Ashley Furniture doesnt stand behind their product
In 2012 my husband and I paid cash for over $7,000 in living room and dinning room furniture from the Ashley store in Jackson Tn.We also purchased a 5 year extended warranty incase anything happened to it from Montage Protection Plan, that Ashley Furniture recommended.
Sometime around September 2014 the extra large leather bench to my dining room set started coming apart at the seam right in the middle on the bench. I contacted Montage and they told me how to file my claim. I had to send a copy of proof we purchased the plan, pictures of the bench where it came apart, and fill out paperwork. I completed all their demands.
They email me a letter stating that they will not fix it because it was a manufacture defect. I was devestated. I have a gorgeous dining room set with a bench that just makes the entire suit ugly now!! You cant help but see it as soon as you look at it.
Everyone that comes in our home asks us where we got it and then they see the bench and say oh my that looks terrible! It ruins the looks of the entire dining room! Anyway I call the Ashley store in Jackson and they said someone would get back with me from the store. I waited a week noone called me.
I called back and explained everything again. Lisa from the Jackson store said she would forward it on to someone else. I waited another week still noone called me. I call the Jackson store again!
Lisa says again it will be forwarded on. On September 26th someone calls me from the home company as they called themselves, and said they are looking into it and for me to give them a few weeks. I do and I hear from noone so on October 22nd I call the Jackson store again and speak to Gail. She said she was sending it to customer service at the home office again.
Shomeika from the home office calls me on October 23rd and says they are giving me in store credit for the bench. I was so excited that I was going to get something done and that my gorgeous dining room suite was going to have a new bench! No more ugly torn up bench!!!! She said to give it a few days and go to the Jackson store and it would be in the computer.
I give it a week and a few days to make sure the credit is there. Me and my husband go to the Jackson store and we talked to a sales lady and explain it all to her for the hundredth time. She finds a bench on the floor like mine and off we go to check out. They couldnt find any record of my instore credit.
They look and look. Nothing! I was cryimg at this point. This was on a saturday so monday morning I call Shomeika.
She informs me they decided not to give me instore credit or do anything to help me. Noone called me and told me this! We had driven 45 minutes back to the Jackson store that saturday for nothing!!!! I will NEVER buy anything from Ashley Furniture AGAIN!!
We are about to buy our son a new bedroom suite and I can assure you it wont be from Ashley Furniture.Not only do they not stand behind their product their word is no good either.
More Review Details
What I liked
- Design of furniture
What I disliked
- That i was lied to
- No one wanted to fix problem
- Being lied to
- Customer service sucks
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Extra Large Bench
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "I bought 3k of this bad stuff, 2 love seats, 1 recliner for my wife and me mid at the end of 2013... 18mos later, every piece is peeling and..."
- "I purchased The Espresso colored 3pc. set (couch, loveseat, recliner) in Mid-December 2012. The main issue I have now is that both the couch and loveseat are cracking and peeling..."
- "I have tried to get a different mattress with Ashley furniture bc they stearns & foster they brought me had a black stain on it and had divets in..."
- "I placed an order online on December 23rd for 2 items! I never received the order!!! What is worse is I have been corresponding with customer service by email and..."
- "So, I ordered 16 chairs for Thanksgiving. CLEARLY advertised. The manager nicely agreed that it was a listing error on their part but that their disclaimer exonerates them. This is..."
- "Terrible ServiceMoving ServiceAll American Trusted Van Lines18144 Burbank Blvd #109Tarzana, CA 91356USwww.allamericantrustedvanlines.comOriginal charge was 1,790.00, after visual inspection it went to 5000.00 and after negotiating it went to 3500.00.Not Only..."
- "I have known and respected Jesse Keyes for over 25 years. Jesse Keyes has a successful list of credentials in his academic and professional life. After meeting him at Princeton,..."
- "Hello. I'm completely disappointed with this store. The worst costumer service I have ever experience. They're no interest in providing any help. I had ordered one pair of boots, but..."
- "Purchased a HP DC7900 tower from Joy (thru Walmart) two months ago. It arrived a day early and worked perfectly. Even though Windows Update was broken, that was the fault..."