4.9K views

Update by user Nov 11, 2011

John,

We’re sorry to hear about your experience at your local Ashley Furniture HomeStore and we understand your concern. Each Ashley Furniture HomeStore is independently owned and operated. We have sent the details you provided, regarding your issue, to the appropriate person(s) at the local store and asked them to resolve your issue as quickly as possible. We encourage you to continue to be proactive and reach out to the local HomeStore where you made your purchase to work out a resolution.

Sabine at Ashley Furniture

John Lacour ✆

11:35 AM (2 hours ago)

to FanFeedback

Dont lie to me ok,

independently owned and operated YES

The product was bought from your warehoue,,Ashley Furniture

Ashley HomeStores, Ltd. | One Ashley Way | Arcadia, WI 54612

Do not try to blame the local store.

Fix the problem . Replace my couch

Johnny L. Droid bionic

Original review posted by user Nov 11, 2011

Hello John, Thank you for contacting Ashley Furniture Industries, Inc. in Arcadia, WI. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with your Ashley furniture. All warranties are handled on the retail level. If this is considered a manufacturing or workmanship defect, and you purchased your furniture with a warranty, please contact the store where you purchased the furniture. An Ashley Furniture Marketing Specialist is available if the store requests assistance. Cathy~Ashley Internet Communications

I already checked with the store. the manufactures warranty is only 1 year. my extended warranty does not cover peeling. Figures right extended warranties are garbage . the manufacturer has sold ashley a defective product. ashley should make the manufacture pay for it.. in the meantime ashley furniture has sold me a defective product. ashley furniture should replace my couch. it is only good business that you do so. when I contacted the store ashley furniture. they're only offering me 30 percent off a new couch. this is totally unacceptable. and I will fight for my rights. no matter what it takes. I will file a complaint with the better business bureau. consumer affairs . I will take all action necessary to have my couch and love seat replaced. ashley furniture sold me a defective product. ashley furniture needs to step up to the plate and take care of it.. I wish to have my couch and love seat replaced. at equal or lesser value. at no cost to me . you deal with the manufacturer. you get reimbursed your money. and if they do not reimburse you. I recommend you nevet buy furniture from that company again. I did not go do you store to buy junk . ashley furniture should not b

e selling junk. I'm sure ashley furniture does not wanna be known in this way. so do the right thing and replace my couch and love seat. or I will take action

Please mail, e-mail or fax us the following information: a complete copy of your original receipt, the model number of the item(s) in question, the serial number off each item, a detailed description of the problem(s), your name, address and daytime phone number.

Our fax number is: 608-323-6139. E-mail address is: cagroup@ashleyfurniture.com

Our mailing address is:

Ashley Furniture Corporate Office

Attn: Consumer Affairs Department

One Ashley Way

Arcadia, WI 54612

We will be more than happy to review your information to see how we may assist you according to our warranty. You can expect a response in seven to ten business days.

We look forward to hearing from you.

This is b* Sh**

I expect nothing from this *** company

Review about: Ashley Furniture Warranty.

Had an Experience with Ashley Furniture?

Comments

Union, New Jersey, United States #1219833

i have purchased from ashley furniture several times including expensive leather sofas, over $3,000.and i had them for more than 10 years and yes they faded just a bit and had a few scratches n them bc i have a large dog, that is not allowed on the furniture but he would sneak on there every so often.

but these sofas were strong, real solid wood, no cracking or peeling.

i finally sold them for $1,000 after all those years bc they looked great.and i bought new ones that i wanted.

Iselin, New Jersey, United States #1206263

This is not surprising from Ashely.They buy shi* furniture and sell it for an outrageous price.

I strongly encourage you to contact the Attorney General for your state. Get them involved. Also send the information to every media outlet. Start a public Facebook post.

Contact GMA, Today Show, local stations, etc. They will investigate the shady business practices. I had my store shut down for not paying sales tax.

So....It is amazing how shady this place is.

Deltona, Florida, United States #1176753

I too bought an Ashley brand pleather sofa.Started peeling about a year after I had it.

Called the store I purchased it from, and They said it was only warranted one year. They wouldn't do anything about it. I will never buy anything made by Ashley again.

They knew it did this, but yet continue to sell it.That shows sorry business practice.

I Have a Ashley theater seat with the same pealing problem.I contacted Ashley direct since the chair came as part of a package in my 5th wheel.

Their attitude was much the same....too bad chump.

I am looking to replace the chair with something other than Ashley.I have also posted my situation with about a thousand Facebook people to let them know what junk Asley sells and how they treat their customers.

Unless it is real 100% top grain leather it is going to peel, even real leather can have issues if abused and not stored correctly .If you bought a sofa and loveseat for 1200 I can assure you it was not real leather, bonded at best, and bonded is mostly plastic (polyurythane) hence your issue with the cracking and peeling.

Also furniture is like tires on a vehicle wear and tear over time is to be expected. If the salesperson that sold you the set told you it was real, well you have been duped. No warranty sold by ANY furniture store covers peeling of leather, faux leather, or bonded.They should have provided you with the warranty information at point of sale a brochure or pamphlet?

Regardless they are a multi billion dollar company , and more than likely the receipts you signed were notated, which protects them against legal action.Lesson learned.

to Anonymous #1142870

I disagree with you I spent 2,500.00 and if my small dog just jumping up on the sofa is going to show scratches that eventually will peel and crack....that is poor quality....

I have purchased other polyurethane blend sofas that stood up very well for half the cost I paid for at Ashley. Keep in mind too that when you go in after a week of owning the product to be told to put a BLANKET OVER IT IS RUDE and is not acceptable... It is not just their polyurethane products there pressed wood products separate and peel too...

if your going to charge top dollar then the products should be of better quality.otherwise sell them for what the quality is...

mtodd50
Quitman, Arkansas, United States #967810

Yep.I got the same thing.

I am in a mission and I will social media every day! This is not right. People better run from that store if this is the way they handle business. They keep sending you emails to prolong the situation so you get so tired you say forget it.

I'm not the girl that will do that.

I will right fight the rest of my day if it means helping someone else to go through it.:(

Fort Worth, Texas, United States #966741

I have had numerous problems with furniture ordered online.I urge people whenever possible to purchase using a credit card.

If the company won't deal professionally with their merchandise then you can take it up with your credit card company and have the charges reversed. I have done that with a defective sofa and am in the process of doing it with a faulty desk.

And I have learned my lesson that Ineill never again purchase furniture online although even at the store is no guarantee of proper durability.Sad to say too many companies selling *** made in foreign countries by people making pennies a day.

to Anonymous Redmond, Washington, United States #967493

I did not buy on line and I did use a credit card (bank debit) but the bank would not reverse the charge.I had this problem 4 or more years ago, and to this day I tell people to stay away from Ashley furniture..

I have seen the brand in other furniture stores and Loudly make comments about the LOUSY QUALITY OF ASHLEY....

I AM sure that they have had a lot of people think twice before purchasing...Marketing 101, one disappointed consumer can loose a merchant 10 other sales.

Houston, Texas, United States #937654

I had to sit in their parking lot twice handing out flyers with my story and the damage, boy they became very interested in working with me.I was still not happy that they did not give me a refund but did do an exchange..

I had to settle for my time is valuable... but because I had to settle my complaint stayed listed. I told them if they did right by me then I would remove my post... I am glad my post is bringing other dissatisfied customers stories out...

CONSUMERS ARE ALWAYS RIGHT AND WHEN A BUSINESS DOES NOT HONOR THEIR WARRANTIES OR STAND BEHIND POOR QUALITY PRODUCTS THEN THE CONSUMER MUST FIGHT BACK...GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU, BUT THE BEST THING IS NOT TO PURCHASE FROM ASHLEY AND TO WARN OTHERS OF YOUR STORIES.