Ashley Furniture - Claimed to not use chemicals

120 of 2028 Ashley Furniture reviews

I made it clear to sales women I was very allergic to smells, and repeatedly asked if chemicals were used in sofa.She told me they stopped using chemicals in there products, so I bought a sofa.

Much to my surprise, they not only still use them but it seems to be 5 times worse than anything I could have gotten from Walmart! It has been 2 months,and the smell is still in home, and it is making me deathly ill now. When I spoke to them about it, they said it was not from sofa since they do not use chemicals in any product of there's.

Biggest mistake I have ever made!!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Sofa
Review category
Furniture and Decor
review #853099 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Ashley Furniture? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
120 of 2028 Ashley Furniture reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Ashely is the worst

Jun 16 #1174290 Columbia, Maryland, United States

I have never heard of anyone on earth having an allergy to "smells". Literally everything we use in our day to day lives has some sort of smell to it lmfao. There is absolutely no way to get a sofa in any material that does not have a smell to it. You are obviously allergic to some kind of chemical and once again every material you get on a sofa has some chemicals in it either to give it color or to protect it etc. any sales person you talk to in an Ashley store is guaranteed to have absolutely no clue what they are talking about when it comes to the products, all they know how to do is throw fake discounts at you and force you to buy over priced wal mart quality garbage furniture. I will never understand how soooooo many people continue to shop there and buy there *** when everyone knows how terrible it is and everyone knows someone with an Ashely horror story but for some reason people still keep going there and throwing their money away

0 0 Reply

Jun 07 #1170118

Hey lady, guess what chemicals are? Any combination of elements. Yes, ANY. That includes the fabric, wood, and stuffing of thr couch. You are not "allergic to smells", the couch literally is a chemical. So please be more specific about what type of chemicals you mean.

1 0 Reply
Holly2016

May 30 #1166391

Since someone has taken it upon themselves to *** my account and post lies, I will be closing this account. My mistake was not in buying a sofa but in trying to post about it to help others.

0 0 Reply
Holly2016

May 29 #1166008

Wow let me guess, since you wish to post anonymous, you are nothing but a troll who has nothing better to do with your life but be an *** to someone. Does it help you feel better about yourself? Must be very lonely in your world.
And as for the other comment,feeling are not hurt, I am just wondering why you feel the need to be so rude to someone,when all I did was speak the truth about a product. Are you overcompensating for a lack of intelligence? Since all you wish to do is try to belittle someone?
I said allergic is smells, since it is not ONLY chemicals. Some people with allergies and asthma can not handle smells in general, be man made or natural.

3 0 Reply

May 29 #1165985

Allergic to smells? LOL. Perhaps you are allergic to chemicals.

1 4 Reply
Not_the_0P

May 29 #1165968 Benicia, California, United States

Oh it is not rude when someone says "What do you have inside your head ... Soggy thrift store breadcrumbs? Good grief!", where I am from that is rude.
Well if something is going to hurt your feeling do not share your letter when people can reply back.

2 4 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.