Carbondale, Illinois
2.5

Bought a durablend sectional couch from ashley in 2012 I also bought the 5 year warranty. It is now 3 yrs later and beginning to peel & bubble.

When I called the warrenty company I was told that the warranty doesn't cover any wear and tear?!? I was told when I bought the warranty that any tear or accident to the "leather" would be covered.

I just bought a recliner from them 2 mths ago. I guess I wasted my money on that warranty too!

Product or Service Mentioned: Ashley Furniture Sofa.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Comments

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear about your couch. ABC 7 Chicago is reporting on the quality of DuraBlend couches sold by Ashley Furniture, and we're looking to speak to more local customers about it.

If you're interested, please reach out to our consumer investigative reporter Jason Knowles at jason.r.knowles@abc.com, 312-505-3673.

I'm at brendamak.abc7@gmail.com. Let me know if you have any questions.

Any response would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Brenda Mak

Consumer Investigative Intern

ABC 7 Chicago

I bought a couch & love seat from Ashley in Carbondale, too. I purchased the warranty for the fabric, and was told that even if there was damage from sitting with a pen in your pocket, it was covered.

After only 3 years, the surface of the fabric was peeling & looked terrible.

I am working on a warranty claim now.

Ashley Furniture Reviews