Virginia Beach, Virginia

I am from Virginia Beach and have known that Grand Furniture sells poor quality furniture at a high price and on top of that they have horrific service. SO, I went to the new store Ashley Furniture. I was in the store for 20 mins before a salesperson even spoke to me. That should have been my first clue! The furniture looked nice and the price was ok. HOWEVER, they told me it would be here in 2 weeks then it became a month. No one bothered to keep in contact with me and then wouldn't return my calls.

One day I just happened to be home and my furniture shows up! BROKEN! the driver said he had to leave it and I would have to call the store. When I did they told me I had to call a service dept. IT WAS THE SAME SERVICE DEPT AS GRAND FURNITURE! (had talked to the same person with my Grand issues) I asked her and she confirmed Ashley Furniture and Grand Furniture are the SAME COMPANY!

AND OF COURSE i HAD TO LIVE WITH MY BROKEN FURNITURE FOR ANOTHER MONTH!

Im sure this owner thought he could fix his poor rep by opening a new place that looks better, but until you fix the inner workings, and the horrible service in all depts.

ASHLEY will still end up the same as GRAND.

NOTHING BUT *** ALL THE WAY AROUND!

Don't waste your time with either store you will regret it!

GO TO Haverty's and save yourself a headache.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ashley Furniture Owner.

Comments

I agree with you 100%

Funny thing about that ... I bought my sofa and chair from the Ashley in VA Beach and now, less than 2 years later, the foam in the sofa started sagging to the point that I can't sit in the middle of my sofa.

I have to make sure I sit on the sides.

They failed to mention that the "extended warranty" that I purchased would not cover the foam or anything that had to do with the cushions on the sofa but were very quick to assure me that the warranty would cover ANYTHING wrong with the furniture and that their supertastic foam (that only they use btw) would NEVER sag or lose its form.

Off to IKEA I go to shop for furniture I can keep for 20+ years if need be.

Ashley Furniture Reviews