Verified Reviewer

2.2

Original review updated by user Dec 20, 2020

I ordered a living room set in November. I was assured it was in stock but couldn't be delivered until December.

I needed the furniture in time for Christmas as I don't have living room furniture. I never received a confirmation email, text, nothing, so I called customer service to make sure my order was coming. The first rep was apparently having phone issues--her phone kept cutting in and out. She put me on hold for 18 mins., then a recording comes on wanting me to rate the service I received!

Hadn't received any service to rate! I hung up, called back, got a different rep. She checked and said she would transfer me to delivery service as she showed nothing on her end. The "helpful" (read blase attitude) guy in delivery service asked if I got an email or text?

Told him no, that's why I was calling. He said if I didn't get confirmation, obviously I wasn't getting a delivery. He showed a couch would be delivered in a 'week or so' (after Christmas) and the loveseat in January! I asked why I wasn't notified about not only the rescheduling, but why the order was being split into two deliveries?

He didn't know. I told him I needed this for Christmas and based on the lack of communication, poor service, and missing the scheduled delivery, cancel the order. He switches me back to the rep who says the delivery department has to cancel on their end. She did go in and issue a cancellation and notified the card I used to cancel the transaction.

She said I would receive an email confirming cancellation. Two days later I still do not have said email. I plan on calling the card company myself tomorrow to verify they did receive a cancellation notice.

All in all I was on the phone over an hour trying to get information. That and the lack of communication is unacceptable, as my money spends anywhere.

User's recommendation: Avoid like the plague.

Ashley Furniture Cons: Gross incompetence, Lack of customer service.

Comments