We ordered a bedroom set and living room set totaling almost $5,000 from Ashley. The delivery was set for 3:30 pm to 6:30 pm. They came at 8:15 pm. With no call to let us know. (We tried calling them, and were told that they were "just a few minutes away...at 6:20 pm...hmmmmm. Long few minutes)

The first item off the truck was the couch...it was torn, and they asked if that was "okay" -- seriously????? Then they got to the bed...part of it was the right size, part was the wrong size.

So we called customer service, who lied and said the store was closed (it was not) and that WE (not them) would have to call the store the next day to arrange for the correct parts to be ordered.

I have since spent over 6 hours on the phone to a number of people, trying to get some answers. The bed part, it turns out now, will have to be ordered and will not arrive until late August....almost 2 months from now. Meanwhile, we have a 200lb plus headboard and foot board leaning up against our wall, and a big box of parts that runs the length of one wall on our bedroom floor.

I have spoken to the store manager, the sales manager and the corporate office. Not a one of them really gives a hoot. They just say things like, well, you'll have to pick out replacements. Seriously? Because furniture is just interchangeable, right? Has nothing to do with decor or anything, right?

They claim that because they are franchised, that they cannot get the missing part from a store in California or Florida (both of which have them in stock -- I called myself to ask) but must instead just twiddle their thumbs and wait for a date some day in the future ---when they may or may not have the REST of the bed.

Save yourself the trouble, and shop somewhere else.

Review about: Ashley Furniture Headboard.

Had an Experience with Ashley Furniture?

Comments