Niagara Falls, New York

about 4 years ago I purchased a bedroom set coming close to about $5000. The salesman at the time shoved the warranty down my throat for $369 and told me that if the warranty was not used I would get a full refund so it's really a no brainer and that's a quote.

I was there with my fiance and my mother at the time both remember hearing the same exact words come out of the salesman's mouth. I finally paid off my furniture and called customer service to find out about the warranty reimbursement. The woman told me that my warranty was still good for another year and that I was mistaken about the full refund. She said that I would only receive $150 store credit and it was in the contract that I sign that day.

I told her that is not what the salesman told me, she just kept saying that I signed a contract. I found the contract that I signed four years ago and it does state that I will only receive $150 store credit. After 3 hours of picking out a bedroom set and a mattress the last thing I was going to do that day is read through pages of contract information. As I told a customer service rep, I don't believe that I should have to read a contract and that I should have confidence that my sales person would not lie to me.

After calling my mom to confirm that is what she also heard, she told me that within the next couple months she also went back to Ashley to buy a kitchen set for my grandmother with my aunt. the salesperson told my aunt and my mom the exact same thing about the warranty. That she would be fully reimbursed after the warranty was done if she did not use it. I am very disappointed that they would lie to us to get us to buy a warranty not once but twice to five different people.

The money honestly does not mean much to me, right now the problem is just principal. I'm thinking about calling a local news station to do a story on Ashley Furniture because I believe that customers are lied to again and again about delivery about payment and other things just so they can make a sale.

I will never purchase another thing from Ashley Furniture. If anybody else has had the same problem with Ashley can you please comment below thank you.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ashley Furniture Furniture Set.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Comments