Ashley Furniture DuraBlend

Update added by user Dec 24, 2015

After 3 years, with help from the folks at the furniture store along with the rep from Ashley furniture, the company conceded to replace the Frankenstein loveseat put the gather by the repair company. I might add that the repair company did the best they could with what Ashley furniture provided them. I am now closing the book on Ashley furniture and no doubt will have to replace both love seat and recliner with in the next 3 to 4 years with another brand if that long.

Original review posted by user Oct 27, 2015

I bought 3k of this bad stuff, 2 love seats, 1 recliner for my wife and me mid at the end of 2013... 18mos later, every piece is peeling and Ashley Furniture says sorry...

The first piece started peeling just after 1 year. I "assumed" the fabric warranty was longer and changed the loveseat with the unused loveseat. A month later it was peeling on the seat and back. I called Ashley and then got the news about the warranty.

The Ashley CS rep would just keep saying It's out of warranty. At 3K for 18 months of use I continued with aggression for 6 months and finally stated that I was turning it over to a local TV consumer station for arbitration.

I then finally. I got some help from the store I purchased from at their expense. That was in January 2015. After several attempts to partially repair the units with collected material , around the 1st of September 2015 a repair person finally came out promising he had all the covers for both couches. The first one was done. He tore the second one down and then.... told me he had the wrong part to finish.

I was told the part would be in around a week. I now have a love seat in parts for over a month and still getting the runaround about no parts It's now the end of September and I'm still trying to get it finished after 9 months. The repair says don't gripe... I'm getting it repaired free.

You're right ..Ashley Furniture Sucks and I'm letting every sit I can find know about it.

10-28-15 Add on....I was called by the repair people Ashley uses and was told that at, last all the pieces were in.

The repair person came out and found... again wrong parts were ordered. With one last bit of hope, he consented to "Frankstein" the loveseats to one piece ( which I now have covered with a do not sit on for fear it will become trash in the near future)

I don't expect any further compensation

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Style and Design

• What I liked
    • Design of furniture
  • What I disliked
    • Everything involved with their service
    • Customer support representative

Reason of review:
Bad quality
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Ashley Furniture Durablend Reclining Loveseat
Review category
Furniture and Decor
review #724440 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Ashley Furniture? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 2 No 2
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jan 14 #1094863

Hi, im working on exposing ashley sofas, i wld love if u can do a short post along with pics of ur sofa on my facebook page called Ashley durablend sofa sucks . Please like and follow my page too. We gotta make NOISE!! i also have a post where i describe best route to go in order to get a response from Ashley Furniture!

0 0 Reply

Jan 15 #1095033

I have closed the file on them and do not have any pics now. I've had a reply from in Houston regarding Ashley Furniture. You might want to contact him.

0 0 Reply

Dec 24, 2015 #1083496 Brooklyn, New York

Same sofa, same problem! How many of us do we need to file a class-action suit against them??

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Ashley Furniture. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Ashley Furniture.
Filing a new complaint about