Clearwater, Florida

Now that I'm on here I see this is a recurring issue for Ashley.

On 3/29 I ordered an "Ashley" mattress and motorized base for $3,000. They set the delivery date to 4/10 and on 4/8 confirmed that delivery would be 4/10 between 12:30 and 4:30. On 4/10 they call me to inform me that I need to confirm my delivery date for 4/14.

Now I gave my bed away this morning expecting the new one, I took today off of work and can't take any more the rest of the month but here's the kicker. When I called the store they told me they'd see if another customer ordered the same bed and they'd see if they could grab one. So basically, there's a very good chance that another "angry" customer yelled loud yesterday and got my mattress.

To make matters worse, they won't try and replace the order with another mattress that is in stock even if I had to pay more and they're offering me $100 gift certificates or waiving the delivery fee. That's simply insulting. Kudos to Ashley for perfecting the "Just In Time" inventory control system, *** for us the consumers because one burp in their system and you become less important to them than a couple of days of interest they would have paid to have a couple mattresses on hand.

I've always bought locally through small stores and this time I am regretting not doing that big time. At least a small local store would give more than 4 hours notice that your goods aren't being delivered and would bend over backwards to make it right. The last time something like this happened locally they cut $500 off the order and gave me a free 10 year warranty and repair plan.

Buy local, Ashley is obviously too big to care.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ashley Furniture Customer Care.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Comments