Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
2.2

I bought a wooden 8 drawer (item # B633-31) wooden dresser, a 5 drawer chest (item # B633-31 and a 2 drawer nightstand on 2/3/19 for a total of $2259.

I took deliver on 3/23/19.

And all 3 pieces were in good condition. Approx 2 weeks later I noticed that a 6” split in the wood in both the dresser and chest had formed on the top of both. I called the warranty dept who sent a tech out. The tech told me that the tops could be replaced and that he would put in an order to have tops replaced.

The split in the wood is now wider and has grown to 14” in length!

Today, 4/25/19 I received a call from an Ashley’s rep who informed me that the wood has split due to “Seasonal Factors” and that they would not repair or replace the 2 items. I was told to try and call the carrier of the extended warranty to see if they would fix. My contract says that I have a 1 year manufacturers warranty. Nothing in the contract says ANYTHING about seasonal wood damage. Mind you, the extended warranty is basically for accidental damage. Why should I use this when I have a 1 yr warranty from Ashley’s ???!!!

I’m mad as *** and not taking this lying down!! I’ve bought furniture in the past without issue. This is the way they treat customers! I feel like I bought a car from a shady used car salesman!!

I will take this to the BBB, small claims court and blast Ashley’s on social media every chance I get!!

Please heed my story!!! Ashley’s is a third rate company and think about spending a few extra bucks and buy from a reputable company who cares about customer satisfaction!!! I learned my lesson and will NEVER EVER do business with them again!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Ashley Furniture Starmore Wood Dresser.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments