10.2K views

Update by user Nov 27, 2011

correction purchase date 10 24 10

Original review posted by user Nov 13, 2011

On the date of 10/24/11

I purchased a living room set from Ashley Furniture .The set consisted of ,A couch and love seat, 2 end tables ,one soft table.I thought I was buying a quality product

The couch and love seat of made of a material called DURA/BLEND. This material was said to be a leather,synthetic blend. I was told by Ashley that this was more durable then leather,and not as hot in the summer,Also better than leather .I was lead to believe .Well today's date 11/12/11. The couch is peeling every ware you sit .I bought an extended warranty .Guess what the warranty dose not cover PEELING ,What a joke. So now I am stuck with a couch and love seat that s ready for the garbage man.Two of the end tables , paint is coming off.What did they use Water paint ?? As for the local the local ,this is not there fault .I am not blaming them.The local store is forced to buy there furniture from Ashley Warehouse.All of there furniture come from here

Ashley Home Stores, Ltd. | One Ashley Way | Arcadia, WI 54612

The local store was kind enough to offer me 30 percent a new set.The ASHLEY CORPORATION has not helped me ,and I suspect well to continue to run and hide.Any body looking for furniture??

Well maybe you now know, where not to make your purchase.

Johnny L. Droid bionic

Review about: Ashley Furniture Furniture Set.

Had an Experience with Ashley Furniture?

Comments

Have you ever heard of Jennifer Convertibles? Same people.

Selmabynoe59
New York, New York, United States #1301764

Still not happy the sales people in your store come off as bullies when this is over I will never ever do this again. U live and learn sad

to Selmabynoe59 #1301863

Sue them in Small Claims Court !

Jasper, Alabama, United States #1201247

That is why I will never buy Ashley furniture!

my daughter bought one with same material frm big lots and it did the same thing, peeled.It was warrantied, as well, but not for peeling.

Buyer beware!!!!!

Yep, looks like mine is in that 2 year range where it bubbles and peels.......I don't do extra warranties, its always a gimmick and hassel but a couch delaminating should have a 5 yr at least. This is a defect, they'll prob get sued.

I AM VERY UPSET AND HAVE THE VERY SAME EXPERIENCE!THE SALES PERSON WENT ON ON HOW GREAT DURABLEND IS AND THEN TALKED ME ME INTO GETTING THE EXTRA INSURANCE (GUARDSMAN).

NO ONE CALLS U BK, U HAVE KEEP AFTER THEM

AND DO NOT EVEN PRETEND TO WANT TO HELP U.WILL NEVER BUY FROM THEM AGAIN

We are having the same, HORRIBLE, problem with our peeling "bonded leather" furniture, after being promised by the no-longer-there-saleswoman that the warranty covered "everything".Every time we call the warranty company, they switch the reason WHY it's not a covered item.

Heck, the same saleswoman told us it even covered animal claws, which we now know is a complete LIE!!

I called AF customer service yesterday and the girl admitted there WAS a recall of the durabond some years back and perhaps THATS why we have HUGE areas of missing color. The person I need to call is "Diane", who won't be in until tomorrow. She said we will probably need to take pictures of the damage AND the tags under the furniture for proof. No problem.

"Diane" will be told, in no uncertain terms, that if Ashley DOESNT do SOMETHING to rectify this problem , we will be loading up the love-seat in the back of our big, red pick up, along with HUGE signs stating the CRAPPY furniture and customer service Ashley Furniture has, and drive around the TriCities area of VA/TN for months, and hopefully get the local news involved. If THAT doesn't work, then we will drop all of their sh***y furniture at the front door one night, along with more signs, take photos and hopefully get press coverage of THAT too!!

We spent over $2000 on this *** and I had previously stated I would NEVER buy from Ashley, based solely on their cheap, ugly orange/blue/yellow logo...it WREAKS of cheapness...

Stay tuned!!!This could be FUN!!!

We bought a Duro blend couch and live seat ,and it's doing the same thing,..and lost 2,000 dollars. ..they will not get our business again! !!!!!!

Thank you so much for all this great info.I was about to purchase a few different couches in the durablend and was worried that the warranty was a scam.

I see that I should stay far away from Ashely furniture.Thanks guys :)