Naples, Florida

I ordered an entire bedroom set from Ashley/City Furniture, and spent around $2,000 on it, plus $130 for shipping. The sales rep told me if I ordered the storage trundle, I don't need to buy a box spring for the mattress.

She didn't have the storage trundle, only the trundle bed, but told me it was identical, just with drawers instead of an extra bed, and it ran the length and width of the bed. The day they delivered the set, I noticed several damages on every single piece. I sent everything back. They redelivered the following week, and again, everything was damaged.

The third time, I received a dresser, the bed was damaged, but I had to keep it because we needed a bed, and the nightstand, and chest were damaged, and got sent back. I was told someone would come out to repair the bed the next day. Nobody showed up. I called, and they told me that no appointment was set, and I would have to wait at least a week.

They also damaged my hardwood floors in four different areas, by moving the bed around. I was told they would repair that as well (I'm doubtful). The trundle I had ordered was not what had been described to me... it looked nothing like the one I had seen, and was maybe a quarter of the size it was supposed to be.

I had also been lied to about not needing the box spring. The three narrow slat would never be able to hold a mattress, so I sent the trundle back, along with the other pieces, and still had no bed to sleep in. The fourth time, they sent a boxspring, but the furniture was damaged, so I sent it back. The fifth time, I received a night stand, but the chest was damaged, so I sent that back.

Today was the sixth delivery, for the chest. It was damaged, I sent it back. The customer service supervisors refuse to discount anything, or even remove the delivery charge for my order. I paid full price for this garbage.

Their only solution was for me to send everything back, and shop somewhere else for furniture. They have been so horrible to me, they will not do anything to fix the problem, they just continue to send me damaged pieces. BIG damages too... I don't understand how nobody notices theses things before bringing it to my house!

I will never ever use them again!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Ashley Furniture Dresser Mirror.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Monetary Loss: $2000.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Comments