Ashley Furniture - Bought durablend leather couch and loveseat peeling and cracking.

686 of 2028 Ashley Furniture reviews

Purchased a durablend leather couch and loveseat from Ashley 2 years ago it started cracking and peeling everywhere.Called the MFS protection plan said not covered normal wear and tear.

Was told this furniture would last up to 15 years if taken care of. False its garbage so is the warranty plan. Company refuses to do anything about. Will never buy anything from them again, everyone on this site should start a classaction lawsuit against Ashley and the Montage warranty service.

Do not buy from them ever they suck and do not purchase warranty its worthless.One pissed off consumer.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 86 Yes 86
686 of 2028 Ashley Furniture reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Oct 03 #1222045 Boston, Massachusetts, United States

My durablend sofa and love seat recliners started to peel just three months ago. I contacted Ashley and they told me that they will not do anything to correct them. It would be wasting their time and my time trying to get it resolved as it already passed 5 years warranty. I told them that this was a material defect issue not normal wear and tear and Ashley should take responsibility. I was always Ashley furniture kind of guy but after this incident i will never ever buy anything Ashley furniture again and i will make sure that my families and friends will not buy them neither.

3 0 Reply

Sep 28 #1219857 Fishers, Indiana, United States

I have the same couch and ours is peeling and cracking too! Piece of ***! Shame on you Ashley furniture!

Oh no

Sep 20 #1215861 Denver, Colorado, United States

Are you kidding me. Ashley knows what's going on. There are other stores that are facing this same issue. Manufacturer defect and they know very well that its not a ware issue but a manufacturing issue. We were told that we were purchasing quality leather sofas. You are one of the lucky ones but don't close your eyes that these stores are well aware of this issue. They just don't want to compensate anyone.

Shotty Product

Sep 20 #1215857 Denver, Colorado, United States

I bought a sofa from Hudson with same results. I was told it was manufacturers defect and the sellers are well aware of this issue. It is not a ware issue and they know it. Contact BB bureau to see if there are other complaints

Aug 18 #1200790 Pleasanton, Texas, United States

For the thousands of people that continue to patronize big box furniture stores because of the 'value'. Stop the madness. Nothing sold by chains such as Ashley, Rooms2Go, or Furniture Row are worth anything more than a piece of trash set that will last no more than a few years. If leather is what you want. Wait, save and buy a real top grain leather set. Even leather match is ok. Anything DURABLEND, or bonded, bi-cast, blended, vinyl is all the same thing. It's made of the reject pieces of leather that are not fit to go into a quality piece and then its grinded up and combined with a polyurethane. Most 'Durablend' or any form of this garbage might have 15% leather and the rest if synthetic junk that has been painted or pigmented to 'resemble' leather. It doesn't breathe, it peels, it feels like plastic and any retailer who sells it as anything more than a starter piece for a young person that has just left home to be on their own, are crooks and don't deserve to be in the industry. It also punctures super easy. Real leather actually gets better over time and becomes softer and more supple. The choice is yours but any retailer that lies to the consumer about what they are selling and then double whammy's the situation by telling you to go up a creek doesn't deserve your hard earned or even to be in business.

Aug 18 #1200789 Pleasanton, Texas, United States

Jul 28 #1191566 Miami, Florida, United States

Durablend is not leather... get that in your head, plain and simple. If you want quality buy top grain leather furniture like I have from Ashley and no complaints whatsoever.

0 5 Reply
No Name

Jul 28 #1191565

Im going thru the same thing 3700.00 spent and this stuff peels in little tiny round flakes. Wait to see if headquarters will stand behind what they sell

Apr 05 #1139873

Omg, people are you kidding me, you got two years out of it so what's the problem, they are not responsible for nasty dirty people, lmao... Try and wipe the next couch off once a week, clean it for goodness sake. Someone sweaty or a dog sat there you can tell. I would have laughed at you so hard. Nothing last more than a year anymore nothing TVs appliances, cars furniture. A warranty doesn't cover your dirty butt. People are something

0 17 Reply
James Zima

Feb 05 #1107022 Schererville, Indiana, United States

Same here I bought a living room set and bedroom set from them first coffee table started peeling then durablend leather couch withing 2 years of purchase. Both were denied under platinum warranty. What a waste.

5 0 Reply

Jan 27 #1101629

We are going through the same problem. We bought an Ashley 2 sofas
and loveseat set at Hhgregg about a
year and a half ago. We also had the 5 year extended warranty. A few months
ago the material on one of the sofas
started bubbling or peeling away. My
wife called the warranty company and to our surprise it's not covered. They said an accident would be covered. Huh? What a ripoff. What is the point of an extended warranty of it doesn't cover this. People are getting ripped off. They shouldn't be allowed to sell this ***, and it's not cheap, or is the extended warranty. I'm not a lawsuit person but in this case I think they should be held liable and people should be reimbursed.

3 0 Reply

Jan 13 #1094058

Hi, im working on exposing ashley sofas, i wld love if u can do a short post along with pics of ur sofa on my facebook page called ashley durablend sofa sucks . Please like and follow my page too. We gotta make NOISE!! i also have a post where i describe best route to go in order to get a response from Ashley Furniture!

12 1 Reply

Jan 13 #1094044

Hi, im working on exposing ashley sofas, i wld love if u can do a short post along with pics of ur sofa on my facebook page called ashley durablend sofa sucks: www.facebook.com/ashleypeel530 Thanks! Please like and follow my page too. We gotta make NOISE!! i also have a post where i describe best route to go in order to get a response from Ashley Furniture!

4 1 Reply

Jan 13 #1094041

1 1 Reply

Jan 10 #1091917

Having the same issues on our sectional. Totally upset and can't keep up vacuuming the durablend *** off my floor.

ashley durablend sucks

Jan 13 #1093644

Hey! I actually just set up a facebook page, twitter page and working on a website to expose the truth about ashley's crappy durablend sofas! Let's make Noise!!! Please visit my page and share your story, plus photos of your sofa! We need to take down Ashley in a BIG way! My facebook page is www.facebook.com/ashleypeel530

Kelly

Jan 03 #1087907 Virginia, United States

We are having the same, HORRIBLE, problem with our peeling "bonded leather" furniture, after being promised by the no-longer-there-saleswoman that the warranty covered "everything". Every time we call the warranty company, they switch the reason WHY it's not a covered item. Heck, the same saleswoman told us it even covered animal claws, which we now know is a complete LIE!!
I called AF customer service yesterday and the girl admitted there WAS a recall of the durabond some years back and perhaps THATS why we have HUGE areas of missing color. The person I need to call is "Diane", who won't be in until tomorrow. She said we will probably need to take pictures of the damage AND the tags under the furniture for proof. No problem.
"Diane" will be told, in no uncertain terms, that if Ashley DOESNT do SOMETHING to rectify this problem , we will be loading up the love-seat in the back of our big, red pick up, along with HUGE signs stating the CRAPPY furniture and customer service Ashley Furniture has, and drive around the TriCities area of VA/TN for months, and hopefully get the local news involved. If THAT doesn't work, then we will drop all of their sh***y furniture at the front door one night, along with more signs, take photos and hopefully get press coverage of THAT too!!
We spent over $2000 on this *** and I had previously stated I would NEVER buy from Ashley, based solely on their cheap, ugly orange/blue/yellow logo...it WREAKS of cheapness and tackiness.
... Show more

Jan 13 #1094056

Kelly, Chicago abc7 is doing a report on this. looking to talk to ppl like you! Jason Knowles at jason.r.knowles@abc.com, 312-505-3673. I'm at brendamak.abc7@gmail.com.
i'm pissed too, so i have set up facebook page called ashley durablend sofa sucks. please like and post pics of your sofa along with your story. We gotta make NOISE!!

Jan 13 #1094061

mistake, i copied and pasted.. im not Brenda, i'm just posting on behalf of them...

1-20 of 52 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.