Naples, Florida
2K views

We purchased the San Marco sectional model/sku # 163-324-2 and 163-324-3 for $1483.90 cash from the General Manager Andrew Lee on February 28, 2009. In less than 30 days the couch seat cushions have sagged.

The cushions do not recoil or return to normal position once we get up. While sitting we can feel the railing in the couch. We called Ashley Furniture on March 29, 2009 they referred us to their customer service because once a customer purchases a product they no longer have anything to do with any issues with that product. We immediately called customer and explained the issues, a tech was scheduled to come out on April 7, 2009.

The service tech came out on April 7, his findings were the couch is defective. The customer service rep he reported to (Sandra D.) gave him and us a hard time when we spoke with her. She told us the couch is not defective it's the way we are sitting on the couch. There's only one way to sit on a couch.

Ashley Furniture is unwilling to allow us to select a different couch; we no longer trust the San Marco model based on this experience, however the lead customer service rep is willing to allow us to select a different couch as long a we pay a restocking fee of $150. Why should customers have to pay restocking fee to select a different couch when the first couch was deem defective!

Product or Service Mentioned: Ashley Furniture Manager.

Comments

WELL ASHLEY IS CHARGING ME A TEN PER CENT RESTOCKING FEE ON AN ORDER THAT I CANCELLED AFTER RESEARCHING THE KENNARD LIVING ROOM SECTIONAL AND THE CONTENTS OF LEATHER AND CUSHIONS AND VINYL IN SET.NOTHING WAS EVER BROUGHT TO MY HOME BUT THEY ARE STILL TRYING TO KEEP MY MONEY WHICH WAS FULL CASH OVER FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS.IT AMAZES ME HOW THIS COMPANY HAS ANY CUSTOMERS.WHO WANTS TO BE LIED TO AND JERKED AROUND?IN ALL FAIRNESS THEY ARE MAKING MONEY BY KEEPING RESTOCKING FEE THAT SHOULD BE ILLEGAL TO WITH HOLD IF YOU CANCEL BEFORE DELIVERY.I HAVE READ PURE HORROR STORIES ON THIS ASHLEY COMPANY FROM ALL OVER AMERICA.IT IS LIKE A RAT TRAP ONCE YOU HAND THEM MONEY.MY ADVISE CONTACT BBB YOUR INTERNET SITES. MY GOD THIS ONE COMPANY HAS BROUGHT ME TO A STATE OF A NERVOUS BREAKDOWN.AND I AM NOT ALONE EITHER!HOW DO THESE PEOPLE SLEEP AT NIGHT?HOW CAN THEY SAY FAMILY RUN AND HONEST?

Folks who are having issues....Go to Ashleys Twitter page and be heard! I am sorry but I still dont understand how they get by with this w so many complaints.

I can tell you I have stopped several people from shopping there after they seen my furniture! Be heard everyday 20 times a day.

Do it in a legal way but let them know your angry. Let them know their policies are jacked up and they are wrong for doing people this way.

i was told by Ashley today that they have not gotten enough complaints on the DuraBlend material to warrant taking it out of their stores. please email any pictures of your "peeling" sofa to: sharris@ashleydsg.com

@Anonymous

Oh they have had enough complaints. Because the warehouse guy told me they had.

Mine wasnt durablend it was real leather and falling apart. Their quality is rotten!!!!! I had to fight them but I was not backing down because they are wrong to do people this way. After months and numerous photos and tweets.

I got full reimbursement. They may tell u they cant.....but dont back down when you know your right. These couches are horrible. I ended up just going to big lots.

Paying cash for a cheap set. Its not ripping. Lol. I really thought with Ashleys I was getting a top of the line brand.....worst furniture I had ever bought.

Now any furniture store I go in I make sure they dont show me any Ashleys product. The quality is not there and neither is the customer service!

@Anonymous

I wrote an email regarding this sectional, did you ever get any satisfaction?

@Anonymous

They lied to you like theyvlie to everyone else.

Dont pay a restocking fee. Hang in there.

Take the loss and let social media hear your voice! Twitter is a real good place. I was willing to take a loss but I was not willing to let them to get away w what they are doing to people.

Contact them on twitter. Over and over.

Let your voice be heard. Do it legally ofcourse. However, they have got to QC their furniture better or quit using cheap stuff. They ended up crediting the full amount for mine after months and months of going at it.

I was not going to back down when I could prove tht defective. So I did. Hang in there! I would not pay a restock fee.

No way!

They are taking peoples money left and right and it is not ok! Good Luck!!!!

@upset with Ashley

They would tell me there is nothing they can do. They would tell me they have hardly had any dissatisfied customers.

I wasnt accepting that. I knew what I bought was defective and I proved it. I went to twitter 20 times a day 7 days a week. They read them.

They called me out on it. I was not going to keep making payments on 4,000 worth of furniture that was falling apart before my eyes! I was angry and felt scammed. Time after time they would tell me they werent gonna do anything.

Or they would fix it by taking the whole couch apart. Getting nowhere, I agreed to let them fix it. Well they sent the leather to my house piece by piece in a cheap bag that had rips in it. When I took the piece out and seen two holes punched and a piece of thread...I knew....I was gonna win this war.

People I fought, tweeted, went to an attorney, then marched my hiney right into the store. Ashleys furniture store is protected when it comes to the law. However, consumers have a voice. I used mine.

I was not going to accept what they had to offer which was nothing.

I am free and clear of his sectional set and I am sooo glad.

Maybe they wanted rid of me as much as I wanted rid of them!!!!

I also have peeling problem too much money for the couch too fall apart that soon they don't want to fix it

Eldon

I am having the same issue. My durabond furniture falling apart after a year and 5 months.

Ashley's runs bcause it is over the one year warranty. I have montage tht will cover it if you do damage to it yourself.

The issue is even if you do get it fixed the material is so defective it will continue doing the same thing. This company needs to be stopped.I am looking into a clash action civil suit and praying I find answers.

@Eldon

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WITH MY DURABLEND FURNITURE AND WE SHOULD GET A CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT GOING AGAINST THIS CHEAP FABRIC. AT LEAST THEY WILL HAVE TO STOP USING IT.

@Eldon

mine peeled too . hate I spent so much money on it for it to peel

The remedy to all of this complaints, is to file a small claims actions against the sales person, the company and the owner.. certainly the legal fees to preclude any of the aforementioned from the action will be more expensive than hassling the customer...simple remedy

I have the same problem with my soffa . I bought the extended warranty talked to the Maniger he said he would send Someone over have not heard from him .My soffa is three years old but I stay with my girlfriend .

I only stay here when we are not gettin along .

I live across the street from the store. We need to start a class action sute

Eldon
@Clintbob

Count me in for a Class Action Lawsuit. My sofa is peeling and ripping apart.

I have had it a year and 5 months! Something needs to be done to protect consumers this is a joke! They will not own up to it. They have just kept jerking me around and then tell me this is normal for the white cotton to show through.

We need to find a good lawyer to take this on and consumers ban together. All I want is for them to do the right thing!

We all need to do this!

Eydie
@Clintbob

I want to be involved in a class action suit. I too have been lied to and paid for furniture they won't take back. Lied to by sales persons about the extended warranty which I paid for but the company has no record of me, the list goes on

Unbelievable bought a sofa and love seat and been having issues since with theelectronic components their furniture and customer service sucks. I asked to speak to the store manager and is always in a meeting. I want to return in or exchange it and they don't let me they offered me a one hundred dollar gift certificate I said no.

If there is a class action law suit I want to know because this is not acceptable .

My email is uvandyke@gmail.com