9.3K views
Featured Not resolved

Purchased a durablend leather couch and loveseat from Ashley 2 years ago it started cracking and peeling everywhere.Called the MFS protection plan said not covered normal wear and tear.

Was told this furniture would last up to 15 years if taken care of. False its garbage so is the warranty plan. Company refuses to do anything about. Will never buy anything from them again, everyone on this site should start a classaction lawsuit against Ashley and the Montage warranty service.

Do not buy from them ever they suck and do not purchase warranty its worthless.One pissed off consumer.

Review about: Ashley Furniture Loveseat.

Had an Experience with Ashley Furniture?

Comments

Memphis, Tennessee, United States #1351258

I went through the same thing.I went and filed a complaint with the BBB they wouldn't do a thing about it they were rude and it was days before I got answer of denial from the I showed them my receipt , serial numbers and Pictures of the purchase and I was still denied.

Ashley would even give me a store credit.

They have poor customer service.My issue started in Jume 2016 and it ended 2017.

I don't think you'll see that piece of furniture in their advertisements.We bought one similar and the first time I wiped it down with water on a damp towel all the color on the leather came off on the rag.

I later discovered that the leather is a split hyde leather, paper thin and dyed with water based color. It went from dark chocolate to light caramel and the only way we could tell it was water based color was we received a little bottle of the same for touch up.

Little did I know I needed enough for the whole couch.By the way I can't recall which fadded first, the color, the ha ha leather or the salesman's commission.

Seattle, Washington, United States #1273525

I have the same crappy furniture peeled just after I got it and my montage claim was denied spent $1000 and five years later it's under slip covers until I can afford new couches

Boston, Massachusetts, United States #1222045

My durablend sofa and love seat recliners started to peel just three months ago.I contacted Ashley and they told me that they will not do anything to correct them.

It would be wasting their time and my time trying to get it resolved as it already passed 5 years warranty.

I told them that this was a material defect issue not normal wear and tear and Ashley should take responsibility.I was always Ashley furniture kind of guy but after this incident i will never ever buy anything Ashley furniture again and i will make sure that my families and friends will not buy them neither.

Fishers, Indiana, United States #1219857

I have the same couch and ours is peeling and cracking too! Piece of ***! Shame on you Ashley furniture!

Denver, Colorado, United States #1215866

It's manufacturer defect and Ashley knows it

Denver, Colorado, United States #1215861

Are you kidding me.Ashley knows what's going on.

There are other stores that are facing this same issue. Manufacturer defect and they know very well that its not a ware issue but a manufacturing issue. We were told that we were purchasing quality leather sofas.

You are one of the lucky ones but don't close your eyes that these stores are well aware of this issue.They just don't want to compensate anyone.

Denver, Colorado, United States #1215857

I bought a sofa from Hudson with same results.I was told it was manufacturers defect and the sellers are well aware of this issue.

It is not a ware issue and they know it.Contact BB bureau to see if there are other complaints

Pleasanton, Texas, United States #1200790

For the thousands of people that continue to patronize big box furniture stores because of the 'value'.Stop the madness.

Nothing sold by chains such as Ashley, Rooms2Go, or Furniture Row are worth anything more than a piece of trash set that will last no more than a few years. If leather is what you want. Wait, save and buy a real top grain leather set. Even leather match is ok.

Anything DURABLEND, or bonded, bi-cast, blended, vinyl is all the same thing. It's made of the reject pieces of leather that are not fit to go into a quality piece and then its grinded up and combined with a polyurethane. Most 'Durablend' or any form of this garbage might have 15% leather and the rest if synthetic junk that has been painted or pigmented to 'resemble' leather. It doesn't breathe, it peels, it feels like plastic and any retailer who sells it as anything more than a starter piece for a young person that has just left home to be on their own, are crooks and don't deserve to be in the industry.

It also punctures super easy.

Real leather actually gets better over time and becomes softer and more supple.The choice is yours but any retailer that lies to the consumer about what they are selling and then double whammy's the situation by telling you to go up a creek doesn't deserve your hard earned or even to be in business.

Pleasanton, Texas, United States #1200789

It also punctures super easy.