $4,000. (first time bought $4K in Living Room furniture without incident.) We have not received any furniture to date 2/8/08. We were told our CA King box springs & mattress only will be delivered tomorrow. It has been a nightmare trying to get straight answers on where our furniture is. I have called & written the main office in WI to only discover the store I dealt with is privately owned. So....does that mean I do not deserve good customer service? AUCH! I will not buy from Ashley again.

Chance are once you do get your funriture it will be damaged

I was just going to buy a 4,000 bedroom set at Ashley's...no more. I do not need any problems, there is so many furniture stores in the area that I will look around.

There is nothing more important to me than good customer service and those generic e-mails from Tammy02....no thanks. I do not want to be just another statistic.

Tammy

Due to the fact that the person who submitted a post on this site did not use their real name, we have no way of knowing if they actually contacted AFI for assistance. Therefore, if we do not hear from a consumer, we are unable to assist.

Tammy

The HomeStores and authorized dealers that sell Ashley Furniture are independently owned and operated. We request that you consider contacting the Ashley Furniture Consumer Affairs Department, so we can assist you and the store in reaching an acceptable resolution.

Our contact information is as follows:

Email: consumeraffairs@ashleyfurniture.com

Fax: 1-608-323-6139

Phone: 1-800-477-2222, ext. 5013

Mail: Ashley Furniture Industries, Inc.

Attn: Consumer Affairs

One Ashley Way

Arcadia, WI 54612

You may also consider visiting our website, www.ashleyfurniture.com. Click on “Contact Us” at the bottom of the homepage.

We are here to help!

I ordered my furniture (living room set, dining room set & 3 bedroom sets) around the 2nd weekend in August. According to the salesman EVERYTHING I ordered was on back-order and my furniture would take around 4-6 weeks to deliver.

This was not a big deal to me at the time as I was moving the 3rd weekend in August and wouldn't have to move it to my new house. However when I called around the 3rd weekend in September I was told my furniture would not be ready until the 1st week in October. I was told all of my furniture was on hold for one bedroom set that was still on back-order. So the 1st week in October I called and they informed me that my order had been shipped from the manufacturer to the warehouse, but they were still waiting on the back-ordered bedroom set.

By this time I was getting a little annoyed as I host Thanksgiving at my house and I didn't even know if I would have any furniture (I sold my old furniture when I moved). From this point on I called once a week every week and was informed every time that they were still waiting on my back-ordered bedroom set (and speaking with the store manager gets you absolutely no where). Finally sometime around the middle of the 2nd week in November I received all of my furniture. From beginning to end this ordeal lasted 13 1/2 weeks for something I was told would only take 4-6 weeks.

I can guarantee you that I will never again do business with Ashley's furniture. They have absolutely no customer service skills and once they make the sale the customer no longer matters.

View more comments (4)
Loss
oct of 06 i purchased a home office suite. upon delivery, the drivers failed to bring in one piece of the wall unit and told me it had been damaged. these drivers set up what they had, called the warehouse they delivered from and got a date of delivery for the missing...

Nice to see a good comment about Ashley Furniture. I'm glad to know there are still some understanding people out there who don't blow up at every little issue and handle things like sane adults.

Ashley is not as bad as people make them out to be. When you sell and deliver as much as they do there is bound to be some problems.

Ashley Furniture Furniture Set
I'm a shift worker, with days off on odd days of the week. When the Ashley representative called and arranged to come by yesterday (Tuesday, the 5th of February) I said sure because it was a normal day off for me. But if I'd worked overtime, it was counted as a...

Service
Ashley Furniture Delivery Service

Ashley Furniture Tigers Promo ! Scam ??????

We went to Ashleys in Southaven MS on Sunday Feb 3rd to get a chance of free mattress win the Memphis Tigers win the National Championship. Well oL Les their sales rep said I credit was denied. We knew better and told him to do it again he did it was the wrong SS number. Needless to say the finance company denied it thinking someone was trying a scam. Well Monday morning after the promo was over and the customer rush was gone Ol' Les called and said we were approved with flying color. If you were denied By Ashley on Feb 3 and then approved Feb 4th let us know.
Ashley Furniture Mattress

Ashley Furniture Tigers Promo ! Scam ??????

We are curious how many people went to Ashley Furniture on Sunday Feb 3rd to get in on the Tiger promo and got turned down on their credit? But miraculous was approved on Monday after the promo. Let us know by way of this site and we all can ban together. We went there to get free Simmons Classic Indigo mattress when the Memphis Tigers win the National Championship. However, Les, Ashley's sales rep had alot of customers and I think if everything was not perfect he was just going on tho the next one. So when he reran our credit on Monday when he didnot have any customers we were approved. Go Figure.

Thanks for advising us about this horrible, and low ethics company. I will never buy form them. NEVER!

Ashley Furniture Mattress

Ashley furniture is the worst ever!!!!

I have never dealt with such a horrible company.My bed I purchased was shipped incomplete on 01/20/08 and as of 02/05/08 we still have only 90% of a bed. They want me to pay 30% return fee for their mistake, Nice!!! Customer service sucks, you dont deal with the individual store, they dont care at all. Once you give them the money, they make you deal with a poor excuse of a customer service department! This is in Utah and its a brand new store in our Area. I would rather shop at ikea (whom I dont like either) Than this rat hole of a store!!!

Anyone out there in Chico (Butte COunty) that has been defrauded by Ashley contact the Butte County District Attorney at (530) 538-2046. Jos Van Hout is looking into the matter at my request - I know there are a lot of you out there waiting months for refunds that may not come- this is fran -pure and simple. File a complaint on line and talk to the DA, too.

(530) 538-2046

Ashley Furniture stores in Roseville, Chico and REdding are all owned by the same lousy owners who could care less about the customers. I bought my furniture May 2009 and still havent gotten a refund!

They are the worst!

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM ANY OF THESE STORES!! THEY WILL ROB YOU OF YOUR MONEY.

Guess you could say it all depends on the owner of the store.My sister and brother in law bought a living room set and bed room set.They had a problem and the Springfield Missouri store made sure they where taken care asap.The customer service treated them great.It all comes down to the owner.And its sad to see others go through hoops for the rite service. :)

omg!!!! I went online to look at Ashley's living room suits.

I liked the advertisement on tv. I read so many complaints that caused alot of concern. But when I read the way they treat thier employees. DONE DEAL!!!

I will not purchase a thing from Any store that treat thier employees this unfairly. SHAME ON YOU

1st of all you should have paid 1/2 down

and 1/2 on delivery. Now that makes more sense.

also contact Ashley direct they are helpful some stores have poor help.

I am very happy with my Ashley products very good value. They are number 1 in sales in the US

Once they get your money they don't care.

what a lame attempt to try to regain your lost customer base TammyO2! You need to start with good customer service and follow through with these poor people not give them the run around.

Hey Tammy, Your Consumer affairs dept does nothing either but, mimic the response from the store, The whole company needs damage control...I live in chico CA area...it took me from day of purchase 3/29/09 till 7/13/09 to get my money back ridiculous..........i spoke to customer service at least 4 times during that period and they did not help....but comments regarding contacting you is

BS.

If you think that the customer service was bad, you should see how employees get treated by management. I wouldn't be surprised if they have 100% turn over of the entire work force every 6 months.

This comment is in reguards to the Salt Lake Warehouse that services the Salt Lake and Layton stores.

The Management preaches professionalism, and at the same time, crucifies the employees with any personal issues they have arise. Adds offer promotion potential but there is no follow through with any promises, only lures.

Well I also believe Ashley Furniture is the worst ever. I ordered two loft beds on 7/5/08 and still don't have all the parts and its 9/19/08.

They keep ordering the wrong parts even though I specifically go over each part I need every time I speak to them. The manager Craig has screwed up the order twice now. He keeps saying I got a deal better than anyone on these beds. He keeps adding in parts I didn't freakin order.

You can't be serious that these guys are good. And as for contacting their Consumer Affairs dept. I got an individual that couldn't spell or make a complete sentence to tell me I had to deal with the manager after explaining in the email I already had. What a joke.

This store needs some management that cares about the consumer or they should be fined for the abuse I had to go through. I'm reporting this on every blog I can and the BBB.

View more comments (16)
Ashley Furniture Bed
Loss
I wished I had gone on-line to research furniture companies before I bought anything from Ashley Furniture of Tyler, Texas. Apparently, they have a history of screwing their customers. I ordered a chair on 1/15/08 and they said they couldn't get it in until...

I agree.In Amarillo i am having a problems with a mattress i was told i could try for 3 months with no charge.Very unprofessional store.

Ashley Furniture Chair
Beware the garbage these clowns sell and on everyone of these complaints you will notice a response from Tammy. Tammy is one of their employees, they even trying to scam you on this site. She has put that response their because of all the problems they have. Their own...

learn to spell and express yourself without the boyz in the hood lingo. if the store is below standards -give us the information without the idiotic diatribe.

i respect the other complaints. anyone that can't figure out the use of their and they are or they're i don't even consider.

Review

Sold Furniture that fell apart in less then three months | Ashley Furniture review from Bellevue, Washington

We bought a new sofa and love seat nice mauve with the built in recliners on both, Didnt have them even three months and they started to fall apart , contacted the dealers and they did not respond , When they did they said I would have to pay to get them shipped,I really couldent afford to , so I had to get rid of the sofa it was way to bad to keep. You charging $1,800 for a piece of ***!!! We bought this in Meridian Idaho , I will never buy from Ashly Furniture. Thanks Ashly Furniture Dora Perez Of Idaho

I did extensive research on furniture before I bought 4 pieces for my living room. I could not afford all top-of-the-line furniture and knew Ashley was classified as low-end.

Therefore, I purchased one high-quality top-rated American-made piece elsewhere for $2,100 and the other three pieces for the room from Ashley for a total of $1,600 combined. The Ashley pieces are very pretty, but I don't expect them to last due to the fact that it is lower-end quality, which I knew going in.

I plan to furnish the whole room with quality furniture piece-by-piece over the next 5-10 years and to sit on the Ashley pieces as little as possible in the meantime so that they retain their appealing looks before I replace them. I think that's the way to build a room if you don't have $10,000 - $15,000 upfront for all high-end pieces.

ashley furniture is nothing but junk and the montage furniture services insurance is worthless. Very low quality furniture

Hey!! Rick you are a Jack ***

thats why you purchase the montage you dumb ***. it covers all of it, i have two of the couches, for four years now, leather, and no peeling

I have bought living room coffee table and three end tables. Loved them so much I bought a kitchen table to match.

I have had them for five years now. They are all looking just fine. None have falling apart. All tables need to be tighten up once in a while.

I am so pleased with Ashley furniture, that I was looking for a Homestore near me.

I don't like buying things out of a book. In a market for new living sofa.

THIS HAS HAPPEN TO ME ALSO. COFFEE TABLE FELL APART AFTER 1 MONTH.

TOOK 3 MONTHS TO GET ISSUE RESOLVED. SERVICE VERY POOR.

AND TAMMY YOUR Ashley Furniture Consumer Affairs Department IS A JOKE THEY DIDN'T DO NOTHING BUT TELL ME THEY WILL SEND AN E-MAIL FOR SOMEONE TO CONTACT ME. BUT THANKS FOR THE NON HELP JUST MAKE THE COURT CASE SWEETER.

BB

Ususally, people don't buy furniture on impulse. Especially spending $1800.

You either can afford it, or you can't. Sounds like to me that you have a case of buyer's remorse and are looking for a way out of having to pay for it.

The HomeStores and authorized dealers that sell Ashley Furniture are independently owned and operated. If a store is unable or unwilling to assist with a warranty claim, Ashley’s corporate office can assist by notifying the store of their warranty obligations. We request that you consider contacting the Ashley Furniture Consumer Affairs Department. We are here to help!

Our contact information is as follows:

Email: consumeraffairs@ashleyfurniture.com

Fax: 1-608-323-6139

Phone: 1-800-477-2222, ext. 5013

Mail: Ashley Furniture Industries, Inc.

Attn: Consumer Affairs

One Ashley Way

Arcadia, WI 54612

Here in Florida many people buy new furniture on credit and soon after sell the furniture in the newspaper. Of course they have committed contractual theft and turned over to the fraud department and collections. Sometimes they use the same complaint...furniture no good sold it.

View more comments (8)
Review
#112064 Review #112064 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Ashley Furniture Sofa
Loss
We bought a kitchen table and 8 chairs in late Nov. Was delivered 12-4-07 with the table having chips down the seam for the leaf & one of the chairs had a tear on the front edge. The delivery guys said someone would contact me about trading the table and the chair...

Review
#112034 Review #112034 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Ashley Furniture Table