Chicago, Illinois

Bought a microfiber sectional in chocolate brown color for almost $850. 13 days after the 1 year warrenty expired I set a pair of folded jeans on one section of it and hear a loud pop.

Sure enough the springs had shot through the bottom of the couch in 2 places ripping the fabric and pushed up on the fabric above ready to pop. The piece is unusable and due to their 5 year limited warrenty all that is covered is the springs themselves. I have to cover all of the labor and shipping if applicable etc. The original store I bought it from couldn't tell me who to call since I had moved to a different state.

After locating a local store they gave me a 1-800 # to call in this specific situation. The couch broke on a Saturday night and I called both places Sunday and of course the 1-800 # is closed on Sundays. The furniture is so cheap and the piece that broke was the one of the two that was used much less.

Go figure. Do not waste your money on this nonsense.

Comments

I bought a couch from Ashley once. I liked the service so I went back.

As I walked in the door and I saw the guy that I bought my couch from. He told me that there was no one there to help me. Not thinking I said, "OK' I walked around and saw another sales person. She asked me if I had been helped.

I said, "No, Tree told me that there was no one here to help me." She had a quizzical look on her face and asked " Did he now". I said "Yes" and she left. Next thing I know, the sales guy found me and said " I wasn't trying to avoid helping you We rotate sales people so that everyone can get a chance to get a commission. Still gullible me was like "OK".

The straw that broke the camel's back is when I went to an early sale that they had. I had received a special invite via U.S. mail. So I went early.

One sales man was sitting at the entrance, and he asked me, " Who are you here to see?" Really! I will NEVER shop in that racist store again!

Ashley Furniture Reviews