1.7K views

Roseanne Morano cus id: 3362983252 Ashley/ Greensboro, NC I purchased a Portica/nutmeg leather sofa on 3/20/2007,along with a Guardsman five year elite protection plan. I had it almost 3 years and noticed my sofa started to peel where my husband sits and I called Ashley Furniture who referred me to GUARDSMAN.

Guardsman said there was no coverage for peeling. I can't believe how many complaints are listed for peeling leather from Ashley Furn. It looks like a defect to me. One of the tags attached to the furniture said "Leather, much like any natural material is defined by its own distinct markings an characteristics, Environmental factors, age and wear cause slight imperfecttions in th hide, but do not affect the beauty and durability.

The peeling is affecting the beauty and durability. Please contact me: 336 298 3252

Comments

I have a 3 year old Durablend set with 5yr preimiun warranty that doesn’t cover the leather peel. I was sold a warranty by the store that covers nothing. Buyer beware.

We are having the same problem with a leather couch purchased from Ashley. It's a year old and is already peeling in several places.

The Guardsman Elite 5 year protection plan won't cover it. Ashley sucks and I will never buy anything from them again!

did bbb help you? like to hear abt the outcome.

Conyers, Georgia, United States #755735

My sofa and loveseat are peeling too!! Guardsman said theyd send a tech out to see how much they will CHARGE me to repair it.

Ive only had them for 5 years!! Pissed!

We have the same problem too. I stopped shopping at Ashley and will never deal with them again. I am now replacing my couches which did not last for 3 years.

Amarillo, Texas, United States #730051

We bought a leather sectional almost two years ago from Ashley furniture and it has started to peel. The warranty company they were using denied us our claim.

We visited the store and spoke with a manager who advised they had changed companies and we should contact them. They also denied our claim for the peeling. Ashley did agree to repair the peeling sections eating the cost; however, there are new places popping up now.

I do not want to have to go through this every other week. I have put in a claim with the BBB and hope to get a replacement soon.

Santa Rosa, California, United States #719876

We bought two "leather" couches and chair from Ashley all of them are peeling badly. Will not return to Ashley furniture. No Good!

Ellettsville, Indiana, United States #582883

I am overwhelmed to hear so many are having the same issues. I was searching for some remedy to repair my sofa that I purchased to be leather, but the peeling and flaking is leading me to beleive ASHLEY FURNITURE company is selling fake leather.

I bought my sofa in 2008 now it looks horrible in the spot mostly used the material is peeling and flaking up. Any suggestions to stop the process or fix it?

We have the exact same problem and it sounds like they have made sure their contract is written to deal with this problem. Ignore customer issue and keep selling these cheap Chinese sofas.

Who out there has found a way to repair it for the time being? I can't afford a new sofa and we have the recliner in the sofa combo. I read about surefit sofa covers - anyone have a way to hide the issues?

I'm thinking of a vinyl repair kit and then covering it with a sofa cover. At least I can get a little more time out of it.

contact the bbb and pray for help they sell *** take it from someone who tries to repair there ***

its pleather made from plastic cows

Plain and simple Ashley sucks

#322020

I am having same issues of Peeling leather sofa withing 9 months of purchase. I bought the warranty then also they deny saying that peeling is not covered in the warranty.

Less than 1 year should also be covered in manufacturing warranty but still they find excuse to deny it.

Please all of you login to www.bbb.org and file a complaint with Better Business beaureau. It takes less than 5 minutes to file the complaint and they will start addressing your complaint right away. File your complaint against both Ashley Furniture and Montage Furniture (Warranty Company) This will also reduce their BBB rating and BBB can take action against them it they are genuine issues reported to them.

It is better than putting your complaint here on this forum. :(

#320880

We bought a leather sofa and loveseat from our local Ashley Furniture Store here in Arizona three years ago, along with Ashley's 5 year extended warranty. When it was delivered, the leather on the sofa cushions did not seem to be as high quality as the rest of the leather, but we didn't worry because we had a warranty and we had cleaning people who conditioned our sofa every month.

When the cushions developed cracking and peeling, we called Ashley furniture with confidence that they would take care of us.

Ashley one-sidedly decided we had not properly maintained their leather, despite our documentation to the contrary, and refused to take care of the problem. We are terribly disappointed with Ashley's product and their customer service.

#319547

Same problem with our Ashley sofa/loveseat, peeling. Haven't contacted company. sofa is less than one year old

:( I've been fighting with them for almost 3yrs .I didn't have room for alove seat so I bought an extra chair leather started peeling on both chairs . I'm fixing to drag their *** to court .

I called the home office this morning they told me the chairs aren't made to sleep in.

I sleep in mine because I have BONE CANCER due to AGENT ORANGE from VIET NAM along with 4 compression fractures . Besides they said the store that I got it at is a frachise so have to deal with them .What a crock .!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'M HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM, BUT DIDN'T NEVER GOT THE EXTENDED WTY. I HAVE HAD THESE SOFAS FOR OVER 3 YEARS...

BUT YOU KNOW WHAT? THIS ISN'T LEATHER AND WILL NEVER BE LEATHER!!! SOOOOO UPSET AT THE FACT THAT WE HAVE TO PURCHASE NEW SOFAS BECAUSE THESE ARE PEELING REALLY BAD!!! WILL NEVER BY FROM ASHLEY'S AGAIN!!!

AND IF YOU PEOPLE PLAN ON SUING EMAIL ME!

NATRANDAZZO@GMAIL.COM... :(

i purchased an Ashley Sofa and Recliner 2 years ago and mine is pealing too. I emailed the store i purchased it at and they didn't even respond. Very dissapointed and will never buy Ashley furnature again!!!!!!

Purchased a sofa table received in September 2010. Notice service peeling early December 2010.

Requested service with a schedule appointment for January 5, 2011. Service depart cancelled & rescheduled appointmentfor Jan 27th.Technician confirmed problem. Called received from Winnipeg service department stating that our only option was to have the unit refinished. We did purchase the extended warranty insurance for a period of five years.

Our request was to have the unit replaced.

Our shopping days at Ashley Furniture plus the six referral that also purchased ARE DONE. We are very dissapointed with there service depatment.This is not acceptable

This is my second set of furniture that is peeling. My first set was replaced by the store manager.

I am planning to call the store this evening. I also purchased the Guardsman protection plan. I may have $4K worth of furniture that looks terrible.

Ashely guaranteed this to be real leather and real leather does not peel. Perhaps we should all get together and sue Ashely Furniture?