I found out that ashley furniture makes money in two different ways.

Here they are; first, by selling furniture which is normal way of making money, second, dishonest way, in case customer cancells the purchase, they deduct all the money they discount as well as they charge cancellation fee, which is obviously ridiculous.

I purchased tons of furniture over about $5300 value from ashley when I did not know there are lots of bad commnets on ashely furniture.

I had two different delivery dates, one for living room set and the other for bedroom set.

Living set was supposed to come early but they kept changing delivery date back and forth 4 times for over two weeks. Stupidly, I was just being patient waiting. What is worse, at the end, they did not call to inform me of delayed delivery scheldule making me just wait all day long.

I was very pissed off and decided to cancel all of them. Thankfully, they told me they would not charge cancellation fee for living set, however, they needed to charge cancellation fee for bedroom set because I cancelled it before the scheduled delivery date.

I expected that they would make up for their such horrible delivery service by not charging anything. But I accepted it.

A month later, I get a refund check. It is about $4800. About $500 differnce from the total purchase.

I call Customer care, they say, because they gave me discount, they deducted it.

Does anyone think this makes sense????

It is like, they sell something for $1000, but give me $200 off, I pay $800, but later cancel it being charged $100 for penalty. Plus, they deduct $200 as well saying that just because they gave $200 off for discount. What I have in my hand is $500, instead of $700.

(I do hope people understand this math) They do not seem to know what refund means.

This is how they make money.

Interesting thing is that they did not send the cancellation receit with every single detail in it.

I feel like there is something fishy.

I ask them to send the cancellation receit. They told me that they were going to call me back without any response to the cancellation receit.

I'm now just waiting for their response now.

NEVER BUY any from ASHLEY FURNITURE!!! CHEATING and POOR CUSTOMER CARE!!!

Review about: Ashley Furniture Customer Care.

Had an Experience with Ashley Furniture?

Comments

Dendron, Virginia, United States #17070

I WORK FOR WILLIS FURNITURE STORE IN PASCAGOULA MS. WE CARRY ASHLEY FURNITURE AMOUNG MANY FINER NAME BRANDS. i PERSONALLY FEEL THAT ASHLEY FURNITURE IS GREAT FOR THE PRICE, YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.

Killington, Vermont, United States #10294

First Meme...just because it is fine print doesn't make it legal.

Have you ever heard of intent to defraud?... plus several other legal question in relation to the way Ashley does business.

Song keep on complaining.This company needs to be exposed.

Capitola, California, United States #10062

The HomeStores and authorized dealers that sell Ashley Furniture are independently owned and operated. We request that you consider contacting the store directly for assistance, if you are unable to get assistance from the store, please feel free to contact the Ashley Furniture Consumer Affairs Department, so we can assist you by contacting the store on your behalf.

Our contact information is as follows:

Email: consumeraffairs@ashleyfurniture.com

Fax: 1-608-323-6139

Phone: 1-800-477-2222, ext. 5013

Mail: Ashley Furniture Industries, Inc.

Attn: Consumer Affairs

One Ashley Way

Arcadia, WI 54612

You may also consider visiting our website, www.ashleyfurniture.com. Click on “Contact Us” at the bottom of the homepage.

We are here to help!

Mission, Texas, United States #9852

First off Song, if you accepted the furniture by signing something the delivery people gave you, that was your biggest mistake yet.Once you sign on the dotted line, you are screwed.

IF anything is wrong with the furniture, never, ever sign anything..dah.

There will always be restocking fees and the delivery fee usually isn't refundable, so they have you there as well.Always read the fine print on anything before you sign!!!!!