We purchased the San Marco sectional model/sku # 163-324-2 and 163-324-3 for $1483.90 cash from the General Manager Andrew Lee on February 28, 2009.In less than 30 days the couch seat cushions have sagged.
The cushions do not recoil or return to normal position once we get up. While sitting we can feel the railing in the couch. We called Ashley Furniture on March 29, 2009 they referred us to their customer service because once a customer purchases a product they no longer have anything to do with any issues with that product. We immediately called customer and explained the issues, a tech was scheduled to come out on April 7, 2009.
The service tech came out on April 7, his findings were the couch is defective. The customer service rep he reported to (Sandra D.) gave him and us a hard time when we spoke with her. She told us the couch is not defective it's the way we are sitting on the couch. There's only one way to sit on a couch.
Ashley Furniture is unwilling to allow us to select a different couch; we no longer trust the San Marco model based on this experience, however the lead customer service rep is willing to allow us to select a different couch as long a we pay a restocking fee of $150.Why should customers have to pay restocking fee to select a different couch when the first couch was deem defective!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- San Marco Sectional
- Review category
- Supermarkets and Malls
You May Also Like
- "I purchased the mattress on a Saturday, delivered Wednesday and looked like their was a body inside of it. This is an expensive Simmons Holly Glen Mattress. Ashley delivered a..."
- "Do not buy furniture from Ashley Furniture HomeStore. Their sales people lie to try to get you to buy their Extended Warranty by claiming all the crazy things they cover..."
- "Ashley Home Furniture DOES NOT stand behind their products. I was sold a sofa and recliner that start crackling and peeling a year after I had purchased it. I..."
- "In March, we had our driveway, front walkways, and patio/pool deck resurfaced with concrete designed by Rob Allen, owner of Concrete in Designs, Inc. He works in the Chicago area..."
- "We called customer service as soon as they left after we saw the damage on our brand new floors but they were closed. The delivery guys did not use..."
- "This guy Nick Garulay is doing some amazing things for Thrive and le-vel. He's using his marketing and web skills to build a team under him. I'm not a fan..."
- "Excitedly we went through the measuring process.... new suit for school for my 17year old son. We chose a very dark navy suit.... there are strict controls on what he can..."
- "Ordered a jersey from aliexpress months ago, it never arrived. Tracking number never worked. The seller mysteriously closed down his shop and has not responded to any of my messages...."
- "First my 6 month old range cooling fan broke which took five weeks to replace the entire unit since there were no replacement parts available. Customer service was difficult..."