Sayreville, New Jersey

We had purchased an Ashley Bedroom set in the early 2000's and were not happy with the quality of construction. After going back repeatedly for drawer rails, which kept breaking, we swore off Ashley for years.

But in 2008 we decided to give them another chance. Our mistake! We purchased a leather sectional which at first we were pleased with, and to guard against a repeat of our previous purchase, we purchased the 5 year extended warranty. Well, in 2010, the sectional started to show unusually bad wear, so we contacted the sub-contractor Ashley recommended to repair the damage.

After 2 phone calls, the sub contractor came to our house, surveyed the damage and promised a repair. This was in Oct. 2010. It is now Feb 2011, we have made repeated phone calls to the sub-contractor, Ashley Corporate, the Ashley store we purchased it from, and have heard a ton of promises, but no one has done anything to resolve the problem.

They keep pointing the finger at one another, or just don't pick up the phone. We have reported them to the Better Business Bureau, and are now thinking about taking them to small claims court.

The bottom line, do not buy Ashley Furniture and especially the extended warranty. It is a sham, of Madoff proportions!!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Ashley Furniture Warranty.

Comments

Ive sold ashley furniture for over 20 years- Ive seen all the nice furniture to the broken when it comes in the box- It isnt just Ashley- All furniture comes in with some sort of damage-Always check when it comes out of the box- Trust Me- We carry markers and crayons to fill in the splits and cover the scratches- But if you are having a problem after purchase- Call-1-877-291-5802 and have your M# and S# which you will find on a sticker on the bottom -under the cushion or under the table and see what the Home office can do- The company only gives a certain amout of time for warr. They send a tech to you- if you still are having problems- call me and I will assist you- I have worked with them for years like I said and usually get the job done 407-242-8867 Carrie- I feel for you as well as everyone else that feel railroaded- But I believe that with the date that you purchased it- We should be able to get it repaired- If not replaced and NO I DO NOT WORK FOR ASHLEY- The company that I work at for 25 years sells it- My dad just happens to own the store -so Call me i Will be glad to get to the bottom of the problem

Ashley Furniture Reviews