Wilmington, Delaware

I went to the Ashley Furniture store on Concord Pike in DE to purchase a living room set. In the beginning, I had an awesome salesperson by the name of Paul. He was very personable, helpful and offered me a great deal on a set. We had discussed all the accessories that went with it and everything. Scott, the store manager, thought the discounts were too much and reversed some of them. I let Paul know that I really liked the furniture and I was going to purchase it anyway. Luckily for me, I went in the Plymouth Meeting, PA store and found the same set cheaper. Scott matched the price and I thought everything was fine. Here come the problems. When the furniture was delivered, it was the wrong color. I called the store. Scott and Paul tried to argue with me saying that that was the color I chose. Now this great salesperson I spoke of earlier has turned on me. I guess that may have been to benefit the store. I couldn’t believe after the in-depth conversation we had he would act like that. I reminded them of the reasons why I had chosen the chocolate color. I am a Philadelphia firefighter and also a part-time mechanic. There was no way I would purchase a tan living room set. I also described to them the lamps and rug that was set-up with the furniture. Keith, the district manager, was very nasty in how he handle the whole situation. In my opinion, he lacked all the customer service skills that are necessary for the position that he held. He discounted everything I said and stated he only believed what his employees had said. He tried to charge me a restocking fee to correct their mistake. After speaking with the owner’s daughter the color problem was resolved. The next issue I had was that it was going to take another month before it was delivered. That would be a total of two months without furniture. Totally unacceptable!!! You would think since it was an Ashley error they would speed up the process. Nope!! When it was finally delivered, they only delivered ONE PIECE, the sofa!!! I had ordered a sofa, a loveseat and a wedge. Unbelievable!! After calling the store again, they tried to say that there would be another wait. That would have meant that I would have taken off two days from work. I informed them if my furniture was not delivered that same day that they could keep it and refund my money. Miraculously, they were able to deliver the items. The only level headed and cooperative person throughout this entire transaction was Cindy. She kept me calm throughout this whole ordeal.

I have a suggestion. I think there should be a section that displays the color on the receipt instead of just a part number. That way you would be able to verify and initial the color ordered.

Andrew Brown

Philadelphia, PA

Product or Service Mentioned: Ashley Furniture Furniture Set.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

My Ashley sectional sofa will be the first and last. I'm

Sorry you went through all that..

If your couches are anything like mine in the next couple of months the springs are going to start becoming less springy and you'll find gaps in your couch and wood from the back rests will start popping out, and if it's fabric it'll be pilling like crazy after sitting in if. After 5 months of owning my sectional it looked like a 10 year old

Sofa.