Naples, Florida
1.7K views 40 comments

We purchased the San Marco sectional model/sku # 163-324-2 and 163-324-3 for $1483.90 cash from the General Manager Andrew Lee on February 28, 2009.In less than 30 days the couch seat cushions have sagged.

The cushions do not recoil or return to normal position once we get up. While sitting we can feel the railing in the couch. We called Ashley Furniture on March 29, 2009 they referred us to their customer service because once a customer purchases a product they no longer have anything to do with any issues with that product. We immediately called customer and explained the issues, a tech was scheduled to come out on April 7, 2009.

The service tech came out on April 7, his findings were the couch is defective. The customer service rep he reported to (Sandra D.) gave him and us a hard time when we spoke with her. She told us the couch is not defective it's the way we are sitting on the couch. There's only one way to sit on a couch.

Ashley Furniture is unwilling to allow us to select a different couch; we no longer trust the San Marco model based on this experience, however the lead customer service rep is willing to allow us to select a different couch as long a we pay a restocking fee of $150.Why should customers have to pay restocking fee to select a different couch when the first couch was deem defective!

Review about: San Marco Sectional.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Ashley Furniture Manager
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $1483
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Ashley Furniture?

Comments

WELL ASHLEY IS CHARGING ME A TEN PER CENT RESTOCKING FEE ON AN ORDER THAT I CANCELLED AFTER RESEARCHING THE KENNARD LIVING ROOM SECTIONAL AND THE CONTENTS OF LEATHER AND CUSHIONS AND VINYL IN SET.NOTHING WAS EVER BROUGHT TO MY HOME BUT THEY ARE STILL TRYING TO KEEP MY MONEY WHICH WAS FULL CASH OVER FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS.IT AMAZES ME HOW THIS COMPANY HAS ANY CUSTOMERS.WHO WANTS TO BE LIED TO AND JERKED AROUND?IN ALL FAIRNESS THEY ARE MAKING MONEY BY KEEPING RESTOCKING FEE THAT SHOULD BE ILLEGAL TO WITH HOLD IF YOU CANCEL BEFORE DELIVERY.I HAVE READ PURE HORROR STORIES ON THIS ASHLEY COMPANY FROM ALL OVER AMERICA.IT IS LIKE A RAT TRAP ONCE YOU HAND THEM MONEY.MY ADVISE CONTACT BBB YOUR INTERNET SITES. MY GOD THIS ONE COMPANY HAS BROUGHT ME TO A STATE OF A NERVOUS BREAKDOWN.AND I AM NOT ALONE EITHER!HOW DO THESE PEOPLE SLEEP AT NIGHT?HOW CAN THEY SAY FAMILY RUN AND HONEST?

Folks who are having issues....Go to Ashleys Twitter page and be heard!I am sorry but I still dont understand how they get by with this w so many complaints.

I can tell you I have stopped several people from shopping there after they seen my furniture! Be heard everyday 20 times a day.

Do it in a legal way but let them know your angry.Let them know their policies are jacked up and they are wrong for doing people this way.

i was told by Ashley today that they have not gotten enough complaints on the DuraBlend material to warrant taking it out of their stores. please email any pictures of your "peeling" sofa to: sharris@ashleydsg.com

to Anonymous #1022660

Oh they have had enough complaints.Because the warehouse guy told me they had.

Mine wasnt durablend it was real leather and falling apart. Their quality is rotten!!!!! I had to fight them but I was not backing down because they are wrong to do people this way. After months and numerous photos and tweets.

I got full reimbursement. They may tell u they cant.....but dont back down when you know your right. These couches are horrible. I ended up just going to big lots.

Paying cash for a cheap set. Its not ripping. Lol. I really thought with Ashleys I was getting a top of the line brand.....worst furniture I had ever bought.

Now any furniture store I go in I make sure they dont show me any Ashleys product.The quality is not there and neither is the customer service!

to Anonymous #1134544

I wrote an email regarding this sectional, did you ever get any satisfaction?

to Anonymous #1134553

They lied to you like theyvlie to everyone else.

mtodd50
Greenbrier, Arkansas, United States #1022652

Dont pay a restocking fee.Hang in there.

Take the loss and let social media hear your voice! Twitter is a real good place. I was willing to take a loss but I was not willing to let them to get away w what they are doing to people.

Contact them on twitter. Over and over.

Let your voice be heard. Do it legally ofcourse. However, they have got to QC their furniture better or quit using cheap stuff. They ended up crediting the full amount for mine after months and months of going at it.

I was not going to back down when I could prove tht defective. So I did. Hang in there! I would not pay a restock fee.

No way!

They are taking peoples money left and right and it is not ok!Good Luck!!!!

upset with Ashley
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States #1022649

to upset with Ashley #1022664

They would tell me there is nothing they can do.They would tell me they have hardly had any dissatisfied customers.

I wasnt accepting that. I knew what I bought was defective and I proved it. I went to twitter 20 times a day 7 days a week. They read them.

They called me out on it. I was not going to keep making payments on 4,000 worth of furniture that was falling apart before my eyes! I was angry and felt scammed. Time after time they would tell me they werent gonna do anything.

Or they would fix it by taking the whole couch apart. Getting nowhere, I agreed to let them fix it. Well they sent the leather to my house piece by piece in a cheap bag that had rips in it. When I took the piece out and seen two holes punched and a piece of thread...I knew....I was gonna win this war.

People I fought, tweeted, went to an attorney, then marched my hiney right into the store. Ashleys furniture store is protected when it comes to the law. However, consumers have a voice. I used mine.

I was not going to accept what they had to offer which was nothing.

I am free and clear of his sectional set and I am sooo glad.

Maybe they wanted rid of me as much as I wanted rid of them!!!!

I also have peeling problem too much money for the couch too fall apart that soon they don't want to fix it