2.1
Style and Design

Update by user Jun 22, 2015

Forgot to mention I went Memorial Day weekend to buy furniture and had setup for delivery June 20,2015

Update by user Jun 22, 2015

I told the manager if it wasn't for us moving into our new house this week. I would of told Ashley's to get your $*%# out of here. I go elsewhere and buy my furniture.

Update by user Jun 22, 2015

Anyone who wants to buy furniture do yourself a favor and go directly next door to bobs furniture or raymour across the street. I am currently shopping for a sectional for my finished basement and Ashley's will not be receiving this business or any of my business in future.

Update by user Jun 22, 2015

A lot more to situation but don't have more time to write. I would rather talk to someone in main office.

Original review posted by user Jun 22, 2015

Bad experience In Poughkeepsie, Ny Ashley HomeStore.This was our first and last time we will deal with Ashley Furniture ever.

We have told friends and family not to Shop at Ashley Furniture. Went in received financing and got to shopping. From the beginning I knew it didn't feel right. Customer service guy kept showing us the expensive items even though I explained to him we are new home owners and have a budget.

My plan was to go in and buy 2 living room sets, dining room, and bedroom set. Well we walked out with 1 living room set, small dining room set, and a bedroom set. A warranty that was discussed, but never asked if we wanted it after I walked out with overwhelming bill. I saw a bed protector and a warranty on my bill.

Wow really. We would of probably gotten the warranty but the fact to add it on our bill without saying "hey so would you be interesting in the warranty". As far as I remember I do not recall being as about Bed protector $130. Really Walmart would of been a lot less expensive.

Oh and we got talked into a rug and some very bleeping expensive lamps. There is more to this part but don't have time to discuss. Onto delivery which only bright side were the driver and helper. Very nice people, quick and thorough.

First piece of furniture taken off truck which was wrapped up nice was damaged. Sent that back. One of the end tables had a small chip which I was not bothered by just tiny. The footboard on our bedroom set had to be repaired on spot for a edge wear I guess I can call it.

Now after it was all done. We were missing another dresser and it was not on our bill. We recall when we were shown the set which was actually the only thing we liked that scammer sales rep showed us what included in display. I called they did investigation and found out that it was not included and also one of the night tables was an extra charge.

That again was shown as part of display. Now my wife spoke to he manager and she ended up buying the matching dresser and manager did what he could for us as far as Not paying for extra warranty which again we shouldn't have paid for extra dresser since we were told it was part of the display that all this was included. Manager did what he could but we are not happy at all about situation.

If I do receive a call from Ashley I do not want to speak to store because they are not going to take blame for anything.Beware do not buy from any Ashley's store especially Poughkeepsie, NY.

Reviewer is in happy mood. Itsxthexslim is quite happy with delivery driver and helper. Please contact the author of this review to discuss "delivery drivers were only good part" of living room set. Ashley Furniture needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned living room set in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Ashley Furniture.

Had an Experience with Ashley Furniture?

Comments