1.3
Style and Design
Poster decreased review rating.

Update by user Oct 17

They replaced my chair, but they didn’t give me the sale price so I was cheated out of $200 anyway.

Original review posted by user Sep 16

I purchased 5 pieces of furniture from Ashley Furniture along with a warranty from Furniture Care Protection.I normally don't purchase extended warranties, but at the time of purchase I was assured by the sales person and the office staff that if anything happened to my furniture during the 4 years of coverage it would be covered.

I bought the plan for $200 dollars and I was told that if I didn't use it, I can get my money back. I have a document from Ashley Furniture stating this fact but they didn't provide me with a copy of the warrant. I purchased a couch, 2 end table, & two identical recliners one looks like it is brand new and the other is falling apart. I had several issues with the recliner but I didn't file a claim until the handle that releases the foot rest completely broke.

I called the store where I purchased the furniture and they emailed me the warranty paperwork. The representative I spoke with at the protection company was very ugly and I asked to speak to a manager and she said they weren't there so I asked to speak to another representative to complete my clam. After 24 hours of filling a claim regarding the issues I had, they told me that it would not be covered because it was a accumulation of issues. I asked to speak to a manager again I was informed again they were not there.

On my contract from the protection plan it states it covers mechanical and structural breakdowns. Now I'm stuck with a defective recliner and a useless warranty. The next day the so called manager from the protection plan company called and rudely informed me they would not be repairing my recliner or returning my money I paid for the plan. I called the store again and was told the manager had left for the day and the person I spoke to took down some notes and would ask the manager to call me.

She later emailed me stating she turned it over to the corporate office and I would hear something soon. I called the store the next evening and the same representative said the manager was at the bank and she was trying to get my chair replaced and it would take weeks to resolve. I hit the roof and I told them a complaint would be filed with the BBB. She told me threats would stop them from doing anything to help me.

I'm disabled and I don't know what I'm going to do because I'm still appealing my disability and have no income.

Ashley sold me badly made furniture and a scam of a protection plan.If anyone can help please respond.

Review about: Furniture Care Protection Protection Plan.

Preferred solution: Replace my recliner & a refund for the protection plan. .

Had an Experience with Ashley Furniture?

Comments

I worked for Ashley furniture delivery and I won't comment on some of this but the warranty was actually supplied by a separate company entirely and is a third party warranty not actually associated with Ashley furniture