Winnipeg, Manitoba

Our new sofa set just got delivered yesterday.

Upon delivery, we noted that the cushions weren't plump as we had seen and like at Ashley Furniture Winnipeg (St. James). The delivery staff was like, "aaa I don't know... call the custimer service". I was near the store at that time, so my wife called me and narrated the incidence. I turned and entered the store and spoke to the customer service staff. The lady totally ignored the issue and kept saying that the delivery was exactly as ordered. The saleman who sold it to us wasnt their. Incalled back my wife, and the delivery staff had already left. Net day, I took one of the cushions with me to the store. The salesman Darren was there. I explained the problem to him... we examined the product on display. The one display was way more stuffed than the one they had delivered. He took me to a customer service desk (Suzie) and we expalined the whole situation to her. She lodged a report and said that I should expect a call from another customer service center or somehting. I left thanking both Darren and Suzie.

Half an hour after that I received a call and the customer service started explaining the one delivered came from the manufacturer and she could not do anything about it! And she kept repeating similar pre-written sentences no matter how I pleaded. I had purchsed an additional protection plan worth $174. Even that didnt cover such breach of promise and deception.

She said there would be a 25% restocking charge if I returned.

So here I am, soending more than $2600 on a set of sofa, love seat and a chair, with cushions that won't support someone's back and Ashely Furniture doesn't own its product!

Buyers beware!

Product or Service Mentioned: Ashley Furniture Customer Care.

Comments