We bought a recliner and couch (with recliner on each end) from Ashley at Superstition Springs Mall in Mesa, Arizona.Just two months later, the leather started flaking off the back of one side of the couch, which we had hardly sat in at all!
Because we had paid extra for the warranty, they sent out a repair person who "painted" the color back on and sealed it with a hair dryer. OK, we put up with that. Then just over a year later, I noticed it was doing it again AND the chair that matches the couch (which my husband uses ALL the time)was flaking also. I drove to the store to speak with them and was told nothing could be done as even though we had the extended warranty, it doesn't cover normal, everyday wear.
Also, the seat on the couch was/is all bunched up and we have NO children or anyone else who abuses this furniture in any way! I left there in TEARS. This was our first NEW furniture since the early 80's and it is RUINED and looks like ***!! Because of the size of the couch and the reclining sides, I can't even get a slip cover for it.
I have a comforter over my husband's chair. Now I see that the seat of his chair is flaking, too! A good friend of mine, whom I met AFTER all this happened has the same couch with problems also. Her stitching is coming apart.
WOULD NOT SUGGEST BUYING ANYTHING FROM ASHLEY FURNITURE. When I am able to get new furniture (WHEN, I don't know!), I will be getting it second hand from Craig's List. Nothing new for me EVER again.
The Ashley Furniture Stores need to be out of business for good!
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "I purchased this set in July 2012 since then it started Cracking and Peeling. I had also purchased the Extended Warranty. Since I had that warranty I called and was..."
- "Ashley Home Furniture DOES NOT stand behind their products. I was sold a sofa and recliner that start crackling and peeling a year after I had purchased it. I..."
- "Purchased a couch set - surface of the sofa upholstery wearing off. I purchased warranty - they say won't cover. Customer service kicked me out. Wasted 270 Dollars on warranty. Bargain best..."
- "Purchased from Home Depot a RO water filtration system, it leaked and caused damage. They sent plumbers to repair it a few times and the damage under the sink cannot..."
- "Big man Lane recliner, went to recline and spring busted flew across room and just missed my flat screen, & my big window. WG&R where I bought it will not..."
- "...when i opened this package of Oreo's expecting to get what the package shows but received alot less..."
- "I purchased Behr Masonary Stucco and Brick paint, had it custom matched to the buff/concrete color of the stucco on our house, used the paint to fill in hair..."
- "Cheap air booking #31336023. My complaint is that I had to pay for my luggage in Saskatoon to west jet and then again in Las Vegas to American Airlines..."
- "My Project Car I got from American Muscle Cars aka AMC!! Just 1 of the many problems I've had & having...I had to gut it because the BLACK MOLD &..."