We bought a kitchen table and 8 chairs in late Nov.Was delivered 12-4-07 with the table having chips down the seam for the leaf & one of the chairs had a tear on the front edge.

The delivery guys said someone would contact me about trading the table and the chair out. I got the call and a guy came however he wanted to repair not replace! We let him repair chips figuring if it wasn't to our liking we would definitely fight for a new table. Very much to our surprise the tech did a great job of repairing the chips.

The tech told us we'd get a new cushion in 2 weeks shipped via UPS and we could remove the 4 screws and put the new cushion ourselves. Unless we wanted to call him back out to do the chair. The sad part to that was we already waited 2 weeks after our delivery to have this tech make the service call and figured we'd get the cushion on the same day we received it rather than waiting yet another 2 weeks for him to have *time* to get to us. (In hind sight, if this furniture company was reputable- why would they have the service techs so busy all the time that it takes 2 weeks before they are able to get to a customer!) Well it's now been 6 weeks and no cushion yet.

The kicker is when we bought this set we did the 3 months same as cash thinking we didn't have to pay anything until right before the 3 onths were up...yet today I got a call from the credit card company saying I need to make a payment. I told them that the set was not taken care of to our satisfaction and until it was we would not pay. I've called the warehouse and he is looking into the matter and *suppose* to call me back.

Will be interesting to hear what excuse they give me about where the cushion has been for 6 weeks!

Review about: Ashley Furniture Table.

Had an Experience with Ashley Furniture?

Comments

AshleyTammy
Capitola, California, United States #3750

Due to the fact that the person who submitted a post on this site did not use their real name, we have no way of knowing if they actually contacted AFI for assistance. Therefore, if we do not hear from a consumer, we are unable to assist.

Capitola, California, United States #2857

The HomeStores and authorized dealers that sell Ashley Furniture are independently owned and operated. If a store is unable or unwilling to assist with a warranty claim, Ashley’s corporate office can assist by notifying the store of their warranty obligations. We request that you consider contacting the Ashley Furniture Consumer Affairs Department. We are here to help!

Our contact information is as follows:

Email: consumeraffairs@ashleyfurniture.com

Fax: 1-608-323-6139

Phone: 1-800-477-2222, ext. 5013

Mail: Ashley Furniture Industries, Inc.

Attn: Consumer Affairs

One Ashley Way

Arcadia, WI 54612

Mariposa, California, United States #2763

Wow, I can't tell you how many times I've seen this type of situation.Ashley has horrible customer service and there seems to be no near correction to this problem.

I've worked for both Ashley and Levitz and both of them have horrible customer service. Levitz is finally going out of business and I firmly believe that it is largely due to the horrible customer service. Of course items can get damaged being shipped all the way from China or where ever, but it's how the company helps the consumer out after that that counts. Both of them get an "F" in that department.

VERY IMPORTANT!!! Be careful what you do with the monthly payment thing. That is almost always financed through a third party who doesn't care what's happening with you and Ashley (they want their money). I would just pay the minimum, save your credit, and fight Ashley seperately.

Best of luck to you.:grin :eek