Columbia, Missouri

Ashley Furniture engages in deceitful business practices to avoid honoring their product warranties.

On 7/12/16 I called Ashley Furniture Parts Department, and ordered two replacement motors from Stephanie, within the warranty period, for a couch with two built-in reclining chairs purchased from Ashley Furniture in Columbia, MO.

Stephanie told me she would order the motors and I would receive them in two weeks. Stephanie left a voice mail with me the next day telling me she needed the serial number that was below the footrest, to order the motors. I was away on vacation during that time so I could not provide that information to her until ten days later upon my return.

When I called back ten days later I spoke with Tyler who I told I could not move the foot rest to see the serial number because it was the motor that controlled the foot rest that was broken. Tyler immediately looked up the serial number for me, which Stephanie could have done as well, but did not for some reason. This was the 1st red flag.

Tyler told me she would order the motor and I will receive it in two weeks. I called Tyler back in two weeks, 8/12/16, and asked for a status update. Tyler told me their manufacturer in Canada was not doing anything with this order because they were waiting for the serial number. I reminded Tyler that she already looked up the serial number two weeks ago and was going to give that number to the manufacturer.

Neither the manufacturer, or Ashley Furniture, was doing anything to fulfill the order and honor the warranty. Tyler could not explain the discrepancy between her telling me two weeks ago she was ordering the motors with the serial number, and now telling me she never gave the supposed Canadian manufacturer the serial number to complete the order. My conversation with her made no sense at all; this was the 2nd red flag.

I then asked Tyler if she could expedite this order and call me back to confirm. Tyler promised to call me later that same day. I have received no calls back from Ashley Furniture’s parts department. This was the 3rd red flag.

On 8/15/16, I called Mary Templeton, Store Service Manager, of the Ashley Furniture store in Columbia MO I bought the couch from. Mary told me the order was supposedly just put through, but that the order would not be processed for another three weeks for no apparent reason other than a further delaying tactic. This was the 4th red flag.

I then called Kristine Rugotzke, Ashley Furniture Parts Department Manager, who left me a return voice mail saying SHE NEVER HEARD OF Tyler and that Ashley Furniture DOES NOT USE A MANUFACTURER IN CANADA. This was the 5th HUGE red flag.

I have not called Kristine, or Mary, or the parts department, or anyone from Ashley Furniture again, because it is clearly obvious that one or several people are lying to me, and I have no clue who to believe, if anyone, most likely no one.

The systemic lying and purposeful deceptive business practices of Ashley Furniture are plainly obvious, as is Ashley Furniture’s purposeful attempt to not honor their product warranties. As my above experiences clearly demonstrate, I cannot trust anyone in Ashley Furniture to tell me the truth or to resolve this problem and deliver the correct parts, and have been forced to go to the appropriate regulatory agencies to resolve.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ashley Furniture Sofa Warranty.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Ashley Furniture Cons: Delaying tactics, Gross incompetence, Not honoring warranty, Deceitful business practices.

Comments

#1204483

I have had the same situation.

What are the regulatory agencies you have turned to?

Ashley Furniture Reviews