Madison, Wisconsin

We bought a 5 piece leather grouping and spent extra for the 5 year warranty. We were told that no matter what the furniture would be fixed or replaced, so with kids and dogs we thought what a great piece of mind.

Well low and behold 1 1/2 years later our couch literally fell apart to no fault of ours. I called the warranty department and of course it is a structurally defect and they won't cover it, now i am fighting with Ashley.

What is funny is we have furniture 10 years old that we bought from Montgomery Wards and it's fine!

Product or Service Mentioned: Ashley Furniture Warranty.

Monetary Loss: $2000.

Comments

I bought a bed from roomful express and I bought the mattress protector which covered cigarette burns bed bugs spills etc. when my bed got a cigarette burn on the mattress protector that whent through onto the bed ultra shield did not want to honor theyre warranty by replacing my bed they wanted to send me another mattress protector which I did not want because the first one didn't work in the first place. The warranty said that if any of these things occure they would replace the mattress if it could not be cleaned, and now they're not only replacing the mattress but they're telling me to show them where they said they would do this the saleman showed me a water test and a cigatette burn test on the mattress protector that did not go through so I thought I was getting a good deal by buying this mattress protector but I wasnt because they don't want to honor the warranty

Scam is Ultra Shield Leather Care. Not necessarily Ashley.

Ours is Flex-Steel, got the same response as others, basically told me to "stick it where the sun doesn't shine". Total gyp, if you read the warranty, it's worthless anyway.

Ulrta Shield-what a scam. I called them and first they told me I had multiple damage spots as I had a small tear in the back and my cushions were cracking so they would not repair it.

When I disputed that they told me they could not fix it as I did not order THEIR leather cleaner to clean and protect my couch.

It just says use leather cleaner not Ultra Shield leather cleaner. They should not be allowed to sell warranties.

#204086

Ultra shield is a joke. everytime i call to make a claim they beat around the bush and tell me to use the product they sent me to clean a stain.

months later i finally got someone out here to my house to clean the couch and he only cleaned one cushion. ultra shield gets a thumbs down from me

When I filed my claim everything was good, it did take them a moment to send someone out, but the wait was worth it I had a chocolate stain that was completely removed and I was satisfied.

I am getting no where with Ultra Shield. The furniture store talked me into buying their ten year warranty because we have children and it covers everything.

So when my son wet the couch, I called and there was no one there, days later I got ahold of them for them to tell me that since I touched it with a wet rag and a lil bit of dish soap, i didn't follow warranty instructions and they are not going to cover it. So then again my other son spills cappucino on it and I call them and they advise me to get it out MYSELF!! If it doesn't come out, then call them back. Well it didn't come out and it is 2 wks later and still no sign of them cuz they are having trouble locating someone in this area to come and do it.

What a joke. WHat did I pay this money for if they tell me to take it out myself? And why is it ok for me to clean one stain, but not another??? I am fuming at this company and have reported them to the BBB and I am taking it up with the Furniture store I bought it thru.

I am glad I am not the only one with bad experience with Ultra Shield.

Did you know that they have been reported to the BBB 74 times in the last 3 years??? FIGURES!!

Roomful Express owns the Johnstown and Altoona PA ashley stores. I personally would never buy furniture from anyone associated with R.H. Kuhn co (roomful express furniture). The sales staff say whatever they feel will close the sale and they don't tell most customers that their furniture can take more than 15 business days to arrive, then depending on area, another 2 weeks to deliver.

They do all these drastic cost cutting maneuvers (like eliminating jobs and cutting hourly workers hours) then wonder why people are shopping elsewhere because service is so bad there.

I will stick with a more stable company like Levin's. I've had 2 terrible experiences with Roomful Express and don't plan on giving them another chance to screw up another order.

I have been trying for several days to get in touch with Ultra Shield and am put on hold for over 20 minutes before I am able to leave a message. I am so angry that I fell for that ripoff and mad at the furniture store for selling it to me.

Their a bunch of criminals and that is my real name

I bought $8,000 in Ashley furniture the past year from Roomful Express. The couch had to be replaced twice in the first 30 days of delivery ( no biggy, hope it lasts though).

On both the livingroom & bedroom I bought the warranty because the salespeople made it sound like such a great deal. What I'm pist about is the bedroom furniture is less that a yr old and needs some tending to. Ultra Shield refuses to uphold their "promise". They claim "policies" that are nowhere to be viewed by public eye.

I'm gald I came across this site because I'm seriously considering a class action lawsuit. Steve I feel your pain on contacting a live person, because I am having the same problem.

#19454

I bought a sofa and two recliner set from Ashley's in South Burlington and purchased the warranty as well. We've been pretty lucky because the furniture's been good, but now I'm having an issue with the springs on the sofa.

I went to call the company as the salesman had told us. The store has since closed down and all the warranty info I have is no longer valid - all the records are gone.

The store should have notified customers that they were closing down and how to handle warranty work.

So far the headquarters has had no answer for me. I'm giving them a week and if I'm not happy, I'll go right to the Consumerist.

Ummm, I DID use my real name. Thanks for the SPAM response.

This just shows you exactly what Ashley considers "customer service".

F Ashley. Don't buy from them.

I have had many issues that are very similar with both Ashley and Ultrashield. Not only did Ashley repeatedly not deliver or deliver the wrong furniture, but their customer service doesnt exist.

Talking to a VP didn't even help until I threatened to sue. Ultrashield is even more of a joke, and you can't get in touch with a live person. If you report your claim within 5 days it doesn't count unless it's documented with a person, not a message, but even the operator will not put you in touch with a person. Ashley no longer uses Ultrashield, and probably for this reason.

However, when you contact them they say there is a person with the company that handles issues with them. No matter what time or day you call, she isn't available, and has yet to return any one of 10+ messages. Not getting return calls from either company on my claim I filed a report with the AG of KY (where Ultrashield/Jondy Chemicals is located) and a dispute with the BBB. Even the BBB couldn't get in touch with them for 3 months.

Finally I somehow managed to push buttons and get the president on the phone. His assistant has been working with me, but they tried to void my warranty by offering a refund so they wouldnt be liable, and still will not honor the claim, but a negotiation is in progress.

I am currently preparing the small claims suit papers against both Ashley and Jondy/Ultrashield just in case, and I doubt they'll work with me. In short, do NOT buy from Ashley and do not ever buy an Ultrashield warranty.

Due to the fact that the person who submitted a post on this site did not use their real name, we have no way of knowing if they actually contacted AFI for assistance. Therefore, if we do not hear from a consumer, we are unable to assist.

Tammy

The HomeStores and authorized dealers that sell Ashley Furniture are independently owned and operated. We request that you consider contacting the Ashley Furniture Consumer Affairs Department, so we can assist you and the store in reaching an acceptable resolution.

Our contact information is as follows:

Email: consumeraffairs@ashleyfurniture.com

Fax: 1-608-323-6139

Phone: 1-800-477-2222, ext. 5013

Mail: Ashley Furniture Industries, Inc.

Attn: Consumer Affairs

One Ashley Way

Arcadia, WI 54612

You may also consider visiting our website, www.ashleyfurniture.com. Click on “Contact Us” at the bottom of the homepage.

We are here to help!