I purchased something on Friday night, went in to cancel the purchase the following Sunday.They are charging me a 15% restocking fee.

I feel like such a fool for ever shopping there in the first place. I am going to see if I can fight it, but Ashley Furniture told me that the 3 day grace period is not their policy. They lied to me at time of purchase, and then followed their lie up with charging me money. I think they should be reported!!

They must teach their salesman what to say.

Do not trust Ashley Furniture and do not believe their sales people.

Comments

The Law says you have the right to cancel ANY contract within 3 business days.This may be waived in some states.

So all consumers should make sure they know their states laws before signing a contract.

This is not true of returns to stores that have restocking fees such as an electronics store but for items that require a contract be signed.

However in this case of a furniture sale. If the item has not been delivered and you are within 3 days period you should be able to cancel without penalty. If the item had been delivered or picked up within the 3 days you may have a problem because than they will try for the restocking fee as the items were considered delivered. If it had not I would then take it up with my credit card co.

& the store would recieve a charge back for items not recieved.They then can fight it out.

dependson the state you are in, but the LAW says you have 3 days regardless of the stores policy. I hope you followed through and did not pay the restocking fee.

Beeton, Ontario, Canada #24996

Most places have a restocking fee, regardless of any grace periods.

Heroica Matamoros, Tamaulipas, Mexico #23341

:eek Wow! Sorry to hear you were ripped off like that. I was browsing the website with the intention of helping my daughter furnish her new apt, when I came across your post.

This makes me think twice about Ashley Furniture!