Ashley Furniture is TOXIC
Sectional was delivered 1.5 weeks ago.Since then I have experienced nausea, headaches, muscle pain, respiratory distress, and even skin reaction when being in the same room as the sofa.
Related: Ashley Furniture Sofa Review
The sofa initially had a funny smell, it reminded me of a high school science lab. I looked up "formaldehyde sofa" on google and learned that formaldehyde can be used in flame retardants, upholstery, and engineered wood. I looked up symptoms of exposure to formaldehyde and my symptoms are spot on. When I leave the house everything clears up in about 20 minutes and I feel normal.
When I come home I get sick again and feel muddle brained and weak. When I called Ashley they said "it meets government standards", but I'm not sure how that can be since it is making me so terribly sick. Now we are in a pickle because the couch has no return policy unless it is defective. Ashley said it could be considered defective if it is emitting too many fumes, but how could I ever prove that.
The lady on the phone said "you're just having an allergic reaction- if you have an allergic reaction to a cat it doesn't make the cat defective." But I have NEVER had a reaction to any piece of furniture like this EVER IN MY LIFE!!!
And I actually am allergic to cats and I know what that feels like, itchy eyes, runny nose.This is not like an allergy, this is like a toxic shock to my entire system.
Review about: Laken Mocha Sofa.
Review #344534 is a subjective opinion of a user.