my wife and i bought a set of bunk beds at the Johnstown pa store on July 9 08. we received delivery on July 22. when the service men tried to put them together parts were missing. also in trying to assemble it they damaged and broke several wood panels.

they (Ashley's) told us they had to send a tech to check it out.when the tech got here he didn't even know what he was suppose to do. after checking it out he said he was going to recommend all new hardware and new panels be sent.

this was on Aug 6Th on Aug 18 after not hearing from them i called them i was told all parts were shipped and would come directly to me.some of the parts showed up on the 22ND. on the 25Th i called again. i was then told it could be 4 weeks before i would received all the parts.

they than offered 100.00 in store credit. i told them i would never shop at Ashley's again. and to solve the problem they could come get them and give me my money back. to which i was told i would be charged a 30% restocking fee. i told them i would send this letter to consumer protection and see what they had to say.

all of these calls were to customer care at 1 888 822 2444. i just talked to the Johnstown store and was told it would be 2 weeks before all the parts would be here.

in the mean time my wife is 37 weeks pregnant.my sons toys and stuff are in the hall and sun room and our life is a shambles. what do we do?

Robert n weimer

912 north Broadway st

Berlin pa 15530.

Review about: Ashley Furniture Furniture Set.

Had an Experience with Ashley Furniture?

Comments

11 17 STILL DEBUNKED

Great Chart, England, United Kingdom #35717

9-19 08 still debunked

Great Chart, England, United Kingdom #31017

Should have payed by store credit!!!!

La Quinta, California, United States #30416

To assist Mr. Weimer, I have forwarded his concerns directly to the head of Customer Care for the Johnstown, PA HomeStore.

If you or anyone you know is having an issue, please refer to the following.

The HomeStores and authorized dealers that sell Ashley Furniture are independently owned and operated. We request that you consider contacting the store directly for assistance, if you are unable to get assistance from the store, please feel free to contact the Ashley Furniture Consumer Affairs Department, so we can assist you by contacting the store on your behalf.

Our contact information is as follows:

Email: consumeraffairs@ashleyfurniture.com

Fax: 1-608-323-6139

Phone: 1-800-477-2222, ext. 5013

Mail: Ashley Furniture Industries, Inc.

Attn: Consumer Affairs

One Ashley Way

Arcadia, WI 54612

You may also consider visiting our website, www.ashleyfurniture.com. Click on “Contact Us” at the bottom of the homepage.

We are here to help!