2.0

I went to Ashley Home store 29 Aug. Inquired about purchasing a bed and frame.

Place an order the same afternoon. I asked what was delivery time frame. I was told that delivery would be 4 Sept 2020 and given a couple of times ranges. She could not provide a specific time in the afternoon because delivery was coming from out of town.

I requested 12 to 2pm. She said she would double-check delivery date. She confirmed and printed my delivery order with delivery date of 4 Sept 2020. She made a point to tell me that If I don't answer my phone when delivery drivers called, they would not deliver.

I took the day off from work to avoid delivery issues. I called the store about 1230 to on 4 Sept to see what was going on. I was told that my delivery was scheduled for 10 Sept 2020. That didn't sit well with me.

I asked her to verify delivery date on 29 Aug. I just started a new job, so I don't have leave to burn. I took my order document down to store in Richmond and showed them that my delivery was scheduled for 4 Sept. Brian apologized for mix up.

If you can't make a delivery, when were you going to tell me that my delivery date had changed. No one called. I received a call from the delivery POC that afternoon and was rescheduled for 10 Sept. I am not sure when or who told me, that the delivery truck was full on 29 Aug.

The problem is no one called to tell me that my delivery was not going to happen. I requested a late afternoon delivery so that I could go to work and hopefully not have to rush home. I was told that they couldn't be specific with time. So I asked for 2 - 4pm slot.

I received a call at work around noon that the delivery truck was 25 minutes out. No consideration was given to my time. I have to drive 30 miles to meet the truck.

It's as if the customers don't matter. I do not normally worry about delivery delays, but this bothered me because the response was so blasé.

Preferred solution: Be up front with customers. We also have things to do.

Comments