Hanford, California

As I sit and relax on my loveseat the armrest creaks & squeaks. The problem revealed itself from the first day right after the retailer delivered it to my home.

The purchase included free delivery. The retailer says I need to bring it into their store. They are about twelve miles from my home. I am older, retired, alone, and don't own a truck; returning the loveseat to the retailer would be quite the impossible task.

The task would require me to rent a truck and hire help. This is not fair because the product was defected when delivered. I have called Ashley consumer affairs on several occasions always with the same result; NO customer service. I have about 4 months remaining before the one-year warranty is expired.

I really need Ashley to address the issue.

All I need is for them to pickup and deliver to the retailer so their rep can inspect the issue. Of course, they could visit my home and inspect it here, but that would be too easy.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ashley Furniture Loveseat.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Ashley Furniture Pros: Design of furniture.

Ashley Furniture Cons: Cheap structure.

Comments

Rickard

I finally gave-in and paid S & Y to come and P/U the creaking loveseat. This was back in July 2016, a month before the warranty would expire. They delivered back to me after one day and it is better, but not 100%...The repair guy did a lousy job re-stapling the sheer fabric on the under-side; looks like it was done by a first-grader...saw that when the delivery guys brought it in the house...

I will never buy an Ashley product again...

Still waiting to hear something from Ashley Consumer Affairs.

The retailer, S & Y Furniture in Mojave, Calif, their indifference is egregious to say the least. My warranty will expire in August 2016 and the clock is ticking...do you hear me, Ashley?

Ashley Furniture Reviews