Ashley Furniture DuraBlend
Update added by user Dec 24, 2015
After 3 years, with help from the folks at the furniture store along with the rep from Ashley furniture, the company conceded to replace the Frankenstein loveseat put the gather by the repair company. I might add that the repair company did the best they could with what Ashley furniture provided them. I am now closing the book on Ashley furniture and no doubt will have to replace both love seat and recliner with in the next 3 to 4 years with another brand if that long.
Original review posted by user Oct 27, 2015
I bought 3k of this bad stuff, 2 love seats, 1 recliner for my wife and me mid at the end of 2013... 18mos later, every piece is peeling and Ashley Furniture says sorry...
The first piece started peeling just after 1 year. I "assumed" the fabric warranty was longer and changed the loveseat with the unused loveseat. A month later it was peeling on the seat and back. I called Ashley and then got the news about the warranty.
The Ashley CS rep would just keep saying It's out of warranty. At 3K for 18 months of use I continued with aggression for 6 months and finally stated that I was turning it over to a local TV consumer station for arbitration.
I then finally. I got some help from the store I purchased from at their expense. That was in January 2015. After several attempts to partially repair the units with collected material , around the 1st of September 2015 a repair person finally came out promising he had all the covers for both couches. The first one was done. He tore the second one down and then.... told me he had the wrong part to finish.
I was told the part would be in around a week. I now have a love seat in parts for over a month and still getting the runaround about no parts It's now the end of September and I'm still trying to get it finished after 9 months. The repair says don't gripe... I'm getting it repaired free.
You're right ..Ashley Furniture Sucks and I'm letting every sit I can find know about it.
10-28-15 Add on....I was called by the repair people Ashley uses and was told that at, last all the pieces were in.
The repair person came out and found... again wrong parts were ordered. With one last bit of hope, he consented to "Frankstein" the loveseats to one piece ( which I now have covered with a do not sit on for fear it will become trash in the near future)
I don't expect any further compensation
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Style and Design|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
What I liked
- Design of furniture
What I disliked
- Everything involved with their service
- Customer support representative
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Ashley Furniture Durablend Reclining Loveseat
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "My husband and I purchased a sectional from Ashley and as the others have stated, the Durablend started peeling. The salesperson had also told us that Durablend was more durable..."
- "I have tried to get a different mattress with Ashley furniture bc they stearns & foster they brought me had a black stain on it and had divets in..."
- "Like so many other reviews posted, I made a BIG mistake buying from Ashley Furniture. The problem is the warehouse located in Newark, Delaware. When the furniture was..."
- "Went in for a short hair cut and have it in dyed in a grey ombre hairstyle. My hair has no ombre what so ever and neither did i get..."
- "on the day of june 4,2013 we desided to order a pizza. we called at 7:22pm an placed a order for tha 10 dollar deal. during the call i noticed..."
- "Ordered two pizzas last night, picked them up and drove home. Upon eating one of the pizzas, I got pricked on my upper palate by a push pin which..."
- "I had been purchasing a Redmi Note 3 from ezbuy Malaysia (65daigou); placing the order on 3rd Aug 2016 and receive the phone on 13rd Aug 2016. Upon the reception..."
- "We went to arby with my two children and when i approach fountain michine to get soda i noticed a puddle of nasty water i said something and they..."
- "I have been a long term customer of this business with no problem. The first time I had a problem was when they sent me the wrong product. ..."