Apache Junction, Arizona

We bought a recliner and couch (with recliner on each end) from Ashley at Superstition Springs Mall in Mesa, Arizona.Just two months later, the leather started flaking off the back of one side of the couch, which we had hardly sat in at all!

Because we had paid extra for the warranty, they sent out a repair person who "painted" the color back on and sealed it with a hair dryer. OK, we put up with that. Then just over a year later, I noticed it was doing it again AND the chair that matches the couch (which my husband uses ALL the time)was flaking also. I drove to the store to speak with them and was told nothing could be done as even though we had the extended warranty, it doesn't cover normal, everyday wear.

Also, the seat on the couch was/is all bunched up and we have NO children or anyone else who abuses this furniture in any way! I left there in TEARS. This was our first NEW furniture since the early 80's and it is RUINED and looks like ***!! Because of the size of the couch and the reclining sides, I can't even get a slip cover for it.

I have a comforter over my husband's chair. Now I see that the seat of his chair is flaking, too! A good friend of mine, whom I met AFTER all this happened has the same couch with problems also. Her stitching is coming apart.

WOULD NOT SUGGEST BUYING ANYTHING FROM ASHLEY FURNITURE. When I am able to get new furniture (WHEN, I don't know!), I will be getting it second hand from Craig's List. Nothing new for me EVER again.

The Ashley Furniture Stores need to be out of business for good!

Review about: Ashley Furniture Recliner.

Had an Experience with Ashley Furniture?

Comments

B

BBB

Michael
#209193

I would take them to civil court over this.Once you file they WILL pay up.

They do not want the bad publicity and they know you will win.You HAVE to do it or they will continue to get by with these horrible business practices.