La Porte, Texas

On 01/31/15 my wife and I selected a whole bedroom set, king bed with under bed storage, 2 night stands, dresser w/mirror, and chest of drawers. We requested delivery on 03/03/15.

The saleman told us they had the items in stock and would hold them for delivery. On Friday 02/27/15 I received a call from Ashley Customer Care stating there was a delay from the manufacturer on 1 of the night stands and that they would deliver everything but the 1 night stand on 03/03/15 and deliver the 2nd night stand a week later on 03/10/15. After thinking about it over the weekend, I became somewhat angry, so I went to the store to see the store manager. I was told he was on a conference call and would be with me in a minute.

20 minutes later he came from his office and I explained that I was not happy that the salesman lied and they did not hold the furniture for me. The store manager then passed me off to an assistant. After the girl at the "service" desk checked, it was determined that there was a delay, I was told that I would only be receiving the bed and the chest of drawers. No dresser, or either night stand.

After checking further they told me I could get everything delivere at once if I waited until 03/12/15. On Monday 03/09/15 I received another call on my answering maching from their "customer care" department stating that there was further delay and could they reschedule the deliver for 03/19/15. I was furious as they had awakened me as I work nights and the salesman had remarks on the invoice not to call until late afternoon.

Within 2 minutes I got out of bed and attempted to call them back. I was on hold for 29 minutes and 23 seconds before I finally hung up.

I got dressed immediately and went to the store. Again the manager was on a "conference call" and the assistant I had dealt with before was summoned. After explaining the situation to him, he went into the managers office. They both came out and the manager had the girl behind the counter check the status of the order.

He never even spoke to me. After looking into their system the manager went back to his office supposedly to make a call to determine what was going on. He never returned and I was told by the girl behind the counter that he was again "supposeldy on a conference call trying to determine the status. Next thing I know, I was being told that nobody know what was happening.

I was eventually told that I could wait for future delivery, choose a different bedroom set, or get a refund. After talking with my wife, we decided on a different bedroom set. The price was $476 more that what I had originally spent and the were unwilling to give any kind of discount for my inconvience. I then selected to receive a refund which they say will take 4-5 days.

Again, DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY, you will most likely have the same experience that we had and almost everyone else has had.

The saleman lied, the store manager didn't seem to care. You will not get any satisfaction

Product or Service Mentioned: Ashley Furniture Customer Care.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Comments