Bear, Delaware
Featured Not resolved

Like so many other reviews posted, I made a BIG mistake buying from Ashley Furniture. The problem is the warehouse located in Newark, Delaware. When the furniture was delivered (loveseat, recliner and sofa - all power, 2 end tables, coffee table and two lamps), one of the delivery guys was very rude. He walked in like he owned the place and not even a greeting. They damaged the loveseat, couch and recliner by scratching them going up the stairs and into the door. This also left unsightly damage to the door entrance. When I suggested that they do more to protect the furniture in the future, he had the nerve to as me "how". He's the delivery person and had to ask ME how. What a joke. I told him to wrap the furniture in the blankets they had in the truck. Then he asked me how would the blankets stay on. What a joke! I told him to use the rope (also in the truck) to tie it around the blanket. He shut up after that, but this only the beginning of my nightmare.

All the tables have swirl marks, smudges, outright scratches and a noticeable dent in one of the end tables. I was told the swirl marks are "normal". It's obvious they were used. I called Ashley about repair or replacement. They have missed multiple appointments (both telephone call-backs and visits) and not even called to reschedule. I had to consistently call them after they missed the appt. The manager was a nice guy, but VERY forgetful. They came out to look at it (after they missed an appt that I had to call them about), then came out to try some swirl remover (again, after another missed appointment that I had to call them about). The swirl remover did not remove the swirls. Then they said they would order new table tops and have them delivered to my residence. Two weeks passed, nothing. I call them to ask about the delivery, they said they would check and call me right back. Two days passed, nothing. I called them, yet again, and was told that the separate table tops were not an option. So tell me why didn't they call me when the found this out??? Makes it so bad is that the manager told me (on his previous visit) that he had already ordered one of the table tops. Only a couple weeks ago did the manager get a hold of 1 tabletop and replace the one that was dented. His doing that was the only thing that kept this being a 1 star review. He also said he would escalate the other table issues to his boss. Since then I've tried speaking to the main manager, but he always has left early. I give up.

I don't know about other Ashley stores, but communication with the customer is non existent with this warehouse in Newark DE. They answer the phone, but not much after that. Either way. Absolutely the worse customer relations I've ever experienced. All I can do at this point is sell this stuff at a loss, buy GOOD tables and send complaint letters.

If you live in Delaware, I strongly recommend that you don't buy from Ashley furniture! Save yourself some money and a headache. If you must, then don't let the delivery guys rush you to sign for the delivery like the did to me. Inspect the furniture thoroughly because coming from Ashley (and from reading other reviews), it's automatically suspect. If you notice damage, don't sign! Make them take it back immediately.

Review about: Ashley Furniture Sofa.

Had an Experience with Ashley Furniture?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion