Ashley Furniture DuraBlend
Update added by user Dec 24, 2015
After 3 years, with help from the folks at the furniture store along with the rep from Ashley furniture, the company conceded to replace the Frankenstein loveseat put the gather by the repair company. I might add that the repair company did the best they could with what Ashley furniture provided them. I am now closing the book on Ashley furniture and no doubt will have to replace both love seat and recliner with in the next 3 to 4 years with another brand if that long.
Original review posted by user Oct 27, 2015
I bought 3k of this bad stuff, 2 love seats, 1 recliner for my wife and me mid at the end of 2013... 18mos later, every piece is peeling and Ashley Furniture says sorry...
The first piece started peeling just after 1 year. I "assumed" the fabric warranty was longer and changed the loveseat with the unused loveseat. A month later it was peeling on the seat and back. I called Ashley and then got the news about the warranty.
The Ashley CS rep would just keep saying It's out of warranty. At 3K for 18 months of use I continued with aggression for 6 months and finally stated that I was turning it over to a local TV consumer station for arbitration.
I then finally. I got some help from the store I purchased from at their expense. That was in January 2015. After several attempts to partially repair the units with collected material , around the 1st of September 2015 a repair person finally came out promising he had all the covers for both couches. The first one was done. He tore the second one down and then.... told me he had the wrong part to finish.
I was told the part would be in around a week. I now have a love seat in parts for over a month and still getting the runaround about no parts It's now the end of September and I'm still trying to get it finished after 9 months. The repair says don't gripe... I'm getting it repaired free.
You're right ..Ashley Furniture Sucks and I'm letting every sit I can find know about it.
10-28-15 Add on....I was called by the repair people Ashley uses and was told that at, last all the pieces were in.
The repair person came out and found... again wrong parts were ordered. With one last bit of hope, he consented to "Frankstein" the loveseats to one piece ( which I now have covered with a do not sit on for fear it will become trash in the near future)
I don't expect any further compensation
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Value for money|
|Style and Design|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
- Design of furniture
What I disliked
- Everything involved with their service
- Customer support representative
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Ashley Furniture Durablend Reclining Loveseat
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "Problem started three months after we bought our furniture the leather started peeling so we contacted the they sent a tech out who looked at it said he had to..."
- "February 16, 2012 I purchased a Durablend Black Reclining Sofa "ASH2370088" and Also purchased The Durablend Black Reclining Loveseat w/ console "ASH2370094" , and Purchased the 5-year Extended..."
- "I purchased a king size bed - 2 side tables, desk, bookshelf, oversized mirror, a large entry table, requested all to be delivered "boxed". The rails for the bed..."
- "I sold some tickets on EBAY. I promised one day delivery. For some reason USPS delivered tickets to my home instead of buyers. I happened to be..."
- "I was scammed on Christian Mingle. I met a man who claimed to live in Milford, Ohio and said he was a real estate agent. We communicated for almost 2..."
- "Went in for a short hair cut and have it in dyed in a grey ombre hairstyle. My hair has no ombre what so ever and neither did i get..."
- "I went to nearby 7-11 at my area blk 641 I grab my stuff and waited for the casher to scan instead of coming to me straight he finish his..."
- "This driver was sitting in traffic blocking the road for 20 minutes talking on his cell phone. I stopped because i use this company and thought the truck was disabled..."
- "Got a car at Luton Airport GM while raining and couldn't check it thoroughly. When I returned it they found these scratches and charged me 688 GBP! And the GM..."