Cleveland, Tennessee

I would not recommend purchasing anything from Ashley Furniture. I have purchased well over $15,000 worth of furniture from them for business and personal use in the last 6 years. All of the furniture was either for personal or commercial use. The furniture I purchased for my business use fell apart (backs breaking off bar stools to the back of the couch corner breaking off). I called for repair under the extended warranty and was informed the extended warranty did not cover commercial use. However, I specifically asked the question to the sales rep who said it was covered regardless if the furniture was purchased for commercial use. I purchased the extended warranty in good faith based in the information from the sales rep. Once I was informed it was not covered due to commercial use, I asked the extended warranty company for a refund. I was referred to the store, the store said a check would be mailed. Three years later and dozens calls no refund... I finally gave up!

I purchased bedroom and living room furniture at the same time. The living room furniture had had several repairs due to motor failure in the recliners on top of months being on BO before delivery. The furniture now can not be repaired after 6 months (August - January) of waiting to see what would happen and calling for information. The extended warranty company agreed to replace for the cost of original set or a prorated refund. We agreed to replacement, picked out new set and paid the addition fees. It is now over 6 weeks, 5 sofa's later and still no sofa. Every leather sofa so far has been damaged (ripped) somewhere on the piece. Leather should not be that easy to damage, so now I am assuming the sales rep misrepresented the $2k piece of furniture and it's actually a man made pleather instead of the leather I asked for. They have been dishonest before to make a sale, why not now.

If you want good quality furniture that is delivered without damage and during a reasonable timeframe, don't shop at Ashley Furniture. So disappointed in Ashley Furniture! My family hasn't been able to sit together in the family room for over 6 weeks! Now the fun part of multitude of phone calls to see if anyone can correct this issue since the sales rep and store manger have not been able to resolve the issue so far!

Update 7 hours later from corporate response :

I sent my intact information 7 hours ago and still no one from corporate has called me. They could care less about customer satisfaction! Buyers beware and don't purchase anything you can't carry out of the store yourself!

Product or Service Mentioned: Ashley Furniture Sofa.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Comments