Verified Reviewer

I will not purchase another piece of furniture from Ashley Furniture, and I would urge anyone reading this to also refrain. You can thank me later.

My wife and I picked out a dresser and two night stands that we liked. We paid at the store and scheduled to pick them up at the warehouse the following day. Total with tax was a little over $2k. We picked up the pieces, and they were completely boxed up, so we just loaded them up and headed home.

When I unboxed the furniture I found two pieces in brand new ready to use condition, they looked just a beautiful as they did on the showroom floor, however, one of the nightstands was missing a piece on the bottom where the foot would screw in. I promptly called Ashley and was told to send a photo of the problem. Once received, they said it was not a part they could order, and they would open a claim and call me back in a couple of days. They never called back, so I did.

The next person I spoke to then told me that they couldn't do anything for me since I picked it up at the warehouse and that it was my fault, and I'm stuck with it.

When I called the store directly, they told me to take it back to the warehouse, which is an hour drive for me. No one with Ashley is taking any responsibility for the defective piece of furniture they sold me, and I would highly encourage anyone looking for furniture to look elsewhere, because once they have your money, they couldn't care lessabout you about you.

User's recommendation: Stay clear.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Ashley Furniture Pros: I like the furniture offerings.

Ashley Furniture Cons: Will not warranty their own damage or defective items.

Location: 1415 South 3200 West, Salt Lake City, UT 84104